What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2024 Squad List

rasaint

Juniors
Enjoy all the opinion on the 2024 makeup.

I hope Flanno gives the fast youngsters Tamale and Finau early opportunities. The backline desperately needs genuine speed to supplement Sloan ( if he is fullback).

Move Lomax into the forwards. He is fit and strong but he is not naturally endowed with sufficient speed to be a top level NRL centre or fullback. This is why despite other good abilities he will never make SOO selection in the centres imo. Add 5 Kg and run him at backrow or lock.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I think Jack will need to play a LOT better than the last year or 2 to be even given a First Grade spot, let alone trying to pick the position he wants to play in. At his best, Jack was a good centre, but his best was quite a while ago. Who knows? Maybe Flano can work miracles!

brissiedragon

Juniors
I think Jack will need to play a LOT better than the last year or 2 to be even given a First Grade spot, let alone trying to pick the position he wants to play in. At his best, Jack was a good centre, but his best was quite a while ago. Who knows? Maybe Flano can work miracles!
Surely any of the up and comers are better at centre than this arm grabbing imposter. He also had zero line breaks in 2023. He is the last thing we need at centre.

qld redvee

Juniors
can anyone give any info on hamish stewart and Jacob webster , they look pretty big guys in the training photo . very little info on them in the website, so wondering if any one knows more or have seen them play .. hopefully the progress into first graders thanks in advance

SEAT 1A

Bench
He was flat out getting on the field by the end of the season.

Good on Birdy for getting his body back in shape, we need him, however, would you replace a fully fit Bird for Lomax or Suli.

TheRev

First Grade
I think Jack will need to play a LOT better than the last year or 2 to be even given a First Grade spot, let alone trying to pick the position he wants to play in.
Hoping Flanno will learn quickly if he makes a mistake (not saying it is mind you).. its sort of similar to Hook with McCollough/Norman and co.. coached them in a certain position 5years ago, and assuming they can physically still do it.

Flanagan wont just bury his head in the sand however like Hook did.. I also think Hooks issue was letting Hunt select that side also... and Hunt does not have the skillset for leadership/coaching/selecting.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
can anyone give any info on hamish stewart and Jacob webster , they look pretty big guys in the training photo . very little info on them in the website, so wondering if any one knows more or have seen them play .. hopefully the progress into first graders thanks in advance

yeah Hamish Stewart highly regarded - end of 2027 contract. I have heard a few people say he is same weight height as Rylz at same age. I am not clear if he is a prop or lock or both but i sense in the middle. 8 games in the Ressies after SG Ball / Flegg finished in 2023. He ranged between 40 to 60mins which has him ready to play up again in 2024 you expect?

Webster only signed on at this stage to end of 2024......but that would be because the amount of props and backrowers between 18 to 20 yrs old that we have signed for the next year or two is very deep and well credentialed

a few of note that had time in ressies as young guys etc :

Hamish Stewart - 18/19yrs old? has played 5 games in ressies 2023​

Loko Jnr PASIFIKI TONGA - 18yrs old played two games in the ressies 2023​

Jett Liu - 19yrs old? and played 5 games in the ressies (prop) in 2023​

Jackson Shereb - 22yrs old in Feb 2024 has played 28 ressies games to date​

Viliami Fifita - 23yrs old in Jan 2024 has played 15/18 games in ressies in 2023​

Nicholas Tsougranis - 18 or 19yrs old? has played 8 games in ressies in 2023​

Alec Tuitavake - 23yrs old in March 2024 has played 15/32 games in ressies in 2023​

Joshua Coric - 22yrs old early 2024 and has played 7 ressie games (ACL reco 2023)​

** Dylan Egan - 18/19yrs old? second row and has played 6 games in ressies in 2023 and for me he could be the kid that half way through 2024 gets some minutes from interchange. He is absolute terrier and looks stronger. Very similar to Victor Radley height and weight and tenacity approx 95kgs. signed on till end of 2025​

Sione Finau - 13 games in ressies in 2023​

Savelio Tamale - 12 games in ressies at 18yrs of age in 2023 starting centre 10 games​

Lyhkan King-Togia - 19yrs old and played 3 games at halfback ressies (he won 2/3).Described as a 5/8 or lock but considered a great project to be a no9.​

qld redvee

Juniors
yeah Hamish Stewart highly regarded - end of 2027 contract. I have heard a few people say he is same weight height as Rylz at same age. I am not clear if he is a prop or lock or both but i sense in the middle. 8 games in the Ressies after SG Ball / Flegg finished in 2023. He ranged between 40 to 60mins which has him ready to play up again in 2024 you expect?

Webster only signed on at this stage to end of 2024......but that would be because the amount of props and backrowers between 18 to 20 yrs old that we have signed for the next year or two is very deep and well credentialed

Viliami Fifita - 23yrs old in Jan 2024 has played 15/18 games in ressies in 2023​

Alec Tuitavake - 23yrs old in March 2024 has played 15/32 games in ressies in 2023​

Joshua Coric - 22yrs old early 2024 and has played 7 ressie games (ACL reco 2023)​

** Dylan Egan - 18/19yrs old? second row and has played 6 games in ressies in 2023 and for me he could be the kid that half way through 2024 gets some minutes from interchange. He is absolute terrier and looks stronger. Very similar to Victor Radley height and weight and tenacity approx 95kgs. signed on till end of 2025​

Savelio Tamale - 12 games in ressies at 18yrs of age in 2023 starting centre 10 games​

Lyhkan King-Togia - 19yrs old and played 3 games at halfback ressies (he won 2/3).Described as a 5/8 or lock but considered a great project to be a no9.​

AG,
thankx for the info hopefully with the right coaching the guys will progress into first grade and be part of the squad for a few years ( hopefully more) we seem to have some size coming thru so fingers crossed once again thanks for the info

blacksafake

First Grade

Thanks for that.
From my limited knowledge & viewing I have liked the looks of Egan, Tui & Tsougranis

Dragon David

First Grade
Opinion is that Suli would not have re-signed with the Dragons if AFB wasn't coming. They are great mates and I hope that what I have said comes to fruition.

If this is going to happen, then I'd say that the fine details of the contract is currently being worked on and maybe it could be on the basis of a swap of a player?

Wait and see now.

Biglance

Bench
Opinion is that Suli would not have re-signed with the Dragons if AFB wasn't coming. They are great mates and I hope that what I have said comes to fruition.

If this is going to happen, then I'd say that the fine details of the contract is currently being worked on and maybe it could be on the basis of a swap of a player?

Wait and see now.
one other reason could be that the only other club showing interest was the tigers. he simply chose the offer that prolongs his career maybe?

i do hope you are right, agree suli is key to afb. I think if Suli was headed elsewhere we can put a definite line through afb

TheRev

First Grade
I think Suli's contract is completely independent of AFB.. he tested the market (fair enough) and seems happy with what we offered.

I dont think AFB has decided yet.. he will sit down with the 4 offers and I suppose his manager.. and will pick one.. or maybe the negotiation game keeps going on behind the scenes.

Dragon David

First Grade
I think Suli's contract is completely independent of AFB.. he tested the market (fair enough) and seems happy with what we offered.

I dont think AFB has decided yet.. he will sit down with the 4 offers and I suppose his manager.. and will pick one.. or maybe the negotiation game keeps going on behind the scenes.

TheRev

First Grade
What's interesting is that 3 of the 5 players we are targeting, are from NQLD.. now if we (or whoever) snag 1 or 2 of them.. surely the Cowboys will throw the extra money at whoever is left?

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
What's interesting is that 3 of the 5 players we are targeting, are from NQLD.. now if we (or whoever) snag 1 or 2 of them.. surely the Cowboys will throw the extra money at whoever is left?
I guess on the assumptions that Deano has some relationship with them from his time up there at NQ. Hard to know if any are real options as a big move lifestyle wise from Townsville to the Gong

Latest posts