What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 18 - Vs Eels

callmack1

Staff member
Moving into another week and this time, we move into Round 18. Hope the boys had a good, well deserved and much needed bye week, and are ready to go for this one. I know I certainly am!!

We take on the Eels this week and CommBank in a bit of an intriguing game. Parra are still a weird one for me. They're on the bottom of the ladder, and not playing the best Footy to be honest, but I still see them as a dangerous side. You look at their team on paper, and it's so much better than their ladder position suggests, it's kind of crazy. So, I'd still say we need to be wary this week. They'll be back at home and my God, they'll be desperate.

For us, we gotta win this one and keep that roll going, keep the momentum going. It's one we are capable of winning and it's the type of game we now should be winning. I really hope our lads are as switched on for this one as they have been in recent games. Will be good to have Cam and Trell back, and this is reportedly Jai's last game of the Season too, so I hope we want it really bad for him.

Goi get it lads, can't wait for Thursday!!

speedster

Juniors
Will need Trell to do the big booming kicks to counter Moses' kicking game, along with Wighton. That has been a real game changer for us in recent weeks. Playing it down the other end and not getting anywhere near as gassed. If we can get the jump on them early with good field position and put some scoreboard pressure on them, they tend to drop off. They really tried their rings off against Newcastle and still missed out. They may suffer a let down following that effort.

Big question for us is who wears the 13? I'd like to see Keaon wear the 8 with Keppie to the bench.

callmack1

Staff member

Good shots from training today! No clues as to what the side will be or if we'll see anything different from the coloured shirts as they seem to be a bit muddled.

Steenson123

Juniors
Moving into another week and this time, we move into Round 18. Hope the boys had a good, well deserved and much needed bye week, and are ready to go for this one. I know I certainly am!!

We take on the Eels this week and CommBank in a bit of an intriguing game. Parra are still a weird one for me. They're on the bottom of the ladder, and not playing the best Footy to be honest, but I still see them as a dangerous side. You look at their team on paper, and it's so much better than their ladder position suggests, it's kind of crazy. So, I'd still say we need to be wary this week. They'll be back at home and my God, they'll be desperate.

For us, we gotta win this one and keep that roll going, keep the momentum going. It's one we are capable of winning and it's the type of game we now should be winning. I really hope our lads are as switched on for this one as they have been in recent games. Will be good to have Cam and Trell back, and this is reportedly Jai's last game of the Season too, so I hope we want it really bad for him.

Goi get it lads, can't wait for Thursday!!
Parramatta are leaderless, both on and off the field. Barrett is unlikely to ever be a successful Head Coach - he already has had three attempts and each time he has failed - and club management is clueless. Barrett seems to have little to no charisma or leadership ability. The fact that they missed on Burt has really hit them hard. The players themselves have demanded a decision be made but instead managment have nerely procrastinated and delayed.
Conversely, we now have genuine leadership and an incoming Legend Coach. These inverse factors have made all the difference in the form between both clubs.

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesday babyyyyy!!!

Good to have it back after a week off! And it's a very settled line up for Round 18 against Parra which is nice. We haven't been able to say that much this Season. Obviously Trell and Cam are back from Origin duty which will be massive for us. The only thing that has really changed from the current full-strength line up, or the line up against the Broncos weeks ago is Cam into the right edge and Cheeks moving to the bench.

I like that. I really hope the reports aren't true that Keaon is going to move back to an edge. Cam is one of the best 13's in the comp of course, but Keaon has been a revelation there lately, and a big reason for our rise. If it ain't broke, don't fix it, and I like the balance of the side if Cam played edge and provided his strike out there, whilst still allowing Keaon to do what he's been doing in the middle.

While I'm not against Keaon going back to the edge (as long as he plays with the same effort and intensity), I would prefer them to run out as named. Interesting situation.

Otherwise, the side remains as expected. Tough for Gray to miss out, but it is what it is right now.

Good side, capable of beating Parra if we play as we have been.

Bring on Thursday night!!

callmack1

Staff member

speedster

Juniors
Would love to see Thomas Fletcher get a run ahead of Chee Kam. Just to blood him and to see how he handles the step up. He looks a gun.

Good of Cam to agree to move to an edge to accommodate Keaon at lock. I'm sure he'll shift to lock if Keaon gets a rest allowing a backrower to come on in his place. I wonder if they'll shift Arrow to the right edge and allow Cam to play left considering it's Jai's last game.

