What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 12 - Vs Eels

callmack1

Staff member
A new week brings with it a new game and a new challenge. As we move onto Round 12, we look forward to taking on the Eels in what is going to be a very, very special Saturday night. It's Indigenous Round. One of the most special and important Rounds of the Season as we celebrate the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander culture. As I've said, an incredibly special week and this year in particular is going to be amazing. I know the club will have some great celebrations planned, we always do a great job of it so very much looking forward to that. The jersey looks incredible, one of our best Indigenous jerseys ever and I'm sure the boys will wear it with pride. Always an important Round for our club as we have so many proud Indigenous men ourselves. Can't wait to see them go out there and hopefully wear it with pride.

The Eels are in terrible form themselves but as we know, even the shit teams are now a challenge.

Hoping for the best, I hope the special Round fires the boys up, but I am expecting the worst.

Anyways, it's going to be a special week, so I'll soak it all in.

Somehow, I still can't wait for Saturday.

Hellray

Juniors
Hopefully Bennett has already signed on that red and green dotted line already so the eels can’t steal him under our noses

callmack1

Staff member

Wow, sounds like it's going to be one hell of a cool night!! I hope we put in a performance to do it justice.

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
50-50 we get dudded by Bennett.
The guy has been holding out for a better offer, or leverage to get more $$$
Unless we are being cheapskates, which I doubt but wouldn't surprise me, we are either gonna get squeezed or dudded.

speedster

Juniors
With Host back, I'd like to see Arrow to prop and Duncan to start at lock. Duncan played 50-odd minutes against the Cows and the team looked instantly better when he came on and played that ball playing lock role well.

Really hope Tom is able to fire up for this game. He's been good every odd week and quiet every other week. Parra have big boppers who look to break through the front door and will be eyeing our front door as the leakiest in the league this year. If we can aim up better through the middle, we can take them out and get our second win of the season. Also need to limit their offloads, especially Hopgood.

Need to start well and take a lead into halftime. Eels fold like cheap tents in the 2nd half.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesday!!!!

And boy, isn't it an interesting one for Indigenous Round?? A few very interesting changes.

The biggest one is clearly Cody to 7, Jackie to 5/8. I don't mind this, it's been a suggestion of many for a while just to try something different and clearly what we had before wasn't working. I kind of like that Hornby is pulling the trigger and making changes. A bit of a shame we lose the threat of Wighton out wide, but who knows? This might be more effective.

Milne and Chee Kam in the centers. I'm okay enough with Chee being there as he's done a job in the recent games, he played there but Milne back in the centers? Hmm I'm not sure. It's wing, forwards, or bust for him in my opinion. I don't think Izaac was that bad last week to be dropped. Surely, we could have put Shibasaki back in somewhere.

Hosty back is an interesting one. I thought that'd mean Jai pushes to the middle, with Tallis starting at lock. But no, he moves Keaon to lock instead and Tallis stays on the bench?? Whaaat?? That's really strange. Once again Tallis is hard done by.

I'm happy enough with the other guys on the bench. Liva will clearly be used as a prop.

Plenty of changes, I'm not fully sold they're the right ones, but we'll see!

callmack1

Staff member

Man, we are so friggin lucky to have Cody representing our club. He speaks so well, especially on weeks like this. I hope to see him play with some real passion on Saturday and channel that Indigenous Warrior spirit.

themacemaceman

Juniors

Team list Tuesday!!!!

And boy, isn't it an interesting one for Indigenous Round?? A few very interesting changes.

The biggest one is clearly Cody to 7, Jackie to 5/8. I don't mind this, it's been a suggestion of many for a while just to try something different and clearly what we had before wasn't working. I kind of like that Hornby is pulling the trigger and making changes. A bit of a shame we lose the threat of Wighton out wide, but who knows? This might be more effective.

Milne and Chee Kam in the centers. I'm okay enough with Chee being there as he's done a job in the recent games, he played there but Milne back in the centers? Hmm I'm not sure. It's wing, forwards, or bust for him in my opinion. I don't think Izaac was that bad last week to be dropped. Surely, we could have put Shibasaki back in somewhere.

Hosty back is an interesting one. I thought that'd mean Jai pushes to the middle, with Tallis starting at lock. But no, he moves Keaon to lock instead and Tallis stays on the bench?? Whaaat?? That's really strange. Once again Tallis is hard done by.

I'm happy enough with the other guys on the bench. Liva will clearly be used as a prop.

Keon to lock is interesting. His work rate concerns me.
I guess he will push up into the second row when Duncan comes on.
Will be interesting to see what the plan is with Cookie this week as both him and Pete spent some time on the park at the same time
Last week.

speedster

Juniors
Keaon to lock suggests to me that he will no longer play 80 which might be a good thing given how gassed he looks this season. Duncan should still get good game time and Keaon will come back on in the front row rotation along with Havili and Tom.

Maybe Jai is being managed out wide due to his shoulder and pushing him into the middle might be too much for him?

Milne at centre has been a defensive liability in the past but he is strong and is up against a power runner in Penisini rather than a speedster so perhaps its an okay matchup? Cheeks and Gags however will be up against a pair of wingers so they could get burnt for speed if we give them too much room, especially as their whizkid Talagi likes spearing through their left side at speed.

Been moaning for Wighton to join Cody in the halves given how poorly we had been going and failing to put Jack in space out wide as a result. Our spine is now elite but even the best spines need their forwards to go forward so we have Keppachino and Moale setting the platform again. Okaaaay. Can we force feed them red bulls before kick-off?

speedster

Juniors
Keon to lock is interesting. His work rate concerns me.
I guess he will push up into the second row when Duncan comes on.
Will be interesting to see what the plan is with Cookie this week as both him and Pete spent some time on the park at the same time
Last week.
Unless there's a major reshuffle midgame, then I can't see Cooky spending time in the halves again now that Jack and Cody have the reins. Could be less minutes this week for Damien in that case.

Bobby Moses

Juniors

Team list Tuesday!!!!

The slowest centre pairing in the world. I also thought Isaac was pretty good and would have definitely left Milne out. The two hookers has me perplexed,,,,,,Pete is solid but doesn’t really bring any speed or impact off the bench,,,,I guess we shall see.

callmack1

Staff member

Indigenous Round has always been 'our Round.' We're arguably the biggest Indigenous club and we always do such a great job of celebrating it. Further to that, we never lost an Indigenous Round game ever up until last year. That one hurt, losing on such a special day, so I'd love to avenge that this week and make it 'our Round' again.

So glad to see Merro up about and smiling this made my day actually!

Will be good to see him out there as well walking around and in the Guard of honour when the boys run on!

A true soft hearted guy is merro the last time I saw merro was at a team breakfast at the Cafe on charmers st redfern in 2014. and that was the day when reyno said to me he will be going north in the future and it happened his tattooist is at broadbeach on the gold coast.happy days.

Latest posts