What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Draw

Thumper

Juniors
Just after having three years of appalling draws with very little to no Sunday football, we get this crap served up once again with a shocking 2024 draw and no Sunday football again.

The Club's line is always the fallback of it's the TV networks who decide the match scheduling and while that is probably the case, I wonder why Souths refuse to argue a strong case when they see sides like Newcastle, Tigers, Saints and of course Cronulla get a plethora of Sunday football.

In return we cop a ton of wretched Thursday & Friday night games.

They must think we're a bunch of frigging owls!
They get Sunday football because no one gives a shit about those teams.
Thursday and Friday night is prime time.
why would they want to argue against playing in the best time slots for eyes on the tv.

Thadius

Juniors
Newcastle have a massive supporter base and have proven that even when they were spooners. Saints like Souths also have a national following. So people obviously give a shit about those sides.

I couldn't give a rats about prime time TV and their poxy night football. What I do care about is getting a fair shake with some Sunday football as I find the game far more palatable as a spectator on a Sunday afternoon.

Thumper

Juniors
Newcastle have a massive supporter base and have proven that even when they were spooners. Saints like Souths also have a national following. So people obviously give a shit about those sides.

I couldn't give a rats about prime time TV and their poxy night football. What I do care about is getting a fair shake with some Sunday football as I find the game far more palatable as a spectator on a Sunday afternoon.
It’s tv rating not supporter followings. No one is going to watch tigers play Newcastle on a Friday night.
complain all you want. It won’t change because your bedtime is 8pm.

Thadius

Juniors
Pig ignorant comment.

And fans of the NRL will watch Newcastle on a Friday night, no question, they are a rapidly improving side.

Thadius

Juniors
No fact at all.

Round 26 Dolphs v Cows, hardly inspiring viewing!

It should be a draw of some fairness with regards to Sunday and Souths got bent over again.

It is a dreadful draw.

Thumper

Juniors
No fact at all.

Round 26 Dolphs v Cows, hardly inspiring viewing!

It should be a draw of some fairness with regards to Sunday and Souths got bent over again.

It is a dreadful draw.
Qld derby.
might be a dreadful draw for south’s. but It has nothing to do what day they are playing.

Thadius

Juniors
Two sides outside the Top 8 and they get so called top billing. Hardly a Qld derby also.

It is a dreadful draw for Souths and a most unfair one with a distinct lack of Sunday football especially where other NRL clubs are awarded Sunday football.

Thumper

Juniors
Two sides outside the Top 8 and they get so called top billing. Hardly a Qld derby also.

It is a dreadful draw for Souths and a most unfair one with a distinct lack of Sunday football especially where other NRL clubs are awarded Sunday football.

It’s like talking to a brick wall.
Sunday football doesn’t rate on tv. Go complain about something else.

Thadius

Juniors
The brick wall is yourself.

I have a preference and responded to the title of the thread. I shall complain or comment when I please.

Sunday afternoon football rates everywhere, it is a much better spectacle than night football.

Thumper

Juniors
The brick wall is yourself.

I have a preference and responded to the title of the thread. I shall complain or comment when I please.

Sunday afternoon football rates everywhere, it is a much better spectacle than night football.
I guess the nrl and channel 9 disagree with you.

Thadius

Juniors
So does Fox probably, but my fellow rugby league supporting friends agree with me, as it's a much better product to watch in daytime and a pleasure to attend on a non working day.

I also would like a return to the classic Sunday 3pm Grand Final, but won't hold my breath on that one either.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Our members and fans whine we don’t get day games on a Sunday then when we do our crowd is poor they don’t turn up!

Thadius

Juniors
The suggestion we don't get crowds on Sunday is a bucket load of crap.

When we were a smart club and put our annual Gosford home game on a Sunday afternoon, we packed the joint out.

I know this because I frequented all of them and hell, we even packed it out when we played Storm there!

Then they put the Gosford game on a Saturday night and the crowds dwindled quite noticeably.

Yep, Sunday avo footy is the best.