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Would love to see Thomas Fletcher get a run ahead of Chee Kam. Just to blood him and to see how he handles the step up. He looks a gun.

Good of Cam to agree to move to an edge to accommodate Keaon at lock. I'm sure he'll shift to lock if Keaon gets a rest allowing a backrower to come on in his place. I wonder if they'll shift Arrow to the right edge and allow Cam to play left considering it's Jai's last game.
Thomas Fletcher will play for Australia one day but watched him play in Flegg, still a baby but can tell a class above and also coming back from injury. At the flegg level he was sort of cruising and not getting involved enough maybe some sort of attitude however,

His been named in reserve grade i would like for him to play against men abit gain some confidence back after injury and look to debut him and give him a 2-3 games by the end of the year and set him up for next year.

no need to rush him.

speedster

Juniors
Y
Thomas Fletcher will play for Australia one day but watched him play in Flegg, still a baby but can tell a class above and also coming back from injury. At the flegg level he was sort of cruising and not getting involved enough maybe some sort of attitude however,

His been named in reserve grade i would like for him to play against men abit gain some confidence back after injury and look to debut him and give him a 2-3 games by the end of the year and set him up for next year.

no need to rush him.
Yep, needs to play 80 or close to it in reggies but could also learn a lot from having the odd 20 minute cameo off the bench in 1sts here and there to help him find out what he really needs to work on to get to his peak.

Looks a beauty.

Hellray

Juniors

no need to rush him.
What was his injury?

callmack1

Staff member

callmack1

Staff member

Some great footage of the captain's run there. Loving looking at this sort of stuff. The boys look happy, relaxed, but also ready and raring to go for tomorrow. I'm so keen!!

So benny all but confirms Keaon will remain in the middle and Cam will play edge tomorrow night. It's mainly to burden Cam's load during Origin and provides the 'least disruption,' in Benny's words. I'm happy with that though, glad to see they've stuck with that combination.

Tomorrow night we get the chance to step up again and boy, I can't wait!!

callmack1

Staff member
Ahhhhhh…. Have just woken up on a glorious Thursday morning pumped up and ready to go for some Thursday night Footy! Get up, get moving and get your colours on ladies and gentlemen because it’s game day!!! That’s right, we take on the Eels tonight out west at their shiny home ground. There’s a lot on the line and still a lot to prove for both clubs so it could well be a cracker.

I know Parra are running last but waking up and having my first thoughts about the game today, this still feels like a big game. It doesn’t feel like a game we should win based on current form. It feels like we’re going up against a quality side full of strike who are going to be fired up and ready to take it to us. And you know what? I think that’s exactly what this is going to be. As I said, yea, the Eels are coming 17th but honestly, that means nothing tonight. They won’t be thinking about that, and we shouldn’t be either.

A big reason why the Eels currently are where they are, is because they’ve been without Moses and Gutherson for so long. That is not the case in this one. Both are back, and Moses in particular is in good form. He’s just come off the back of a man-of-the-match in Game 2 of Origin, and he’s not backing up in this one, he’ll be fresh and prepped properly. That’s a bit scary if I’m honest. I’m expecting a big game from him tonight against us, and that in itself is enough to make the Eels a different prospect. Ditto Gutherson.

Look, they are way to good of a team to be sitting where they are. They have one of the most dangerous halves pairings in the comp, and still boast one hell of a pack that can get on top of anyone on their day. If they turn up with the right attitude, anything can happen for them.

For us, this is another big mental game, and it will tell us a lot about where we’re really at. If we’re poor and come out with a complacent attitude, we’ll know we’ve been focusing too much on their ladder position, and that is a sign that our team is still mentally weak. But turn up and put in the type of commitment, attitude, intent, application, focus an effort that we have been, and then I really think we could start to get excited. That’s what we must do tonight, just carry on as we have been. That’s not an easy thing to do.

I’m excited for Trell and Cam back, that’s huge for us. I hope all our big stars can put on a show.

Big game out there at CommBank tonight against one of our bigger Sydney rivals! Time to stand up and keep this roll going.

Let’s goooooo lads!!!!

Glory, Glory.

speedster

Juniors

Stat Attack​

• The Eels have not defeated the Rabbitohs at CommBank Stadium since 2019.
  • The Rabbitohs have won seven of their past eight games against the Eels.
  • Eels winger Blaize Talagi has scored at least one try in his last six NRL games.
  • Rabbitohs winger Alex Johnston has scored 18 tries in 14 games against the Eels.

