What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

23,000 - Atmosphere Of 3,000

Big Tim

First Grade
Agree, and no better place than the new seats near the Knights new changerooms?

Thats what I am campaigning for.

the players will no doubt know we are there, and it should grow numbers in the group because everybody wants interaction with the players....

Speaking of which, it was really good for the players to come over to us after the game. They get a big kick out of us singing the team song.

Big Tim

First Grade
Uhh, you do realise that I'm NOT nor have I ever questioned you or your commitment as a Knights fan? I was questioning your opinion that no-one else in the stadium other than Crusaders cheer for the Knights.

Show me where I said that???

The point I made is that I cant comment on the noise of other fans, or the Burrow for that matter because I am too busy cheering to take time to listen. If a chant does start, we join in. So again, I cant hear how "effective" others are at cheering.

Take that any way you will.

macavity

Referee
Thats what I am campaigning for.

the players will no doubt know we are there, and it should grow numbers in the group because everybody wants interaction with the players....

Speaking of which, it was really good for the players to come over to us after the game. They get a big kick out of us singing the team song.

plusses and minuses to that one. yes close to the players tunnel (and not looking in to the sun is a bonus too), but isolated from the bulk of the crowd on the eastern side, and even when redeveloped, the members wont pick up on our noise.

personal preference would be near middle of the eastern stand - but that probably wont happen.

something we have to think about - and talk to the club about.

roopy

Referee
The way the new stand thing is built you could hang banners at the back of it and they would stand out a lot.
the bad news is that the cameras are not pointing that way.

Serc

First Grade
fair dinkum Karma you would whinge if you won powerball and a sixteen year old virgin sat on your face....get a life and stop being the most negative person on the planet...if you want to go to the newc jets I will pay your membership provided you never set foot at a knights game or post on the forum again

:lol::crazy::lol:

gold!

Jobdog

Live Update Team
People "enjoy" watching a game of footy in a variety of ways. I don't think its up to anyone here to tell them that they're not doing the right thing if they're not yelling themselves hoarse for the full 80 minutes if that isn't what they want to do. In saying all of this, I suppose something needs to be done about the atmosphere and as has already been stated, a sure-fire way of doing that is to make the Knights "cool" again and get more people in the 15-24 age bracket attending games.

sneaky_is_here

Juniors
Ok.... dont ask why.

Do your best to change it.

I am sure you could hear the Burrow.... it was an away game and they recruited 3 times their numbers to sit near them.... its alot easier to do that at away games then at home. Ask any member of the Crusade, we always have more voices at away games.

not even close dude, infact it is alot less because Newcastle people do not travel, or in your case are unable to travel alot of the time.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Well, the A-league isn't in as much trouble as rugby league at this point in time, that's for sure.

Adsy

Juniors
Well, the A-league isn't in as much trouble as rugby league at this point in time, that's for sure.

The A-league owe atleast 90% of their success to the Socceroos making last years world cup.

Aloisi misses that penalty goal and the A-league goes no where REAL fast.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
The A-league owe atleast 90% of their success to the Socceroos making last years world cup.

Aloisi misses that penalty goal and the A-league goes no where REAL fast.
You're probably right, but he did and it is going places. Rugby league meanwhile is going backwards. Mind you, that was until SBW looks like taking legal action which could have serious ramifications across all codes.

Frederick

Staff member
While we're on the topic of A-league, I went to a match at EAS between the Jets and Sydney last year. For all those saying there's no atmosphere at RL games - it was hardly any different at the soccer. The only difference is the Jets have their few hundred squadron members who are constantly jumping up and down and chanting their chants. I was sitting over in the Western stand for that match and the crowd only really made noise when something was actually happening, which was very rare. If it weren't for groups like the Squadron, Cove, Marinators and all those other groups, A-League games would have less atmosphere than a black diamond AFL match!

Last edited: