What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos discussion etc

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Something like last year's heritage jersey would work well away to the Bulldogs for the Warriors as well as against St George, Canberra, Cronulla and even the Dolphins
Sure, but it should be on the Wahs to have a jersey that doesn't clash with us. Blue and white have been our colours since 1935 give or take some war years.

Timmah

Staff member
The Dogs wear the away kit at home ie last yr v Wahs. Its part the dogs fault.
This doesn't negate the need for the Warriors to have a kit that doesn't clash with Canterbury's.
And Tigers game this yr, when there is no need what so ever of a clash with home jerseys.
Not sure that matters so much when neither black nor orange clash. I'm not a fan of clubs wearing away jerseys at home without good reason, but if it doesn't clash I can't see the issue.

globalpanther

Juniors
Of course you dont Tim because it's your club. Bad attitude and very, very hypocritical.

And in regards to your answer to Wahs having a diff jersey, you blokes should so same v Cronulla. But oh thats right the hypocriticalness again.

Timmah

Staff member
Of course you dont Tim because it's your club. Bad attitude and very, very hypocritical.

And in regards to your answer to Wahs having a diff jersey, you blokes should so same v Cronulla. But oh thats right the hypocriticalness again.
Do you understand how arguments work?

You can dispute things I have said, you can't make up shit I haven't said to try to "win" an argument that was never presented to you.

Most clubs - especially any deciding to heavily use blue (nothing to do with my club specifically, it's the most-used colour in the competition) - should have an alternate jersey to aid with contrast against other clubs. There are good examples of it in years past and yes, even my club needs to do better in this space.

globalpanther

Juniors
You make comment that the Wahs should have an alternate when they play 'the dogs'. Why? Theres more a clash when you play Cronulla with either jersey v Cronulla's light blue then there was on Saturday.

Timmah

Staff member
You make comment that the Wahs should have an alternate when they play 'the dogs'. Why?
Because it's difficult to tell two teams wearing royal blue and white apart at a glance. It's not rocket science.

1720402208757.png

This is an example from last year, where we both wore away jerseys. This year was slightly better with both clubs wearing home jerseys but still not ideal. If the Warriors wore something like a black jersey (I believe their Indigenous jersey is this year) - any clash would be avoided.

Theres more a clash when you play Cronulla with either jersey v Cronulla's light blue then there was on Saturday.
I disagree with the premise that Bulldogs-Sharks clashes more than Bulldogs-Warriors, but I agree we should have something a bit more contrasting when we play the Sharks. Second consecutive post now where you're trying to pin me for something I haven't said.

globalpanther

Juniors
Because it's difficult to tell two teams wearing royal blue and white apart at a glance. It's not rocket science.

View attachment 90785

This is an example from last year, where we both wore away jerseys. This year was slightly better with both clubs wearing home jerseys but still not ideal. If the Warriors wore something like a black jersey (I believe their Indigenous jersey is this year) - any clash would be avoided.

I disagree with the premise that Bulldogs-Sharks clashes more than Bulldogs-Warriors, but I agree we should have something a bit more contrasting when we play the Sharks. Second consecutive post now where you're trying to pin me for something I haven't said.
Rubbish Tim. Rd 2 Light Blue vs All Royal Blue is more a clash than the weekend by a country mile. Only your bias self doesnt agree!

Timmah

Staff member
Rubbish Tim. Rd 2 Light Blue vs All Royal Blue is more a clash than the weekend by a country mile. Only your bias self doesnt agree!
You're probably right, because as I said, the Dogs-Warriors clash the weekend just gone was better than last year's which was awful.

You're still arguing something you put forward as my position which I actually don't agree with lol.

I've even conceded my club should have an alternate for some clashes (along with many other clubs). But you seem obsessed with calling me a hypocrite or biased.

MugaB

Coach

View attachment 90785

Warriors should have worn their white heritage jersey again, as they are the away team they should be catering for the dogs home strip

Timmah

Staff member
Warriors should have worn their white heritage jersey again, as they are the away team they should be catering for the dogs home strip
This doesn't make sense as Canterbury's home strip is white. Of the four Bulldogs-Warriors combos between home and away jerseys this year, the best option was chosen.

MugaB

Coach
This doesn't make sense as Canterbury's home strip is white. Of the four Bulldogs-Warriors combos between home and away jerseys this year, the best option was chosen.
I though it was all blue, did they change this season?

mn_tibor

Juniors
It is their new captains run jersey. It's only player issued and wont be available for retail. It is inspired by their 1995 World Sevens jersey.
Thanks mate - just saw this on X as well
720769.jpg

NK Arsenal

Juniors
Sure, but it should be on the Wahs to have a jersey that doesn't clash with us. Blue and white have been our colours since 1935 give or take some war years.
Correct me if I am wrong but Newtown got in first with the blue and white combination 27 years before the bulldogs did, if anything it is their colours.

I do get your point though, maybe the warriors should try a red or green away jersey like they did in the early 2000s. The dogs wearing the majority blue at home last year for most games was difficult viewing for most games last year and was highlighted in that game against the Warriors.

Timmah

Staff member
Correct me if I am wrong but Newtown got in first with the blue and white combination 27 years before the bulldogs did, if anything it is their colours.

I do get your point though, maybe the warriors should try a red or green away jersey like they did in the early 2000s. The dogs wearing the majority blue at home last year for most games was difficult viewing for most games last year and was highlighted in that game against the Warriors.
I'm sure you're right about Newtown, but this is the NRL forum and they aren't an NRL team, which should go withou saying.

I'm also not sure we wore 'majority blue for most games at home' last year?

toomuchsoup

Juniors
The Raiders V Knights matchup really annoyed me. The Knights home features no colours that the Raiders do (besides the small amount of blue on the Raiders collar and hem on the sleeves), but the Knights away is mainly the same colour as the Raiders shorts. It’s absolutely dumb to choose the option with overlapping colours (white) over the option that has no overlapping colours. I swear clubs mustn’t take shorts into account when choosing which jersey to wear even though shorts take up about a third of the whole kit.

Nuke

Staff member
Knights vs Canberra in last year's semi final (and I think also Round 1 this year?) both teams wore their main kits. No issues with clashing.

I'm a Knights man through-and-through, but I don't like their insistance of wearing their white alternate kit for every away game. It's so unnecessary a lot of the time.

Latest posts