What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Round 27 - Vs Roosters

Eric the great

Juniors
Look, I have to agree with the basic premise of this.
If it was me, I would give Gray a shot at 5/8 or half, there is nothing to lose, and we need to see if he can handle that position, and produce something for the team. Cody has one more season and then we need a replacement.
Hawkins future with Souths is zero, there is no future.

Host is garbage, and I agree, even Chee Kam can give something more than Host can give. And if not Chee Kam, what about Milne, or one of the young forwards just outside the 17.

Fullback is a dilema, if Gray is moved to halves, and no Wighton, but yeah, put in Munro, the kid deserves to wear the No.1 after the sacrifices he made to play last week.
Do you think Wayne might have told Ben to leave gray at fullback as that is where he will be used next year in the absence of latrell a bit like taffe in 2021 and like tai fuller this year and as far as host goes south’s might be trying to showcase him so as to offload him don’t have to do that with chee kam he’s already gone none of us know the inner workings of the club I think this year only speedster got the nod right as far as tinkering with side

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Do you think Wayne might have told Ben to leave gray at fullback as that is where he will be used next year in the absence of latrell a bit like taffe in 2021 and like tai fuller this year and as far as host goes south’s might be trying to showcase him so as to offload him don’t have to do that with chee kam he’s already gone none of us know the inner workings of the club I think this year only speedster got the nod right as far as tinkering with side
Yes, all this is quite possible too

Rabbits20

Immortal
So the outs..

Souths:
Trell?
AJ
C. Graham
Tass
Wighton
Ilias
Murray
Arrow
Tatola
Shaq

Rorters:
Billy Smith
Tupou
D. Young
S. Walker
JWH
Radley
Collins
B. Smith
N. Butcher
E. Butcher

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well here we are my fellow Rabbitohs faithful it’s been a long season we all know it has not been our year for a number of reasons. It has been a year where just about everything that can go wrong has. And now Game Day is just about upon us all round 27 so we have 80mins left for 2024. Now it hasn’t been our year but we go at it tomorrow night against our most hated archrivals the Sydney Rorters. The hatred between the two clubs is as strong as it’s ever been that’s for sure it will not die we hate everything about them everything these filthy rotten prick cheats late sipping wankas from Bondi stand for. No matter where both sides sit on the ladder there is no such thing as a dead rubber against these blokes. I saw Keppie at my work earlier this week and said if there is a game we have to win it’s against them and he said that’s one thing he learnt very quickly since joining the club, Wighton has also said similar. Two passionate supporter bases too who hate each other with a passion. One things for sure it’ll be fireworks as it always is and another chapter will be written in the book of feuds on the games oldest most fierce rivalry in fact probably the fiercest rivalry in all of Australia.

Now we come into this one on the back of 7 losses I think it is now we were 7 and 9 after 6 wins in a row now we are 7 and 16 not where we want to be. We have had more than half our side out most of the year and that hasn’t helped. We got off to a horror start to 2024 and were never able to recover. But last week we showed some will to fight against Penrith and that told me the boys haven’t given up. As Hornby has said and Murray over the last month whoever puts that South Sydney jersey on has a responsibility too do yourself proud and the club and community the jersey represents something that is hard to put into words. Now we come into this one being Damien and Tom last games for Souths it’s been an emotional build up it’s hard to believe we are at the end of an era. What 2 legends these guys have been what they have done for Souths they are club legends and have given it absolutely everything they have. They have never been in trouble off field either they represent our club so well it’ll be game 249 for Souths tomorrow for Tom and I think game 207 for Damien. As Mavo said on Bunnies TV today to play 200 games for one club is legendary status. Now they have given us great joy and many get out of your seat moments over the years it’s hard to believe this is it isnt it like I do not think I’ve fully processed it yet. It’s also great to hear they’ll be back in different roles at the club in the future. They have been with us through very good times and the lows and both give so much time I’ve noticed after training and after games to the members they’ll always come over and thank us even after a flogging really they are just two gentleman.

