What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Rabbitohs Rumors, Signings and News

handyman2190

Bench

Departing players confirmed last night. I'm not unhappy to see most of them go, aside from Tom and Cookie of course.

Not Kennar on the list is a bit strange though. Surely we're not re-signing him?

There are also rumours that we're re-signing Tass for three years, I'm happy with that. A bit iffy about the length of contract, sure, but re-signing him is great. He's not a star, but he is a really good squad player and a great depth player. I'm more than comfortable if he has to play next year at times, far better than options this year. Happy to see him stay.
Kennar is definately not being resigned, we really need speed we are a slug of a team,we need to pinch some young sgball players

Hellray

Juniors
Everytime ive seen him he was fast and tricky
Yeah fair and he still only 24.

But my argument would be…
He has played 44 NRL games, he is a former jnr halfback turned dummy half. So should have great play making ability. He has only 1 try assist. We need someone that can help the attack.

now I will admit though his tackling efficiency is amazing though for a small sample size mainly off the bench, can he keep that up over 65min minimum a game?

handyman2190

Bench
Yeah fair and he still only 24.

But my argument would be…
He has played 44 NRL games, he is a former jnr halfback turned dummy half. So should have great play making ability. He has only 1 try assist. We need someone that can help the attack.

now I will admit though his tackling efficiency is amazing though for a small sample size mainly off the bench, can he keep that up over 65min minimum a game?
All i know is pistol pete is like a waterpistol and not enough

speedster

Juniors
Oh believe me I’m not trying to shoot your idea down. And I agree Pete hasn’t stepped up and developed as much as we all hoped he would.
We do need to have some competition for him so he doesn’t get lazy.
That's why we got Humphreys I think. He will compete for the hooking spot because halfback is pretty well covered now. I really like the look of Humphreys. He looks sharp from the little I have seen.

handyman2190

Bench
Bennet like all coaches needs the right players to perform, at this stage, i dont see us getting anywere next year unless a winger and 2 props are signed, personally shaquea is just as bad as his brother injury wise and if he signs i hope its on basic wage.
Bennett needs to rocket the conditioning staff the traditional preseason holiday in the mountains must stop, and they need to be flogged, we were unfit until a third through the season,this contributed to injurys

Latest posts