What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

The Great Dane

First Grade
The Dragons have just announced the winning design of their Indigenous Jersey
artwork-for-competition-1_page-0001.jpg

I can't wait for the sponsors to be slapped on top of the design, totally ruining it in the process.

Nuke

Staff member
The hell are Parra doing? There's more white on their main kit than yellow. In fact, yellow's barely there at all.

Am I in the minority here? Parra's mainly-yellow kits look SO much better and identifiable, yet they keep going with mostly blue for home, and mostly white for away.
I just don't get it.

Hit The Post

Juniors
The hell are Parra doing? There's more white on their main kit than yellow. In fact, yellow's barely there at all.

Am I in the minority here? Parra's mainly-yellow kits look SO much better and identifiable, yet they keep going with mostly blue for home, and mostly white for away.
I just don't get it.
couldn't have said it better myself.

Reflector

Juniors

I just don't get it.
Well you see, we just don't have enough blue teams in the NRL.

The goal is eventually for all 17/18 teams to have a different shade of blue as their main colour

callmack1

Staff member
Haven't checked in on this thread in a few days so a bit of a late reaction to the Souths official jersey reveal. Biased of course, but I don't think anyone can dispute how good of a jersey this is.

It is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Everything a modern-day Souths jersey should be. I have been screaming out for this for years and the club has finally delivered! A far more traditional jersey and it just looks so clean!!!!

I'm gonna call it and say this is our best regular jersey of the modern era.

God I'm excited! Already bought it.

Let's gooooooo!!!!

MugaB

Coach

I just don't get it.
Pawwa are dumb! End of...20200114_051834.jpg
This is also the way there fans eat ice cream

The Great Dane

First Grade
Haven't checked in on this thread in a few days so a bit of a late reaction to the Souths official jersey reveal. Biased of course, but I don't think anyone can dispute how good of a jersey this is.

It is beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. Everything a modern-day Souths jersey should be. I have been screaming out for this for years and the club has finally delivered! A far more traditional jersey and it just looks so clean!!!!

I'm gonna call it and say this is our best regular jersey of the modern era.

God I'm excited! Already bought it.

Let's gooooooo!!!!
Mate, it's not even hard to dispute how good it is. It's exactly the same except for the side panels and there's nothing modern about it at all.

It's effectively the same design Souths have had for almost all of their history, even pre-RL in the 19th century, and as a design it isn't particularly interesting aside from it's value as a relic of a bygone era. At best it should be a heritage design that's whipped out for special occasions every now and again, not the staple design that's shamelessly, lazily, and cynically recycled like clockwork for mindless nostalgia sales.

Like most of RL's jersey culture it's dated garbage for old men and tragics whom refuse to accept the passing of time and zealously refuse to allow new generations to leave their mark on the club's and sport's culture. The fact that RL, and the NRL by extension, has proven almost totally incapable of any innovation in design for decades isn't something that should be celebrated, it's a cancer that's bad for the sport both commercially and culturally.

Last edited:

energizer

Juniors
I'm quite happy with our home (and away) jerseys this year.

44611-dscf5022-1300.jpg

The only thing they could have done better is either removed the boxes around the sponsors logo or at least fit them within the green hoop so there's no overlap. On the back, the Menulog logo should have been placed in the green hoop below and the same with Aqualand. For the away strip I'd prefer if we paired white socks to go with the white shorts.

The only club our jersey clashes with is when we play away against the Raiders. Since 2013:

- Rabbitohs have played Raiders 12 times
- 7 games no clash
- 3 games we have played away where our jersey clashed Raiders home jersey
- 2 games we have played at home where the Raiders jersey clashed with ours (which was the last time there was a clash)

There's plenty of opportunity to innovate/reboot different jersey designs (preseason, vs raiders at home, magic round (if NRL make this a thing) and indigenous round). The Sattler jersey sold extremely well this year (there was rumours there was 3k of pre-sales).

PARRA_FAN

Coach

I just don't get it.

At first I thought it was a training shirt but then when I found out it was official, I was hugely disappointed. Terrible jersey, not even a Parramatta style. The gold is faded whoever thought of that should be sacked.

Like most of RL's jersey culture it's dated garbage for old men and tragics whom refuse to accept the passing of time and zealously refuse to allow new generations to leave their mark on the club's and sport's culture. The fact that RL, and the NRL by extension, has proven almost totally incapable of any innovation in design for decades isn't something that should be celebrated, it's a cancer that's bad for the sport both commercially and culturally.
I like tradition and think it has many benefits one of which the attraction it has for sponsors to be associated with a jersey like Souths. I’ve heard more than once journos refer to Saints/Souths kits as the most valuable which fans/sponsors obviously buy into.

Nothing wrong with change either as I remember the South’s Minties strip being well received when launched in the early 80s and is still liked to this day.

I could live with Easts changing their home kit provided it’s better than the one it’s replacing. I don’t see any template in this or any other comp that could do better than our current kit except our Anzac design. Even the haters begrudgingly accept we have a great jersey

Bukowski

Juniors
I like tradition and think it has many benefits one of which the attraction it has for sponsors to be associated with a jersey like Souths. I’ve heard more than once journos refer to Saints/Souths kits as the most valuable which fans/sponsors obviously buy into.

Nothing wrong with change either as I remember the South’s Minties strip being well received when launched in the early 80s and is still liked to this day.

I could live with Easts changing their home kit provided it’s better than the one it’s replacing. I don’t see any template in this or any other comp that could do better than our current kit except our Anzac design. Even the haters begrudgingly accept we have a great jersey
Not a chooks fan but easily, consistently the best league jersey since the 70s.

Nuke

Staff member
what so they only repping the 97 reds/sharks template for 1year? (coulda been 2)
It was 2yrs. I was keen to see it sticking around for another few more, but with a different alternate kit (a mostly red one), but alas, no.

2001 it is.

Not a chooks fan but easily, consistently the best league jersey since the 70s.
My only issue with our kit is that our main sponsor supplies our mascot to dinner tables lol. It’s not exactly a cool brand either but at least they haven’t NIB’d our jersey and integrate very well with it.