What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Injuries and Suspensions

callmack1

Staff member

Apologies if any of these articles have already been posted, I was busy yesterday and am only just catching up on all the Latrell news now.

What an absolute f**king circus this has become. A real joke. Look, I admit the club stuffed up when Hornby told us Trell won't play again. All this could have been partially avoided if he didn't say that. They also stuffed up by not naming him in the 22-man squad for this week. That would have forced the NRL's hand as we'd either play him, or force the NRL to suspend him. I really wish we were smarter with those two issues.

But what the NRL has been doing is a joke and a mockery, not us. I absolutely hate this agenda driven BS that's been on NRL 360 this week. Saying we're not taking accountability in just copping the suspension next year and teaching Latrell a lesson. That's missing the point.

The point is, the NRL is being extremely inconsistent with this and it's different rules for us. Justin Olam, this Season, was allowed to serve his ban while injured. So why is it different for us and Trell? That is the issue. That is why we're fighting this so hard.

Never before has the NRL gone against the advice of doctors. Three of them in fact. Never before have the NRL decided on the fitness of a player. Never before has a club been forced to have an independent trainer come in to determine a player's fitness.

The NRL want him to serve it next year so badly, that's clear. Because it's us, and because it's the NRL, they'll apply different rules. What an absolute f**king farce! My blood is boiling!

speedster

Juniors
Latrell Mitchell's Instagram story stating he's ready to play

speedster

Juniors
The rules are set and should not be changed mid-season on the run by the CEO who is acting like he's a King or Emperor.

There is no actual rule about players needing to be fit and available to serve a suspension. Not yet anyway. There is no rule that says a fit and available player has to have sufficient training loads to be selected to play. Not yet anyway. These are just brain farts from Andrew Abdo that are being concocted based on how he feels about Latrell Mitchell's situation and about Blake Solly and Souths.

The usual way to make rule changes to the game in recent times has been for the game to bring together some leading stakeholders during the off-season to discuss which proposed changes should be accepted and which shouldn't be, have it voted on formally and when accepted, declared to all the clubs via memos so they can filter it down to the coaches and players to get their heads around it in preparation for the new season.

You want to bring in a rule that says injured players can't serve suspensions until passed fit and have their training loads up to a certain level? Bring it to the key stake holders in the off season pow wow and see if they give it the green light and go from there.

But enough of the brain fart policy on the run rubbish. It's wrong on so many levels!

callmack1

Staff member
Now I know why he is the way he is with

Apologies if any of these articles have already been posted, I was busy yesterday and am only just catching up on all the Latrell news now.

What an absolute f**king circus this has become. A real joke. Look, I admit the club stuffed up when Hornby told us Trell won't play again. All this could have been partially avoided if he didn't say that. They also stuffed up by not naming him in the 22-man squad for this week. That would have forced the NRL's hand as we'd either play him, or force the NRL to suspend him. I really wish we were smarter with those two issues.

But what the NRL has been doing is a joke and a mockery, not us. I absolutely hate this agenda driven BS that's been on NRL 360 this week. Saying we're not taking accountability in just copping the suspension next year and teaching Latrell a lesson. That's missing the point.

The point is, the NRL is being extremely inconsistent with this and it's different rules for us. Justin Olam, this Season, was allowed to serve his ban while injured. So why is it different for us and Trell? That is the issue. That is why we're fighting this so hard.

Never before has the NRL gone against the advice of doctors. Three of them in fact. Never before have the NRL decided on the fitness of a player. Never before has a club been forced to have an independent trainer come in to determine a player's fitness.

The NRL want him to serve it next year so badly, that's clear. Because it's us, and because it's the NRL, they'll apply different rules. What an absolute f**king farce! My blood is boiling!

Bring back the NRL