What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 12 - Vs Eels

Rabbits20

Immortal
NRL PHYSIO
@nrlphysio

Follow

First Klemmer & now Ofahengaue not going to the bin when Holmes & Latrell did, in the same games, is quite something.

Incorrect decisions are always going to be made but in an relatively unclear area of the game for fans (hip drops) it’s particularly tough to follow.
9:06 PM · May 25, 2024
·
Views

Brilliantly put by NRL physio the truth telling is refreshing!

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member
I've had some pretty shit stuff going on over the weekend so that win was very welcome relief. After a long time between drinks, it felt so good to finally experience a victory and just remember what that feeling is like. I felt like I couldn't fully enjoy it the way I normally would, but it's still a good feeling.

Great to do it in such a special Round for our club too. It's a proud week and the boys certainly lifted for it. They put in a proud performance and as a result, we should all be proud.

Our attack really clicked, which is crazy when you think about it. No Cody, numerous position changes going into the game, and even more changes on the fly, but it well and truly worked. Scintillating attack at times, some of the tries we scored were beautiful, the kind of execution we haven't seen before. A few were gritty tries as well, straight through the front door. I've got to give our forwards a wrap, they laid the platform for that win. Look what happens when they actually lift and win a forward battle! It was amazing.

Keaon was the deserved man of the match, that's the best I've seen him play since Origin 3 last year. Incredible really, he was massive. Jack did great at 5/8 before he was concussed, Kep played his best game for us, I thought Cooky was very good despite all the changes, and Trell probably had his best game of the year too in his Round. Hats off to him.

Our defence still leaves a bit to be desired. After we got out to 22-0, there's no way we should have let them claw it back to the point where they were still in the game for much of the second half. That was a little disappointing, but a win's a win, I guess.

I was mostly just impressed with the attitude. It was spot on. We haven't seen that kind of attitude and that kind of application from all the boys in a long time. But if we do that going forward, there's no doubt we win more games and probably don't cop the spoon.

Thank God for that!!

assess5

Juniors
Souths are unable to clear any opposition from inside their quarter is when the opposition scores. The team needs to work very hard on error free defense on their line.
To many 'six again' and silly penalties have cost Souths many try's against them

Steenson123

Juniors
What we can draw out of this V is that the hand of a Legend has already impacted on field performances.
Yes, it was contra another poor side however its been nigh on on YEAR since Cook, Keon or Arrow showed up. All scored and all showed up. Eyes dilated looking energetic and hungry. Also the first time in probably over a year the side has scored 40 or more.
I'm certain Burt has already began to communicate with the players wanting to see effort from them. With many troops to soon return I expect more Vs before this season is out and much of that will be down to the long hand of Burt.

Rabbit57

Juniors
What we can draw out of this V is that the hand of a Legend has already impacted on field performances.
Yes, it was contra another poor side however its been nigh on on YEAR since Cook, Keon or Arrow showed up. All scored and all showed up. Eyes dilated looking energetic and hungry. Also the first time in probably over a year the side has scored 40 or more.
I'm certain Burt has already began to communicate with the players wanting to see effort from them. With many troops to soon return I expect more Vs before this season is out and much of that will be down to the long hand of Burt.
I see in a lot of your post you refer to Wayne Bennett as Burt. I might be living under a rock but I’d never head him called that. I’ve heard Benny and Clint Eastwood. Can you tell me where the Burt tag comes from? Just interested.

Steenson123

Juniors
I see in a lot of your post you refer to Wayne Bennett as Burt. I might be living under a rock but I’d never head him called that. I’ve heard Benny and Clint Eastwood. Can you tell me where the Burt tag comes from? Just interested.

Certainly.
"Wayne" looks remarkably similar to my late GrandePere, also called Burt or short for his real name, Albert Giltinan. GrandePere was a real true die hard Rabitoh fan and he convinced me to follow them at a very young age. My brother and father all supported Balmain as we grew up in our shop in Annandale, Tiger Country.
You may note the surname Giltinan. GrandePere was related to the man who is behind the JJ Giltinan Shield. I believe it was his great Uncle. Hence we have some heritage to NRL foundations, just as Bennett has a very long lineage to the sport. Our family all refer to Bennett as Burt, hope that answers your pregunta satisfactorily.

Rabbit57

Juniors
Certainly.
"Wayne" looks remarkably similar to my late GrandePere, also called Burt or short for his real name, Albert Giltinan. GrandePere was a real true die hard Rabitoh fan and he convinced me to follow them at a very young age. My brother and father all supported Balmain as we grew up in our shop in Annandale, Tiger Country.
You may note the surname Giltinan. GrandePere was related to the man who is behind the JJ Giltinan Shield. I believe it was his great Uncle. Hence we have some heritage to NRL foundations, just as Bennett has a very long lineage to the sport. Our family all refer to Bennett as Burt, hope that answers your pregunta satisfactorily.
An excellent answer and explains why I hadn’t heard Bennett called Burt before.