What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Sounding more and more like Aitken will definitely comes to Souths so our days of seeing Host on the edge are coming to and end.

Just need to sign a prop or two

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Sounding more and more like Aitken will definitely comes to Souths so our days of seeing Host on the edge are coming to and end.

2 props.
Tom is leaving, Shaquai can't be counted on, he misses more games than he plays, and most are not through injury.
That leaves Tatola, Moale and Arrow, who'd be better (for us, and his health) as an edge rotation forward

speedster

Juniors

Unsure where Keaon's future lies as to who else will play edge on a regular basis for us. Will Arrow remain on an edge? Will Keaon go back to 12 once Murray is fully back? Will they ever give Duncan a crack wider out to prove himself there? Or will all those guys be part of the middles and therefore we need another edge guy to partner Aitken (should the signing be confirmed as appears likely) which means Host is still part of our 13/17?

Thomas Fletcher can hopefully stay on the field for the remainder of this year and show his full potential. He (and maybe Lovett?) can potentially still develop to full NRL standard in the coming seasons on an edge.

speedster

Juniors
No mention of Utoi even though his contract out has now been triggered by missing Origin again. Would cost plenty but he is in great form despite the Tigers being down the bottom yet again.

handyman2190

Bench
No mention of Utoi even though his contract out has now been triggered by missing Origin again. Would cost plenty but he is in great form despite the Tigers being down the bottom yet again.
We cant afford him,all we have is maybe 1mill, and thats what hes after and he isnt worth that,forget him

speedster

Juniors
I got a feeling Pangai, if he decides he does really wanna play RL, will follow Bennett.
All eyes will be on him tonight and for the remainder of the season to see if he can recapture some of his best form and offer some consistency for the first time too. He's a bit like Fifita in that he plays good once every 6 weeks and phones it in the rest of the time.

You'd expect him to start rusty and need time to get back into the grind of NRL but keen to see if Wayne can work his magic with this bloke.

speedster

Juniors
We cant afford him,all we have is maybe 1mill, and thats what hes after and he isnt worth that,forget him
Yeah, I know he won't come cheap and I don't think he'll get a mill but probably will cost something like $750-800 per season which is still steep. But all top teams have a gun alpha front rower to lead the line and make all the other props better as a result. Wayne knows this.

Hunt is like Leniu - power but short motor. Decent for extra punch but without Tom, who is showing signs of aging to be fair, we need a gun alpha up front.

Therefore, if we can manage it, we should shuffle things to try and get Utoi. I'd rather him than Smith.

Latest posts