Steenson123

Juniors

Stat Attack​

• The Eels have not defeated the Rabbitohs at CommBank Stadium since 2019.
  • The Rabbitohs have won seven of their past eight games against the Eels.
  • Eels winger Blaize Talagi has scored at least one try in his last six NRL games.
  • Rabbitohs winger Alex Johnston has scored 18 tries in 14 games against the Eels.
Alex Johnston needs to get scoring again. He seems to be stagnating.
He needs to target the 200 mark and achieve that by season's end. Walker, Mitchell, Cook Murray and Jack all need to be cognizant of the urgency. Alex is not getting enough opportunities at present.
Reaching 200 is an enormous achievement and leaves only a short traguardo remaining to surpass K. Irvine.
Doing this will put both Johnston and the club in History books for decades to come.
Come on Man, get after it pronto!!

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well closing in on kick off now my fellow Bunnies faithful. Our run home of our last 10 games starts today Thursday Night Footy out at Parramatta. To have any chance of pushing for an unlikely finals berth this is a game we have to win tonight as we look to make it 5 in a row. We have been playing well the last month 4 wins on the trot it’s been quite the turn around but now coming off the bye we need to continue it. We need to come out fresh and firing. We have a fierce rivalry with Parramatta and it’s 2 very big and strong member bases. We have had the wood on them of late but Parra will be hungry to turn that around back on their home turf.

Looking at Parra they’ve been well down on form. We beat them 42-26 I think it was about 5 weeks ago mind you they were without Gutho and Moses etc. we had our fair share of players out as well and Cody didn’t play. But I expect a different Parra this week. Moses blasted them after last weeks game tore strips off his teammates so I’m expecting them to respond. If we come out just expecting things will happen they’ll pull our pants down quicksmart. Their ladder position doesn’t reflect the talent they have in that side. They’ll be looking to win the middle with RCG, Paulo, Lane they have Matto and Carty on the edges and they have some strong forwards on the bench. No doubt they’ll be looking to offload and get second phase play going. Gutho, Dylbags, Moses are the 3 danger men and they can turn it on. They have some strike in the centres too young Penisini is a good player in attack. They’ll be desperate tonight these Parra lads. So for us we field quite the settled line up. I like keeping Keaon at lock and Murray on the edge this week I think that should work well. For us it’ll be about starting off strong in the middle, completing our sets and Trell and Jack kicking long and deep to the corners. Our discipline needs to be on point as well and in defence we need to keep building on what we’ve been doing. It’ll be big tests for Richie, Taane, AJ and Gagai on the edges I expect Parra will test us a lot out wide. Hopefully if we do the little things right it’ll come together and if we get enough good field position we know we can turn the points on. Cmon boys we need to want this we need to run harder and tackle harder dig deep pads we can do it!

I look forward to hearing the Burrow make plenty of noise as well!

OK ALL RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS ON YA FEET AT 7:49PM FIRE UP AS ONE SHOULDER TO SHOULDER WE STAND LETS GO RABBITOHS GLORY GLORY!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

BBBBOOOOOOO GET OUT OF THEIR GUTHO STOP SLOWING IT DOWN GET ON WITH THE GAME!!!

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOO GET EM ONSIDE LIAM

BBBBBOOOOOOO HIGH TACKLE SIR BBBBOOOOOOOOOO

BBBBBBBOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN LIAM WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH SIDES MATE

BBBOOOOOOOO TACKLED OFF THE BALL HAVE A LOOK

BBBBBBBBBBOOOOOO FORWARD PASS TOUCHIE DO YOUR JOB!

BBBBBOOOOOO SECOND EFFORT FLOP PULL YOUR WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE LIAM!!!

Hellray

Juniors
Alex Johnston needs to get scoring again. He seems to be stagnating.
He needs to target the 200 mark and achieve that by season's end. Walker, Mitchell, Cook Murray and Jack all need to be cognizant of the urgency. Alex is not getting enough opportunities at present.
Reaching 200 is an enormous achievement and leaves only a short traguardo remaining to surpass K. Irvine.
Doing this will put both Johnston and the club in History books for decades to come.
Come on Man, get after it pronto!!
I think a lot of this is because Cody has move to the other side.
Wighton has struggled to get Johnston a lot of clean ball. Maybe with Mitchell back he can put a few passes on the chest for him

speedster

Juniors
Why the ferk wouldn't the ref go upstairs for the no try for Cody? And why wouldn't they challenge it? Looked like it went back and then was a try!