What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

Yeah, I know he won't come cheap and I don't think he'll get a mill but probably will cost something like $750-800 per season which is still steep. But all top teams have a gun alpha front rower to lead the line and make all the other props better as a result. Wayne knows this.

Hunt is like Leniu - power but short motor. Decent for extra punch but without Tom, who is showing signs of aging to be fair, we need a gun alpha up front.

Therefore, if we can manage it, we should shuffle things to try and get Utoi. I'd rather him than Smith.

I'd like both just rort the system like the rorters do decade after decade they do it simplistically

speedster

Juniors
Yeah, I know he won't come cheap and I don't think he'll get a mill but probably will cost something like $750-800 per season which is still steep. But all top teams have a gun alpha front rower to lead the line and make all the other props better as a result. Wayne knows this.

Hunt is like Leniu - power but short motor. Decent for extra punch but without Tom, who is showing signs of aging to be fair, we need a gun alpha up front.

Therefore, if we can manage it, we should shuffle things to try and get Utoi. I'd rather him than Smith.
Mentioned in the news today that Roosters, Dolphins and Storm are chasing him for next year. No mention of us. They'll throw big money at him.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Unsure where Keaon's future lies as to who else will play edge on a regular basis for us. Will Arrow remain on an edge? Will Keaon go back to 12 once Murray is fully back? Will they ever give Duncan a crack wider out to prove himself there? Or will all those guys be part of the middles and therefore we need another edge guy to partner Aitken (should the signing be confirmed as appears likely) which means Host is still part of our 13/17?

Thomas Fletcher can hopefully stay on the field for the remainder of this year and show his full potential. He (and maybe Lovett?) can potentially still develop to full NRL standard in the coming seasons on an edge.

In my eyes we have to start considering Murray's longevity in the game which means that Murray moves to second row and Keaon stays at lock.

Murray and Aitken form our second row with Keaon locking the scrum.

Arrow off the bench and can fill in at second row if needed. I still am of the belief that we need a big minute Prop to start the game which we would've had in Jack De Belin. Looks like that's either gonna be Moale or Tatola next year.

speedster

Juniors
In my eyes we have to start considering Murray's longevity in the game which means that Murray moves to second row and Keaon stays at lock.

Murray and Aitken form our second row with Keaon locking the scrum.

Arrow off the bench and can fill in at second row if needed. I still am of the belief that we need a big minute Prop to start the game which we would've had in Jack De Belin. Looks like that's either gonna be Moale or Tatola next year.
I was of that mindset too but Tatola's injury changes that, at least for this season. I think Keaon has to be that big minute starting prop you speak of now and Arrow stays on the edge despite him not really being a hole runner. Next year, we'll see. Hopes are high for Fletcher. Also, reading Cam's Origin interview during the week, he made it very clear that 13 is his spot so don't see him changing any time soon.

We'll have to wait and see what the super coach has in mind but I think Keaon at prop could be our answer to Fonua-Blake the agile way he plays through the middle but can also skip wide and tip on.

Last edited:

speedster

Juniors
Actually, a front row rotation of Keaon, Tats, Davvy, Keppie and hopefully Hunt with backup from Shaq, Le Blanc, Hallie and co doesn't sound too bad. Arrow could return to the middle rotation too if we sort our edges out with Aitken and hopefully Fletcher with Host as back up. Otherwise, we purchase another forward that can play both edge and middle.

Read somewhere that Havili may not be with us beyond this year but if he is, our middles aren't looking too bad if Keaon becomes a regular front rower.

Bennett has converted a few of his backrowers to the front row this year at the Dolphins - Kenny Bromwich and Kaufusi also at times. He's turned Plath, a half/5/8, into an excellent lock through their middle too. Could he get Duncan to become a great hole running edge man as well as a very useful small middle?

Wayne has always liked to value add to his squad by increasing the utility value of as many players as possible.

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Keoan has to stay in the middle either at 13 or Prop.
Abit like Terrel May from Roosters who can play the full 80mins.

Tatola has had a bad couple of years will need to really step up 2025 would actually bring him off the bench he was most successful off the bench and not big enough to be starting prop.

1. Mithcell
2. Johnston
3. Wighton
4. Munroe
5.Graham (help preserve his sternum with less defence, have a attacking option to kick for on the wings to compete)

6. Dodd
7. Walker

8. Moale
9. Humphries
10. Hunt
11. Muarry
12. Aitken
13. KK

14. Duncan (bench hooker, fill in second row if injuries Muarry moves to the centres)
15. Tatola bench prop
16. TPJ bench prop
17. Arrow.
18. Keppie
19. Mamazolous (not sold on him)
20. Milne
21. Jye Gray
22. Tass
23. Haizyn Mellars
24. Jason Hallie
25. Thomas Flether
26. Adam Christenson
27. Purchase Prop (Ofhaki Ogden & Ryan Matterson seem to be on the outer at Parra)
28. Purchase Prop(Marty Taupau for a year wouldnt be bad also under bennet, just get the ball Run hard, Like Bellamy does with his props, used to live in Botany also knows the area well)
29. Purchase Centre/Winger (Mikale Ravawala seems to be on outer at Dragons,
30. Purhcase Second Rower (Siua Wong or Sitili Tupoinuia are not playing regular first grade will go hard after 1 of these and find a spot in the 17.)

