What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 FW1 Fri - Penrith 30-10 Sydney @ BlueBet

Finals Week 1: Penrith v Sydney

• Penrith Panthers

Votes: 21 70.0%
  • Sydney Roosters

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
Hmmmm maybe it's more our bench being better than our starters then.

Whyte was a monster. 14 runs, 140m , 32 tackles, 34 minutes...that's elite shit. And he didn't miss a tackle, JFC

Momentum is big. At one stage you had 80% of the ball against the Panthers bench, which is why Smith had to make 53 tackles.

Iamback

Coach
Since Souths defeated Penrith in week 1 of the 2021 finals, they've won 10 finals matches in a row.

This is how many points they've conceded in those matches:

6, 6, 12, 8, 12, 12, 6, 4, 24, 10

Ridiculous. I hope you Panthers fans have a proper grasp of how good you've got it.

You're experiencing something that happens once every 30-40 years.

I doubt my kids sees a team this good ever again

Valheru

Coach
Wow no karening by Robbo. I'm actually impressed.
Why would he?

We can bitch and moan about the no try forward pass and the no call on the trip on teddy but at the end of the day we allowed 4 tries in 15 minutes. When you do that you have no one to blame but yourselves. Outside of that 15 minutes when we mostly went set for set it was 10-8.

speedster

Juniors
I mean...was it though? Schneider is a waste of space, for sure. Eisenhuth played 16 mins. The other two made 180m at 10m a run and f**ken 85 tackles with 2 misses between them...I reckon that's probs better than junk, and also why Eisenhuth was barely needed.

f**ken Lindsey Smith made 53 tackles with 1 miss in 47 mins wtf
Another way of putting is that despite lapping the Roosters, there's still room for improvement. He just couldn't quite phrase it like that for some reason.

Valheru

Coach
Pretty high ceiling though. Robbo couldn't get that high with the ladder off a fire truck.
Absolutely

I just doubt they will reach that ceiling again. Halves of football like that don't come along very often.

Reminds me of 2019 where we did a very similar thing to Souths in week 1. 24-0 in quick time and ended 30-6 or something like that. In hindsight we peaked and it was an absolute battle the final 2 games.

Latest posts