What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 19 - Vs Dolphins

callmack1

Staff member
Moving into another week and looking forward to the next Round, Round 19. This week, we take on the Dolphins in just the second game ever between us on Thursday night. We also have a first in our history, our first-ever game at Kayo Stadium. That’s pretty exciting.

It’s gonna be a pretty big week with this being the first time since probably the Broncos game, that we are going up against a genuinely tough side. The Dolphins are a top eight side this year. They’re a quality side and have been punching well above their weight in 2024. You could argue that they are slightly on the slide currently, but that doesn’t mean anything come Thursday. They won’t be as Origin effected as us either. Coached by our old mate, and future coach again in Uncle Wayne, you know they’re not going to give us much, we’ll have to make our own opportunities. Make no mistake, this is going to be a big step up from our recent games.

I really hope we can keep the roll going and if the boys prep like they have been and go into this game the way they have been, we’ll be in with a real chance. It’s going to be tough without Trell and Cam, but I’m excited to see Gray come back in, and we might see Le Blanc back for Cam. It’s next man up. With Trell’s injury in particular, this becomes a pretty big game, and one we have to win.

Pumped for it already!! So keen for Thursday!

Glory, Glory.

speedster

Juniors
Would like to see Mamo play a full game in reggies to get some match fitness up and develop his game in preparation for next year. If Havili is fit, he should take the #14 jumper and if not, then maybe give Meyers or Fletcher a cameo taste of the top grade. Le Blanc will be included as it is with Murray on rep duty.

Jye Gray has the opportunity over the remainder of the season to really stamp himself a star of the future much like Taaffe in 2021 who helped get us to a GF but I think will turn out much, much better. He's a dead set gun!

handyman2190

Bench
Would like to see Mamo play a full game in reggies to get some match fitness up and develop his game in preparation for next year. If Havili is fit, he should take the #14 jumper and if not, then maybe give Meyers or Fletcher a cameo taste of the top grade. Le Blanc will be included as it is with Murray on rep duty.

Jye Gray has the opportunity over the remainder of the season to really stamp himself a star of the future much like Taaffe in 2021 who helped get us to a GF but I think will turn out much, much better. He's a dead set gun!
Id like to put jack back in the centre and give jye a go at 6

speedster

Juniors
Id like to put jack back in the centre and give jye a go at 6
Eventually I think his spot is in the 6 but for now, Jack and Cody are firing and Jye is still quite green so I think he needs to find his feet in 1st grade from the back before moving closer to steering the ship. Just my opinion. With Jack finding his best, especially now without Trell, we need the stars we still have to remain at their most dangerous so I wouldn't be moving Jack now.

Jack really has the opportunity to start to own the team performance more from 6 now that Trell is also out. Could be a blessing in disguise?

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Eventually I think his spot is in the 6 but for now, Jack and Cody are firing and Jye is still quite green so I think he needs to find his feet in 1st grade from the back before moving closer to steering the ship. Just my opinion. With Jack finding his best, especially now without Trell, we need the stars we still have to remain at their most dangerous so I wouldn't be moving Jack now.

Jack really has the opportunity to start to own the team performance more from 6 now that Trell is also out. Could be a blessing in disguise?
Agreed

callmack1

Staff member

Team list Tuesday babyyy!!! And it's a good one for Round 19, our second ever game against the Dolphins.

A pretty good line up this week, pretty much as expected. Gray in for Trell of course, Chee Kam onto the right edge for Cam, which means Le Blanc comes back on the bench. very happy with all those changes.

I'm surprised to see Havili not included in the 17, but I guess that could change.

A settled line up this week, one that is capable of beating the Dolphins if we maintain our form.

Hurry up Thursday night!!

callmack1

Staff member

Steenson123

Juniors
Gray is best at FB. He supports breaks very well and is developing nicely. He is an omnipresent danger.
Keep Walker-Wighton together. They are building a potent combination and the team is attacking with a smoother fluidity.
With Mitchell's Lisfranc injury evidently not severe, the side can continue its upward trajectory. Lisfranc fractures can mean 6 months or more on the sidelines its a very tricky injury not as straightforward as a metatarsal fracture. Tatola must have suffered a LF or ligament damage.
The mentality of the players will be buoyed by the Mitchell news and I believe they can sink the Dolphins.

speedster

Juniors
Hope Jack does most of the long and high kicking rather than sharing it too much with Cody's lollipops now that Trell is out. Cody is good with the boot from short range though.

callmack1

Staff member

Yoohooo some great stuff from the captain's run all there today! The boys are looking good. Relaxed, but also focused and raring to go. I hope they are anyway.

Particularly love the 'behind the scenes' stories from today and what Jack said in the team huddle after training about tomorrow night's game is so true. "We do our f**king work first, then the good stuff comes off the back of that."

callmack1

Staff member
Ohhhhh yeaaaaaaa!!!! Have just woken up on this beautiful Thursday morning and I gotta tell ya, I’m well and truly ready to go for this day. You know what day that is, game day!!! We take on the Dolphins tonight in what is set to be an absolutely bumper clash for Round 19. Honestly, waking up today, this feels like a sudden-death finals game. It honestly does, I just have that feeling in my stomach. Tonight is just one of those games we must win if we want to make our late finals run legit. It’s crucial we win today and there’s so much on the line.

Tonight, will be only the second time ever we’ve played the Dolphins, and the first-ever time we’ve played at Kayo Stadium. We obviously don’t have history and an intense rivalry with them yet, but I’m pumped to add to and build the history tonight.

This certainly isn’t going to be easy that’s for sure. No doubt this will be the toughest test we have faced in weeks, and it will be a step up in intensity for sure. They may have lost five of their past six, but this is a very good side we’re playing today. They have built a strong roster and have quality all across the park, particularly in their forward pack and I think that’s where the battle will be won tonight. Their form may have dipped a little, but I feel like this is the game where they’ll spring back to life and show us the top eight side they are. Do we have that next gear? Or has this run been a matter of just beating poor teams? We will find out tonight.

I do think we can win this today though, I really do. If, and I mean if, we go into this with the same sort of application, intensity, focus, effort and passion we have been recently, there’s no reason why we’re not a chance. We may be missing Trell and Cam, but we still have the likes of Walker, Wighton, Cook and Koloamatangi. I’m looking for a big game from Cody in particular tonight. It’s a big mental battle, but this is our chance to make a real, genuine statement. Go out there and do it lads!!

I’m ready for tonight and can’t wait to see the boys go at it again. Let’s f**king go!!

Show them who we really are.

Glory, Glory.

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
No Tom Gilbert, No Thomas Flegler, No Hamusai Fidow, No Marshall King, No Kaufusi

if we cant beat them after the turnaround in form weve had, would be a very bad loss.

But Bennet has the touch of turning shit into gold so i hope tonight is not the night, Bennet has been saying his team has had too many injuries and with the squad they have they cant carry too many high level injuries we will see them fall away like they did last year and miss the 8.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well Game Day is here again get your colours on and get a moving! What a big Thursday Night game it is as we look to make it 6 in a row. Tonight we take on the Dolphins up there. This will be our toughest test in the last 6 weeks. For us we need to win tonight lose and it’s pretty much close to over for our chance to get into the finals. This isn’t a game we can afford to drop but it’s a tough one against a top 8 side. I expect Wayne will have the Dolphins right on at Redcliffe tonight I think they’ve lost 4 of their last 5 so they will be desperate tonight. For us we need to be right on from the outset. Wayne v Ben as well no doubt both will wanna get the win over one another it’ll be war for the 80mins then good mateship after the game no doubt.

Looking at the Dolphins they have a few out but young Katoa in the halves has been playing well and Nikorima too. Fuller out the back will be dangerous and will add spark I rate Fuller. Then out wide they have plenty of speed in Isaako, Averillo and the class of Farnworth. Up front they have a pack of very solid workers too who all know their job and do those little things well and effort areas. We can’t lapse in defence otherwise they’ll make us pay. For us we have our own big amount of players out it’s been a hefty injury toll. Tonight could be Arrow last game of the season as well. For us it’ll be about attitude we need to get into the grind and be patient Jack and Cody kicking game will have to be on. We can not make cheap errors or give cheap penalties the Dolphins are too good of a side and will make us pay. So we need our middles Moale, Keppie, Keaon to aim up lay the platform, same as our bench with Tom and Tallis as well to allow Cookie, Jack and Cody to get in the game. It’ll be good to see what Jye brings as well I’m sure he will do his job. The Dolphins will try get us out wide so Kennar, Gags, Milne and AJ need to be switched on. It’ll be good to see Blancy play his second game as well a good opportunity for the young kid. No doubt without Trell and Murray we lose an enormous amount but we can only ask the boys give it their best as long as the effort is there I’ll be proud either way.

OK EVERY RABBITOHS MEMBER AND SUPPORTER UP AS ONE ON YA FEET AT 7:48PM TONIGHT WEARING THOSE COLOURS PROUDLY AND STAMPING YOUR FEET CMON BOYS DIG DEEP AND LETS GO RABBITOHS GLORY GLORY!!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOO CMON GERRY GET EM ONSIDE MATE

BBBBOOOOOOOOO HIGH TACKLE PULL THE WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE

BBBBBOOOOOOO SECOND EFFORT AND FLOP LEG PULL WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN BBBBOOOOOOOOO CMON GERRY

CMON GERRY WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH SIDES MATE BBBBOOOOOOOO

BBBBBBOOOOOOOO FORWARD PASS BBBBBBOOOOOO TOUCHIE WAKE UP

BOOOOOOOOOOO TACKLED WITHOUT THE BALL HAVE A LOOK

Rabbits20

Immortal
I loved what Wighton said yesterday in the huddle we get a f**king quick play the ball we take it on we do all the hard work then the f**king good stuff comes off the back of that!

Steenson123

Juniors
Redcliffe is a Dump. A real Dumpster of a place. Could not leave there quick enough a few years ago.
If this is not a Boat Race for Burt, we can sink them.
In reality, regardless of the result, Redcliffe are not going to be a factor in the overall scheme of things. When the surf settles, they will be irrelevant.

speedster

Juniors
Would love to see them get more shifts out to AJ this week. He's been neglected of late as we have played to the right far more. Want to see them scoring on both edges of the field tonight. Got to own the middle first though where we have seen the most improvement over the past 5 weeks.

Go Souths! I smell another win. Do it for Jai's last game and sign him off for the season in style.

Latest posts