What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 NRL finals matchups/schedule/locations

Scootsie

Juniors
That is it for me.
It is the Storm’s Grand Final and Premiership to lose In 2024.
The only real threat to that will be the Newcastle Knights.
Game on people!

undertaker

Coach
So, the finals fixtures according to Fox Sports:

NEXT WEEK (September 13-15)

Friday 7:50pm:
Panthers vs Roosters @ Penrith
Saturday 4:05pm: Storm vs Sharks @ AAMI Park
Saturday 7:50pm: Cowboys vs Knights @ Townsville
Sunday 4:05pm: Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles @ Accor Stadium

WEEK 2 (September 20-21)

Friday night:
loser of Storm/Sharks vs. winner of Cowboys/Knights @ AAMI Park/Allianz Stadium
Saturday night: loser of Panthers/Roosters vs. winner of Bulldogs/Sea Eagles @ Accor Stadium/Allianz Stadium

WEEK 3 (September 27-28)

Friday night:
winner of Panthers/Roosters vs. winner of week 2 Friday night final @ Accor Stadium/Allianz Stadium
Saturday night: winner of Storm/Sharks vs. winner of week 2 Saturday night final @ AAMI Park/Allianz Stadium

Last edited by a moderator:
The obvious danger game for the Sharks is Manly away last round where we have a terrible record.

The obvious danger game for the Roosters is the Raiders which can be a bit of a bogey team to the chooks.

I have no doubt Penrith win their remaining two games.

I think the Dargons are done. Their F/A is horrendous and 4 teams only one win away from them. Doubt they win both games. Which I think is what they need to do now. They have the Eels and Raiders to finish off.

I think Newcastle gets the 8th spot. They have the best run in home and seem to have the most credible form in the pack of 26pointers.

My prediction for the final 8 is the following.

1. Storm
2. Roosters
3. Sharks
4. Panthers
5. Bulldogs
6. Cowboys
7. Sea Eagles
8. Knights

I got the right teams but positions within the 8 didn’t pan out.

undertaker

Coach
So, the finals fixtures have been confirmed:

NEXT WEEK (September 13-15)

Friday 7:50pm:
Panthers vs Roosters @ Penrith
Saturday 4:05pm: Storm vs Sharks @ AAMI Park
Saturday 7:50pm: Cowboys vs Knights @ Townsville
Sunday 4:05pm: Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles @ Accor Stadium

WEEK 2 (September 20-21)

Friday night:
loser of Storm/Sharks vs. winner of Cowboys/Knights @ AAMI Park/Allianz Stadium
Saturday night: loser of Panthers/Roosters vs. winner of Bulldogs/Sea Eagles @ Accor Stadium/Allianz Stadium

WEEK 3 (September 27-28)

Friday night:
winner of Panthers/Roosters vs. winner of week 2 Friday night final @ Accor Stadium/Allianz Stadium
Saturday night: winner of Storm/Sharks vs. winner of week 2 Saturday night final @ AAMI Park/Allianz Stadium

Three observations regarding the weeks 1-3 schedule:

- Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles will undoubtedly get the largest finals crowd in week 1. Although it's in the ideal Sunday arvo timeslot, unfortunately showers are on the cards for next Sunday. If the weather holds up, 40-50k is the prediction.

- Week 2 Saturday night final also shapes up to get a big crowd, being a guaranteed all-Sydney clash.

Roosters vs Bulldogs/Sea Eagles at Allianz will easily get in the 35-41k range. From a "maximising the crowd" perspective, Panthers vs Bulldogs at Accor would get the largest crowd of the 4 possible combinations: 50k+ would be on the cards.

- Melbourne's week 2 or 3 home final won't clash with an AFL match.

Last edited:

Valheru

Coach
Three observations regarding the weeks 1-3 schedule:

- Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles will undoubtedly get the largest finals crowd in week 1. Although it's in the ideal Sunday arvo timeslot, unfortunately showers are on the cards for next Sunday. If the weather holds up, 40-50k is the prediction.

- Week 2 Saturday night final also shapes up to get a big crowd, being a guaranteed all-Sydney clash.

Roosters vs Bulldogs/Sea Eagles at Allianz will easily get in the 35-41k range. From a "maximising the crowd" perspective, Panthers vs Bulldogs at Accor would get the largest crowd of the 4 possible combinations: 50k+ would be on the cards.

- Melbourne's week 2 or 3 home final won't clash with an AFL match.
Melbourne's week 3 match would be the same day as the AFL GF. Not a direct clash but not ideal either.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Fox reporting that the switch wasn't to avoid the heat in Townsville but rather to avoid a clash with the AFL on the Saturday with GWS of all teams hosting...

Gutless by the NRL if true. Dogs would crush GWS.

Really? Do we believe that? Talk about creating a headline.

undertaker

Coach
The amount of times Manly shat the bed this year indicates to me they deserve nothing.
Yes I agree with you, but what about the Knights? They've done a Bradbury to make the finals, purely from the teams around them faltering near the finish line.

Since the top 8 finals format was first used in 1995, out of all the teams that have finished in the top 8 and therefore qualified for the finals at the end of the final round of the regular season, the Knights must hold the record for the most number of rounds a team that ended up qualifying for the finals has stayed outside of the top 8 during the season

There were only two out of twenty-six rounds throughout this season where the Knights were in the top 8 at the end of the round (Rounds 11 and 12).

Latest posts