What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

themacemaceman

Juniors

Oh for F**k sake. Couldn't believe it when I fired up my laptop this evening and saw the email about the club statement.

My god, what the f**k goes on in some players heads?! Okay, some of you are correct, cocaine would be everywhere in the NRL. You can just about guarantee that a player does it every weekend I reckon. But come on Trell, be smarter. Don't do it with a random who's gonna take a pick and sell it off. For f**k sake.

Whatever comes of this, whatever happens, it's just yet another negative headline to add to his growing resume of bad headlines, and it's just more time on the sidelines in another Season yet again. Yet again, he's let our club down. Yet again, he's let his teammates down and his family down.

Now, I love the bloke, absolutely love him and I want him at our club, but this is becoming a major problem that I don't know how to fix.

Be better Trell.

I hope with all my might that it's somehow a bit of paper or something that he's just laughing at or something, but that's highly unlikely. It's damming.

For God's sake. The cluster f**k that is the 2024 Season takes another twist.
Get rid of him. Sign Papenhausen or Fletcher Sharpe

speedster

Juniors
Aitken signing - good.
MCK going - good.
TPJ for 26? - good as long as he doesn't cost the earth and doesn't resemble its shape.
Latrell's pic? - not good but also no big deal. People need to get a grip. If there's any suspension it will be this year so ... good.

Rabbit57

Juniors
So the guideline precedents are Brandon Smith and Cameron Munster.
What did they get for suspension?
Was it 4 weeks?

Also, the big question will be, if the NRL does issue a suspension, does it apply immediately, even though they know he is injured, and no chance to play, or do they make it apply from the beginning of next season.
Or they could string out the investigation, make it last to the end of the regular season, and then hit Latrell with a suspension to start next season.

Either way, again, we probably won't have our "star player" for the full complement of a season.....
It is not about what penalty the NRL will dish out. The more important issue is what the club will do about it. Latrell deserves a chance to explain but if it is what it looks like Souths have to take a stand. Lack of discipline on the field has cost us in heaps of games. Lack of discipline off the field doesn’t help.

Wizardman

First Grade
As a Wests Tigers fan, this is the reason why Im glad we didn't get Latrell. For a club looking to get back on its feet, actions like this make me sure his teammates away from the cameras would have an absolute gutful of him. I can't help but think a worker who busts his gut like Cam Murray would privately despise the guy.
If it was any other player in the roster, Souths would probably let a player with Latrell's record go by now.

Didn't see that coming. Meanwhile, if To'o is looking for more cash, he knows the Roosters have some cash to splash. I'll bet they'll be signing Taylan May to join his brother Terrell for starters after he was sacked by the Panthers plus they have Leniu so there'll be a few ex-Panthers mates and more moolah there.

The rorters are over the cap for over 3 decades

As a Wests Tigers fan, this is the reason why Im glad we didn't get Latrell. For a club looking to get back on its feet, actions like this make me sure his teammates away from the cameras would have an absolute gutful of him. I can't help but think a worker who busts his gut like Cam Murray would privately despise the guy.
If it was any other player in the roster, Souths would probably let a player with Latrell's record go by now.

I say sack him

It is not about what penalty the NRL will dish out. The more important issue is what the club will do about it. Latrell deserves a chance to explain but if it is what it looks like Souths have to take a stand. Lack of discipline on the field has cost us in heaps of games. Lack of discipline off the field doesn’t help.

I say sack him

Sack him now but souths are too dumb to do so and ilias is still at souths lol