What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

I thought we would have kept him , wouldn't have cost us much for another year he is only young compared to our older forwards ...... Maybe Flanno is promoting some young blokes .......
Both the Coachman’s will be much improved

expect them to compete strongly for spots in the first 17

Lawrie/Sele/the Manly boys
Liddle
Frank Molo/Michael Molo
Coachman/BMM
Sua/Coachman
JDB/Bird

Have I missed anyone in the forwards ?

With the right physical training and coaching we will be competitive

It’s the backs I am worried about

Parko1310

Juniors
Our spine depth & quality isn't good.

FB: Sloan/Lomax/Stewart/Turner
Halves: Hunt/Flanagan/Amone*/Turner
Hooker: Liddle/Muhleisen/Flanagan/Fainu

We only have one elite player across the spine, while the rest are currently average or below average. I really hope Lomax or Liddle can turn into good/great players in at fb & hooker. We need to get more above average players in our 17.
Stewart gone, seems to be same with Finau but I'm not sure where Haele has ended up. He's not with us in any capacity at the moment though it seems

Stewart gone, seems to be same with Finau but I'm not sure where Haele has ended up. He's not with us in any capacity at the moment though it seems
Looking at the Dragons website, Harle appears to be part of the KOE Cup side as is Hamish Stewart, Tsougranis, Ben Johnson, Ben Rumble and a number of others.

won’t be surprised if Flanno promotes some of the juniors.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Burns gone to the Sharks which is great news. Not a fan of his and hope he lines up against the Dragons next season. People want change in players and replacing him for Eisenhuth who is a far better defender is a good change.

It's small tweaks like that which will improve Saints. Looks like Flanno identified lazy defenders such and Burns and Musgrove and replaced them with Eisenhuth and Sele. He replaced Sulli with Kyle and hopefully this works out.

Dragon David

First Grade
I hope we still have 3 to come for 2024:
AFB
Dearden
Scott

Sulie to left edge forward. Or Leilua returns. We need to make some major changes if we want to move up the ladder.

1. Lomax
2. Young Junior
3. Scott
4 Suli
5 Ravalawa
6 Dearden
7 Flannagan
8 AFB - F Molo to the Warriors
9 Liddle
10 Lawrie
11 Leilua
12 Su'A
13 De Belin

Not a bad 13 and I'm sure coach Flanno will turn this lot into a great 13.

Hunt to Titans, F Molo to Warriors
Hi possm

Sorry to burst your bubble on Curtis Scott. The NRL powerbrokers have denied Scott returning to the NRL - please see below.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade

Big D-Russ 193cm and 103kg and just turning 28yrs old this month. Plagued by injuries all his career till now. Started to get some momentum back end of 2023 with Carry. Could easily play for another 4 to 6 years and start to rack up some FG. A late bloomer?

Is he Flannos Matt Prior ?

Matt was ok at Saints but went to a whole new level at the Sharks

Craig Fitzgibbon similar build height was ok at Dragons but then went on to be a gun at the Roosters as a middle forward lock / prop.

Fitzy and Prior had to fill out a bit around that 104kg ish to be able to handle week in week out in the middle.

Do u think Flanno sees a diamond in the rough that he can turn into a seriously good defensive edge backrower or maybe in the middle with D-Russ?

All 3 played centres early in their career. Moved to edge backrow utility then Fitzy and Prior mid 20s shifted more into the middle and it worked.

All the below could be edge backrowers in 2024 and Flanno has not talked too much about edge backrow as yet on his hitlist vs Prop, FB and half

Sua
Tom E
Bird
DRuss
Couchman Toby
Couchman Ryan
BMM

Last edited:
Burns gone to the Sharks which is great news. Not a fan of his and hope he lines up against the Dragons next season. People want change in players and replacing him for Eisenhuth who is a far better defender is a good change.

It's small tweaks like that which will improve Saints. Looks like Flanno identified lazy defenders such and Burns and Musgrove and replaced them with Eisenhuth and Sele. He replaced Sulli with Kyle and hopefully this works out.
Burns won’t line up against anyone unless mass injury toll

Inisai Toga

Juniors
nice post!

Big D-Russ 193cm and 103kg and just turning 28yrs old this month. Plagued by injuries all his career till now. Started to get some momentum back end of 2023 with Carry. Could easily play for another 4 to 6 years and start to rack up some FG. A late bloomer?

Craig Fitzgibbon similar build height was ok at Dragons but then went on to be a gun at the Roosters as a middle forward lock / prop.

Fitzy and Prior had to fill out a bit around that 104kg ish to be able to handle week in week out in the middle.

Do u think Flanno sees a diamond in the rough that he can turn into a seriously good defensive edge backrower or maybe in the middle with D-Russ?

All 3 played centres early in their career. Moved to edge backrow utility then Fitzy and Prior mid 20s shifted more into the middle and it worked.

All the below could be edge backrowers in 2024 and Flanno has not talked too much about edge backrow as yet on his hitlist vs Prop, FB and half

Sua
Tom E
Bird
DRuss
Couchman Toby
Couchman Ryan
BMM
nice post!

since77

Juniors

Sua
Tom E
Bird
DRuss
Couchman Toby
Couchman Ryan
BMM
I actually don’t mind Dan Russell being in the squad. Good work ethic and he’s solid. I think Flanno can get some value out of him next season. Will never be a superstar but far better value than some of the horrible retirement home forwards Griffin signed and played over the last few years.

possm

Coach
It’s seems that the formula of a side on the up is identifying 2 or 3 players in ur 17 that give u stats like a $600k player but cost $150k to compliment the recruitment of a few stars
Yes, salary cap balance is the key. Our opening 17 could be:
1. Lomax
2. Our best young winger during the off-season
3. Matt Feagai
4. Sulli - right-center
5. Ravalawa
6. Dearden
7. Hunt
8. AFB
9. Flannagan
10. Molo
11. Eisenhuth
12. Su'A
13. De Belin

14. Liddle
15. Lawrie
16. Sele
17. Couchman or Russell

A much-improved spine for 2024
1. Lomax
6. Dearden
7. Hunt
9. Flannagan

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
Not sure what you are smoking possum but there is zero chance of Deardon and/or AFB being at the dragons in 24.
Best case scenario is likely one of them in 25, and even that is very long odds..

Dragon David

First Grade
Not sure what you are smoking possum but there is zero chance of Deardon and/or AFB being at the dragons in 24.
Best case scenario is likely one of them in 25, and even that is very long odds..
Out of the two for 2025, I'm going for Dearden at better odds than AFB to be with us. AFB long odds to come to us now that he is being wooed by others.