What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

speedster

Juniors
Hasn’t he been in and out all year on poor form, injury and suspension? I just don’t think he’s what we need. Surely we have better options than Sivo. I’m not trying to win anything. I’m happy to stand corrected as well.
He's had some injuries and played some reggies this year. Doesn't mean he's "broken down" which sounded like a gross exaggeration. Anyhow, whatevs. Just throwing it out there since we do need a ready made first grade option on the wing in my opinion along with a power prop and we were mentioning Kyle Feldt just a day or so ago.

Cheers

speedster

Juniors
I’m 50/50 on sivo I think we need to sign young blokes like Munro so we future proof the side ,buys like sivo could be good short term but in a couple of years we are back in the market again looking for a winger and we don’t know how AJ will come back from injury he has been one of the quickest wingers for a few years now but he did look a bit slow on occasions this year and I think south’s don’t seem to put much thought into the wing position it’s been a bit of an Achilles heal for us for awhile now.
Pun intended Eric? :D

Jokes aside, my view has always been that good teams do best when there is a good mix of experience and youth. If they're all young kids, then the team will have a lean year or 3 while they all cut their teeth and learn from mistakes at the same time - or possibly don't learn because they don't have enough old heads helping them to learn.

Also, looking around at the quality and depth of outside backs in the comp, I think our batch is now well behind clubs that just last season we were rated miles ahead of. Virtually the entire comp has steamed passed us and we need to return to being competitive asap by plugging gaps in our squad. So, the odd experienced first grader that maybe is on the wane but can be resurrected by a great coach should be an option.

I mean, I'd like the best of the best but the salary cap and availability kind of gets in the way of that. So, we have to make do with what's possibly available. Sivo will probably go to another club like the Storm or the Roosters and absolutely brain it against us.

He's had some injuries and played some reggies this year. Doesn't mean he's "broken down" which sounded like a gross exaggeration. Anyhow, whatevs. Just throwing it out there since we do need a ready made first grade option on the wing in my opinion along with a power prop and we were mentioning Kyle Feldt just a day or so ago.

Cheers

Well I know one thing speedster we need a goal kicker we don't have one trellmyth is hot and cold and is never there.lets see if dodd can kick our last permanent #7 ilias can't kick at all lol what a smart buy he was taking over from reynolds.

Eric the great

Juniors
Well I hope the bring back Adam Reynolds argument stops he is playing in a side full of origin players and can’t get them to the finals so what chance would he have had with our side

speedster

Juniors
Well I know one thing speedster we need a goal kicker we don't have one trellmyth is hot and cold and is never there.lets see if dodd can kick our last permanent #7 ilias can't kick at all lol what a smart buy he was taking over from reynolds.
Wayne's first priority will be to get Latrell to play as many games as he possibly can luck permitting. When he gets a long run of games under his belt, his kicking percentage tends to rise after a dusty start.

Ilias actually did share goal kicking duties with Taaffe in lower grades so can kick if needed but I don't see him being in the equation next season anyhow. He should hopefully find a new home elsewhere which will allow us to spend on a more needed position like prop or wing.

I hope to see Ilias and Host moved on as a priority to help fix our cap.

RSTA knows.

RSTA How does an australian international sevens star winger allowed to be bought recently by the rorters to join and play for the rorters this year in 2024? How does the nrl and the rorters club hide this latest scam/rort.You have to be kidding me ?? How corrupt is the nrl + the rorters i am amazed how the footy masses are being fed bs and are being hoodwinked by both these corrupt scamming organisations.(no more memberships for my family)

doyen

Bench
At least now with Latrell he won't be able to dictate his terms eg. demanding the FB spot ---maybe a good extra punishment for him would be to play him off the bench & use him as a strike weapon when opposing teams are gasping--even stick him in the backrow to make him earn his dough----5/8,centre---Gray & Munro should contest the FB spot---how would Walker go at No. 9---Gray's posse has always been at 5/8 through his junior days & rep career so maybe he needs a run there !!

At least now with Latrell he won't be able to dictate his terms eg. demanding the FB spot ---maybe a good extra punishment for him would be to play him off the bench & use him as a strike weapon when opposing teams are gasping--even stick him in the backrow to make him earn his dough----5/8,centre---Gray & Munro should contest the FB spot---how would Walker go at No. 9---Gray's posse has always been at 5/8 through his junior days & rep career so maybe he needs a run there !!

Doyen 4 coach.

Steenson123

Juniors
In short, if Balmain defeat Gutherson then we finish 15th.
That's not bad when one considers the club started an awful 1-9. The mid-season 6-1 run has saved them from egregious wooden spoon scorn. Finishing last is an anchor around a club's cou for several seasons, so let us be grateful for that.
Burt's arrival will signal a new Chapter for the club and it will be nothing like the current one.

Steenson123

Juniors
At least now with Latrell he won't be able to dictate his terms eg. demanding the FB spot ---maybe a good extra punishment for him would be to play him off the bench & use him as a strike weapon when opposing teams are gasping--even stick him in the backrow to make him earn his dough----5/8,centre---Gray & Munro should contest the FB spot---how would Walker go at No. 9---Gray's posse has always been at 5/8 through his junior days & rep career so maybe he needs a run there !
No possibility of Burt doing anything you suggest. However he will create a highly potent team capable of scoring many points.

Latest posts