What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Injuries and Suspensions

callmack1

Staff member

F**k me. Another player gone. Onya Richie for f**k sake. One of the dumbest players to ever wear our colours.

It's because of priors that he gets three weeks.

That has to be the end of his Souths career.

speedster

Juniors
I think Hornby may consider moving Myers to centre, his main possie, and bring Munro onto that left wing. Obviously Hawkins will play in the 7.

Yep.
And I see no point in playing him now, against the Rooster and Penrith when we are on a hiding to nothing.

I reckon if munro can't play 12 rds straight and gets injured then we have a problem i understand aj is injured but at least he backs up regularly something I want to see if munro is able to do.wishing munro well I hope he can stay on the park unlike trellmyth whom cant play a dozen games straight in 3yrs!!!

speedster

Juniors
Plenty of young kids have gone through multiple injuries early on in their career and worked hard to get stronger and gone on to have great careers. Benji Marshall was considered a certainty to have to retire early because of his slight build and recurring shoulder injuries but he worked hard and ended up playing well over 300 games.

JAC was a skinny kid once upon a time too but bulked himself up and I'm sure he is in Ty Ty's ear about the same thing considering they are cousins that live together.

Young Thomas Fletcher is a strapping young lad but has been injury prone to start his career. Doesn't mean he will be injury prone forever and we shouldn't be writing off young players too soon. Seems to be a bad disease among some fans to do that.

speedster

Juniors
Yep.
And I see no point in playing him now, against the Rooster and Penrith when we are on a hiding to nothing.
If he's fit, he's fit. Can be just as physical in reggies playing against open aged men. He needs to get his timing right but we're also running out of troops so do we have the luxury of not playing him? To my mind, he has missed far too much football and needs to get a few games of competitive football under his belt before the season ends otherwise he's missed the entire NRL season virtually which is not great for his development.

I think he needs to play more than he doesn't just so he keeps that taste of first grade in his mind moving into next season.

speedster

Juniors
Do you think he done the same shoulder cause he was brought back too early because of jd desperation I think so
It was the collar bone not the shoulder and yes, likely he came back too early but it's always a risk even when given the all-clear after ticking all the boxes. JD still had to rely on the doctors and physios to get the all-clear but maybe could have eased him back through Cup to get his timing back where it is less intense but he could have reinjured in Cup too.

Steenson123

Juniors
If he's fit, he's fit. Can be just as physical in reggies playing against open aged men. He needs to get his timing right but we're also running out of troops so do we have the luxury of not playing him? To my mind, he has missed far too much football and needs to get a few games of competitive football under his belt before the season ends otherwise he's missed the entire NRL season virtually which is not great for his development.

I think he needs to play more than he doesn't just so he keeps that taste of first grade in his mind moving into next season.
You are correct. Keeping these young guys absent for excessive periods is very counterproductive. 5 months is far too long for a fractured clavicle. The man to really worry over is Campbell Graham, one of the very best we have. He will not have played for some 18 months when he reappears and that is a major concern. His prolonged absence has really hit the squad hard he does so much and contributes at every level.

Steenson123

Juniors
Munro needs to spend 6 months straight morning noon and night at McDonald's to bulk up he is too wirey and susceptible to injury I believe he did the same shoulder in twice I reckon he is injury prone and can't take a big hit.
Eating McDonalds and the other grabage is probably, along with fizzy soft drinks, the root cause of Munroe's physical woes. That stuff makes the body weak and reduces recovery rates. Can you read? He needs a knowledgeable nutritionist who has prior experience with such chronic weaknesses. Unless Munroe take remedial action, his woes will likely end his NRL career prematurely.