Now we need to stick solid in these tough times for anyone who is 50/50 about going tomorrow get out there its gonna be 30 degrees tomorrow and 22 degrees at kick off let’s make sure we don’t get outnumbered by their fans on our home turf. Lets make sure we are there on our feet to give Tom and Damien a standing ovation that they deserve as they run on tomorrow night with Glory Glory playing in the background as they come onto Accor with their loved ones. I know I won’t be afraid to say I’ll probs shed a couple of tears. Also it’s Kennar 50th, Keppie 100th and Liva 150th tomorrow night to add to it also big achievements that deserve to be celebrated. We also have a few boys that won’t be with us next year Kennar, Hawko as well and there could be a few others where this could be their last games too so we need to finish on the right note. Surely it won’t be hard for the boys to be up tomorrow. It’ll be the Rorters wankathon about who they have out nothing to do with us and it would be great to destroy that narrative tomrrow night and make it about us finishing on that great note.

Looking at our side I’m happy Richie is back this week I actually wasn’t impressed with Myers at centre. Hawko is the logical replacement with Jack unavailable too cmon Hawko get your body in front and stop Angus tomrrow night and Suaali. I also like Duncan playing at lock he will be wearing the golden 8 as well what an honour to celebrate Ron Coote. Funny that I’m only just touching on Coote now but it’ll be brilliant to honour him becoming an immortal tomorrow night a 4 time premiership winner with our club and boy does he deserve the immortal status. I’m sure there will be plenty of ex players to celebrate with him tomorrow night as well. Duncan is sort of a similar mould to a Coote kind of player so only fitting he wears the number 8 tomorrow night. I’m also happy Tom gets the start in his last game that is only fair. Also will be good to see Blancy get another chance off the bench too for a young kid I like what he does in defence. Now the Rorters might have around 10 out like us but they still have a strong pack Leniu, Terrell May, Angus, Watson, Whyte etc and plenty of strike out wide in Keary, Sandon will come in and do a job and they have Teddy, Manu, Suaali and this bloke from the Wallabies whose name I can’t pronounce apparently he’s very good. So we need to defend like our lives depend on it try to limit the errors and penalties we give away work hard for one another show line speed and just go for it on attack. Really we need to be good in all areas and not go to sleep midway through the half or just before half time to have any hope.

Ok not long til the players run out here onto Accor Stadium tonight the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs looking to send off Damien and Tom in style here tonight and get a win against our bitter arch rivals from Bondi. Great to see such a strong turn out here tonight to honour Ron Coote as well great to see so much red and green in the stands here tonight. Let’s make sure everyone watching at home knows this is South Sydney home turf and a South Sydney home game. Lets get that South Sydney chant going for the full 80mins here tonight let’s finish off the season on that right note.

Ok as we look down the tunnel here at the Rabbitohs home ground we can see the men in the red, white and blue making their way down the tunnel…… Rabbitohs members and Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome to the Sydney Roosters……….. BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOO BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1………..

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FFFEEEEEETTTTTTTTT……. HERE THEY COME MAKE PLENTY OF NOISE LED OUT BY THOMAS BURGESS AND DAMIEN COOK………………. AND YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RRRAAABBBBIIITTTOOOHHHSSSSS!!!!!!!

LETS GO RABBITOHS

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

GO SOUTH SYDNEY GO SOUTH SYDNEY

WALKING ALONG SINGING A SONG SINGING GLORY GLORY GLORY ALL THE WAY!!!

SSTID SSTID I KNOW I AM IM SURE I AM SSTID!!!

BBBBBBBBBBBOOOOOO GET EM ONSIDE ATKINS BBBOOOOOO WATSON AND ANGUS ARE 3 METRES OFFSIDE HAVE A LOOK

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO WHERE IS OUR PENALTY ATKINS NOTHING CHANGES WITH YOU WHAT ABOUT REFFING FOR BOTH TEAMS MATE

BBBBBBOOOOOOOOO HIGH TACKLE BBBBOOOOOO SECOND EFFORT LEG PULL WHERE IS OUR SIX AGAIN WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING

BBBBOOOOO HOW LONG CAN THEY LAY ON FOR CMON ATKINS GIVE US A FAIR GO

BBBBBOOOOOOOOO HES TACKLED WITHOUT THE BALL HAVE A LOOK WHAT ARE YOU WATCHING BBBOOOOOO

BBBOOOOO HEY HHHEEEYYY THATS A FORWARD PASS TOUCHIE HAVE A LOOK BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Whatever happens boys just have a dig tomorrow night and do yourselves and the club proud!

Latest posts