What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Origin II - Wed 26 Jun - NSW 38-18 QLD @ MCG

Series: NSW v QLD

• New South Wales

Votes: 19 57.6%
  • Queensland

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 3 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Reflector

Juniors
Reffing was so predictable tonight. NSW got all the 50/50's in the first half (but anybody blaming it on the 34-0 scoreline deserves to be laughed at and I hope NSW win Game 3 just so you can cope and seethe) then Qld got all the 50/50's second half to ease the blowout. Without that, could've been a 50+ point game to the Blues.

How the f**k does Klein keep getting the whistle for these games? Going into a game, I worry more about the influence this incompetent gimp could have on the result than I do about the actual game itself.

On another note I'm so glad that, after years of having just Mitchell Pearce to rely on at halfback, we have two legitimate contenders for the #7 jersey come Origin time. We have real halves options again. Feels like the 80's again with the Sterlo/ Turvey rivalry.

Reffing was so predictable tonight. NSW got all the 50/50's in the first half (but anybody blaming it on the 34-0 scoreline deserves to be laughed at and I hope NSW win Game 3 just so you can cope and seethe) then Qld got all the 50/50's second half to ease the blowout. Without that, could've been a 50+ point game to the Blues.

How the f**k does Klein keep getting the whistle for these games? Going into a game, I worry more about the influence this incompetent gimp could have on the result than I do about the actual game itself.

On another note I'm so glad that, after years of having just Mitchell Pearce to rely on at halfback, we have two legitimate contenders for the #7 jersey come Origin time. We have real halves options again. Feels like the 80's again with the Sterlo/ Turvey rivalry.
The officials were always going to give NSW enough advantage to win this game so we have a decider at Lang Park. It's what they do year in and year out. If NSW won game one then every 50/50 would have gone Queensland's way tonight because a dead rubber is bad for ratings.

Don't get me wrong. NSW were the better and more skilled team. They came out full of steam and wanted it more. It doesn't change the fact they pushed the boundary on what's legal and were allowed to do so. It was their intended game plan in game one, too. To their surprise, they were penialised for it in game one and it cost them the match. Then they sooked about it to ensure the officials turned a blind eye in game two.

On the weekend a Warriors player was given 10 in the bin for a less dangerous tackle than the one Liam Martin made.

DCE was hit off the ball. No penalty awarded.

Latrell Mitchell should have gone to the bin for the high shot he put on a Queensland player on a kick return.

The late shot on DCE after he kicked the ball was late and the chaser's shoulder made contact with the head. Should have been binned.

If Queensland go on to do these things in game 3 and get away with it then don't whinge. NSW and Klein have set the precedent.

The officials were always going to give NSW enough advantage to win this game so we have a decider at Lang Park. It's what they do year in and year out. If NSW won game one then every 50/50 would have gone Queensland's way tonight because a dead rubber is bad for ratings.

Don't get me wrong. NSW were the better and more skilled team. They came out full of steam and wanted it more. It doesn't change the fact they pushed the boundary on what's legal and were allowed to do so. It was their intended game plan in game one, too. To their surprise, they were penialised for it in game one and it cost them the match. Then they sooked about it to ensure the officials turned a blind eye in game two.

On the weekend a Warriors player was given 10 in the bin for a less dangerous tackle than the one Liam Martin made.

Latrell Mitchell should have gone to the bin for the high shot he put on a Queensland player on a kick return.

The late shot on DCE after he kicked the ball was late and the chaser's shoulder made contact with the head. Should have been binned.

If Queensland go on to do these things in game 3 and get away with it then don't whinge. NSW and Klein have set the precedent.
I actually agree with this entirely, when it boils down to it , it’s an exhibition game played to showcase rugba leeg

Many many penalties missed and or semi dismissed

Mr. Shaman

First Grade
It’s time bby

will ferrell lube GIF

Slammin_Saint89

Juniors

Only one I agree with is Latrell. Sin bin any day of the week.

Martin's tackle didn't have Cotter landing in a bad position at all. Just because a horrendous call was made on the weekend, doesn't mean it has to be repeated.

Probably a penalty for DCE. Nothing too much in it to warrant more.

The 6 again rule was really shown up in the first half. Almost impossible to wrestle momentum back. Needs to be changed.

Klein definitely got the "no blowout" memo at half time though. That was a disgrace.

Don't worry, Qld will still get their Lang park win in three weeks.