Releasing: Chee Kam, Host, Haivili, Shaq (but he wont go cause Latrell will get the shits), Thompson, Hawkins, Illias, Kennar, Gagai, Leon Te Hau, Skelton, Shibabsaki, Bentley Hape, Dion Teaupua, Matthew French, Lovett, Chapman, Le Blanc (not really much there)

Last edited:

Hellray

Juniors

Tatola has had a bad couple of years will need to really step up 2025 would actually bring him off the bench he was most successful off the bench and not big enough to be starting prop.

1. Mithcell
2. Johnston
3. Wighton
4. Munroe
5.Graham (help preserve his sternum with less defence, have a attacking option to kick for on the wings to compete)

6. Dodd
7. Walker

8. Moale
9. Humphries
10. Hunt
11. Muarry
12. Aitken
13. KK

14. Duncan (bench hooker, fill in second row if injuries Muarry moves to the centres)
15. Tatola bench prop
16. TPJ bench prop
17. Arrow.
18. Keppie
20. Milne
21. Jye Gray
22. Tass
23. Haizyn Mellars
24. Jason Hallie
25. Thomas Flether
26. Adam Christenson
27. Purchase Prop
28. Purchase Prop
29. Purchase Centre
30. Purhcase Second Rower

Releasing: Chee Kam, Host, Haivili, Shaq (but he wont go cause Latrell will get the shits), Thompson, Hawkins, Illias, Kennar, Gagai, Leon Te Hau, Skelton, Shibabsaki, Bentley Hape, Dion Teaupua, Matthew French, Lovett, Chapman, Le Blanc (not really much there)
Wouldn’t you move Aitken to the centres if injuries happen mid game?

So from 14min of game time you could tell a guy on debut doesn’t have enough to make it in the nrl? Glad you aren’t the coach

Teauapa has performed admirably for us when thrown in the deep end. And this year has proven you need depth. This kid deserves to stay!

Dodd ain’t coming to play the 6. He has been signed to play halfback

I guess you’ve seen enough of Mellars riding the injury list to know (he has something)

the same for Hallie and Fletcher who also haven’t played a lick of NRL?

ADAM_SMITH

Juniors
Yeh you can do both move Aitken or Muarry to the centres whatever the coach decides.

I can tell Le Blanc hasnt got it based on NSW cup and Jersey flegg performances, doesnt compare to other elite kids making there debuts or coming through e.g Roosters have Toia, and both Vaas, Parra had talagai. His not in there class. Glad you arent the coach based on your eye for talent!!! Probz never ever laced up a pair of footy boots before.

Teaupua is terrible has got nothing to say that he will be successful!!

Dont know where Dodd is going to play but Walker has been doing admirably at 7.

Mellars based on training performances watching him at Heffron during scrimmages and based on talent from bloodline is a chance of being successful.

Hallie based on potential and Fletcher will play for Australia one day.

I think you should stick to being abit of a keyboard warrior. @Hellray Juniors

callmack1

Staff member

It's all official now. I kind of feel a bit sad to be honest.

How the heck is it identical to Reynolds??? It's not even similar!! For God's sake media.

Again, for God's sake, what a media beat up.

callmack1

Staff member

1. Mithcell
2. Johnston
3. Wighton
4. Munroe

6. Dodd
7. Walker

8. Moale
9. Humphries
10. Hunt
11. Muarry
12. Aitken
13. KK

15. Tatola bench prop
16. TPJ bench prop
17. Arrow.
18. Keppie
20. Milne
21. Jye Gray
22. Tass
23. Haizyn Mellars
24. Jason Hallie
25. Thomas Flether
26. Adam Christenson
27. Purchase Prop (Ofhaki Ogden & Ryan Matterson seem to be on the outer at Parra)
28. Purchase Prop(Marty Taupau for a year wouldnt be bad also under bennet, just get the ball Run hard, Like Bellamy does with his props, used to live in Botany also knows the area well)
29. Purchase Centre/Winger (Mikale Ravawala seems to be on outer at Dragons,
30. Purhcase Second Rower (Siua Wong or Sitili Tupoinuia are not playing regular first grade will go hard after 1 of these and find a spot in the 17.)

Very good points

speedster

Juniors
I don't think it's been said but Jaime Humphreys to Souths. Humphreys is a manly junior and was supposed to be DCE's replacement. Bennett is making moves already.
He's a rising half but was touted in the preseason as a potential backup hooker and looked lively in the trials and looked a big chance of going to Vegas with the squad but was bypassed for Lawton, then Chan Kum Tong and now they've brought Simpkin over from the Tigers.

We will need more depth in both the half and hooking positions so I'm happy to see him move across.

Seibold would be more than happy to lose a promising youngster to ol' Wayne, I'm sure.

Last edited: