What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 21 - Vs Raiders

Speedster hate to rain on your parade mate if we lose today we are gone I believe our season was over back when sam farah and Morris left after sacking dudmetriou and now not one club wants ilias.

Politis never would sign dudmetriou as the rorters coach and sign ilias as the rorters half back, hey speedster I'm on the floor right now giggling my head off what were souths thinking cobber.

Sadly I believe we will lose today due to our horrific injury toll ile be riding souths all the way but i just feel we are gone after today thats just my feelings i hope im wrong go souths.gray should be fullback next year period if I was bennett. mitchell should partner wighton in the centres and cody plays five eight and dodd at half back.id put graham and johnston on the wing.tass and munro and milne can all fight it out if we lose a winger or centre or if milne who has an offload in him as witnessed lately can get a debut in the forward pack if a few injuries occur. im sure aitken will be a permanent starter in the 17 man weekly line up probably coming off the bench..then we need to buy two mongrol forwards at least tpg + hunt and a young big junior big bopping islander with lots of mongrol in him from a top 8 club cmon souths get your act together go find a young Sam burgess clone..

I would not be surprised if bennett puts mitchell at fullback and put graham and wighton in the centres and put aitken and johnston as our wingers.will jye Gray play off the bench on the 50th minute as 14th man when the oppositions forwards tire???

speedster

Juniors
Speedster hate to rain on your parade mate if we lose today we are gone
Looks like you're agreeing with me so not raining on any "parade".

I'm just describing the state of play as I see it regarding this season and don't want to cry over spilt milk. I'd rather look forward than back.

With Wayne coming back, I'm sure he will have far more control than he had before and will steer us back into finals and premiership contention.

Last edited:

callmack1

Staff member

Here's some more shots from inside the captain's run today. Looks like it was a little chilly and a bit of drizzle, hopefully that's exactly what the boys need to prep them properly for cold Canberra. Everyone appears to be out there, everyone appears to be good to go for tomorrow so that's great. Pete was in a bit of doubt but he's out there so that's great.

The lads look relaxed and raring to go.

Jeez I actually really like listening to Benny speak. he speaks really well. He seems excited but razor focused on the task tomorrow and showing the Raiders the respect they deserve. He knows it's gonna be a tight game and our defence has to be on.

Good turnout today too it looked like with lots of members out there so hopefully the boys get a good kick out of that.

Looks like you're agreeing with me so not raining on any "parade".

I'm just describing the state of play as I see it regarding this season and don't want to cry over spilt milk. I'd rather look forward than back.

With Wayne coming back, I'm sure he will have far more control than he had before and will steer us back into finals and premiership contention.

I'm reading tpj to prob follow bennett to souths

callmack1

Staff member
Good morning, good day, and happy game day to all my fellow South Sydney members and fans. I've woken up today incredibly pumped for what feels like a massive game day and an incredibly important one. Wherever in the world you are, get up, get your colours on, belt out a Glory, Glory, and get ready for a big day.

Tonight, we take on the Raiders down there in the freezing cold Canberra in some Sunday night Footy. A crucial game, an incredibly, extremely important one where we're either going to have our already unlikely dream ended, or we'll march on, and the run will continue for another week. That's right, lose, and I think we're 100% gone. But win tonight and we still remain saying who knows? There's a lot on the line for both sides actually because Canberra are fighting for the eight too.

Make no mistake, this is still going to be a big test in the nation's capital tonight. If we were full strength, I'd maybe say we've got this in the bag, but given who we're missing, it's looking like it's going to be a really tough contest and a big challenge for us to overcome at their home ground. The biggest challenge is going to be the forward battle and I think that decides the game tonight. It will be a tight game played through the middle and whoever gets the upper hand there, will probably win this. And to be honest, that's what makes me most nervous about the Raiders tonight because their forward pack is actually insane. Papali'i, Tapine, Whitehead, Young; they're literally all beasts, and all rep quality players. That's scary. Of course, they have a pretty decent halves pairing and backline too, but it's certainly the pack where we need to watch the most.

So, it's over to our boys to combat that. They've warmed to the occasion in previous games, and you know what? I'm going to back them in to do the same here. A big part of that is on Davvy, Kep, Keaon and Tom tonight, but they can do it. That's the key.

The big storyline today is Jackie Wighton's first game back in Canberra against his old club, and we need, and I expect a massive game from him. He'll be charged with emotion and the reaction of their crowd will only add to that. However, Jackie can't do that if our forwards don't stand up, so it all comes back to that. I can't wait to see him get stuck in though.

I think we can do this, we just need to get our defence right, that's the biggest area of improvement needed as it's taken a step back recently, and of course hold the ball and I still think we have enough strike and firepower to get this done.

Keaon's 100th tonight too so huge congrats to him! I hope we do it for him with him leading the way!!

We're wearing a Red and Green racing stripe-like jersey tonight, and I hope we play like a racing car.

Let's go today lads! We can do this! Statement time baby yooohoooo!!!

Enjoy your gameday folks and enjoy the buildup.

Glory, Glory.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well good afternoon my fellow Rabbitohs faithful on this cold cold afternoon. Good luck to those making the trip down to Canberra it’ll be absolutely freezing. Game Day is upon us the last game of the round at 6:15pm down there in Canberra. Now our record of late hasn’t been too good against them we tend to find it hard against them. What makes it harder is we are playing them down there as well. Canberra are still in with a shot at making the 8 today but it’s must win for them I expect them to be desperate. Ricky was not happy last week even though they narrowly one and will have drummed into them about playing much better tonight. Ricky will be more fired up too and his body coming up against Jack Wighton for the first time they’ll use that as even more motivation to get the win on us. Tbh I am not confident going into tonight but you never know. We simply need to turn up and defend much better than last week. If we turn up flat and arm grabbing again with poor enthusiasm to our defence it’ll be a long night. It’s also must win for us to keep an outside chance of our finals dreams alive so we should be equally as desperate as Canberra. With who we have out though that is gonnna be a mighty task. The boys are gonna have to work bloody hard do that and we give ourselves a chance. The Raiders can at times to be sloppy too. But when we get good ball we need to build pressure and pin them down their own end. The Raiders pack though is where it begins for them Tapine, Papali’i we are gonna have to be on our game to put them down. Also out wide they have lots of pace so we have to be right on defensively.

Well done to Keaon tonight too playing game 100 cmon lads let’s dig deep and see if we can pull off a famous win.

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

OK EVERY RABBITOHS MEMBER AND SUPPORTER ON YA FEET AT 6:13PM TONIGHT GLORY GLORY LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!!

I wish everyone making the trip down a safe trip and stay warm that wind has a real bite to it.

BBBBBOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR PENALTY WYATT BBBOOOOOOOOOO

GET EM ONSIDE MATE BBBBOOOOOOO

HIGHT TACKLE SIR

SECOND EFFORT LEG PULL BBBBBOOOOOOOOOO

WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN MATE WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH SIDES BBBOOOOOOOOOO

FORWARD PASS BBBBOOOOO THATS 2 METRES FORWARD

speedster

Juniors
Halfway through the 1st half, down 18-0 and missing tackles that should be made, AJ gone for the year with an Achilles.

Season over. We're officially playing for next year from here on in.

Latest posts