What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 NRL GRAND FINAL: Penrith v Melbourne Oct 6th

T.S Quint

Coach
Cleary has continuously lost players and still found a way to get back every year and win. This loss of players makes it harder than previous eras...good on em.
I wish we could win 1...:(

I also wish that we could win one.
But then I would get greedy and want to win more, I would be obsessed and would not sleep after every loss. I would eventually succumb to the pain of losing after a while.

Probably best we don’t win one.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
No Crichton, Koroisau, Leniu and Kikau would be a huge equaliser. Penriths attack was ranked 6th this season.
That would depend on who they replaced them with. But yes, they've gone from better than +300 points differential between 2021 and 2023 to 'only' +186 this year. Probably why I was able to get a reasonable price for them to win the comp two weeks ago.
Pretty low for the eventual premiers. They won in a soft competition. Look at how many plodders that top ranked Melbourne side has.
I agree it was much more even this year. Not a single team hit +300 differential. Penrith were actually underdogs today, so good on them. But our 2022 side (just based on results) would've finished 5th this year. You're right that it was a soft competition, but there were still four teams better than the 2022 Eels.

hindy111

Post Whore
Penrith conceded 22 points in 3 finals against the other top 4 sides. Think about that for a second. Averaged 7 points a game.
To think Katao dropped ball it takes down to 5 points a game. And Grant doesn't score if they don't get the wrong stripping call when was a clear drop by the Storm.
They could of averaged 3.5 points a game bar two bunker balls ups.

Who needs good attack when you have that defense.

He was pretty poor in his first stint at Penrith. Made the finals once in four years.
Season 3 Trolling GIF by Paramount+

Latest posts