What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

23,000 - Atmosphere Of 3,000

Pika

Bench
Agree on the cheerleaders.

Those at the game yesterday would have seen the ridiculous dancers in green shirts....

I could listen to the school choir belt out the anthem each week though, that was awesome.

That 'bred from tough' campaign is shocking. Years after the closure of the steel works and desperately trying to shrug the working class steel city image, a 'marketing' comapny comes up with that?

Karmawave

Bench
Agree on the cheerleaders.

Those at the game yesterday would have seen the ridiculous dancers in green shirts....

I could listen to the school choir belt out the anthem each week though, that was awesome.

That 'bred from tough' campaign is shocking. Years after the closure of the steel works and desperately trying to shrug the working class steel city image, a 'marketing' comapny comes up with that?

I like the Choir idea, but they might want to consider the mic placement in relation to the choirs best voices.

One girl yesterday dominated the singing, and well to be kind, she was just a bit off. :lol:

Apey

Staff member
Yeah, most of my mates at school go to the soccer but not the NRL... bunch of pansies tbh

I always cheer when we score and sh*t, but where I am, I would look like a monumental f**kwit if I started cheering randomly :lol: probably get told to sit down too

macavity

Referee
Yeah, most of my mates at school go to the soccer but not the NRL... bunch of pansies tbh

I always cheer when we score and sh*t, but where I am, I would look like a monumental f**kwit if I started cheering randomly :lol: probably get told to sit down too

which begs the question

why aren't you sitting with us.

Apey

Staff member
which begs the question

why aren't you sitting with us.

Maybe when I'm 18 ;-) My mum (we both have season passes) probably wouldn't 'approve' of it, or want to be left alone :p

Btw which one of you had that trumpet the on Sunday :lol:

macavity

Referee
trumpet was pretty cool huh? its just a pity he couldnt belt out the pink elephant dance for Wicks.

It was a new member. he will be there the rest of the year. I am on the (too small) drum, but we should have another drummer (with a proper drum too) along soon.

if we cant get people to be vocal, we will give them pounding headaches instead...

bring your mum along - we have some older members too - they sit down the front and just look back disapprovingly every now and then... haha

Karmawave

Bench
What are you on? All you do is complain. You weren't even there!

Good Grief, wake up to yourself.

What are you talking about idiot?

I was there at the game, and I watched the replay again today on Foxtel.

Neither showed any decent crowd noise whatsoever.

Goose.

Watching the Roosters v Manly game now, and their 22,000 crowd was making way more noise. And that sucks.

Last edited:

perverse

Referee
the new stand, for all it's virtues.. isn't helping either imo. i think the acoustics in the ground are shot to sh*t at the moment. the new stand on the western side will help with this.

Karmawave

Bench
the new stand, for all it's virtues.. isn't helping either imo. i think the acoustics in the ground are shot to sh*t at the moment. the new stand on the western side will help with this.

I agree with that, the acoustics aren't the best at all.

Maybe when the other stages finish up a bit and its a bit more "enclosed" the noise might reverberate around the place a bit more.

I tried. I really did. Even got told off by the one-off visitor in the row in front of me. But boy did they ever cop an ear full after that.

I'm sorry to say, I heard the Burrow from where I was, but no sign of the Crusade.