What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

27th of May - Brisvegas....

funky_pineapple

Juniors
Zoidberg said:
I got my tix, section 620 or something. Way away from what i wanted. Too far from the field, damnit. Oh well.

They're still decent seats. Nearly everywhere at Suncorp is a decent seat. Trust me, I used to work there. I'm up that way in 601. At least there's no sun up there. The others will sweat their asses off in 317.

snapper

Juniors
Just got 2 tickets in Bay 317 row 3 seats 22-23. So it will be me and the missus plus my 3yr old young bloke on my lap.

Can't wait.

Johns-All-Day

Juniors
Only a week to go!!!

OK, here is the confirmed list according to this thread (plus seat section):

les norton - 317
stevo + 3 - 317
Johns-All-Day + 1 - 317
beckster05 + 1 - 317
poffosbiggestfan - 317
medievilknight - 317
daveserc + 2 - 319
Zoidberg - 620
foetus_head + 3 - 602
funky_pineapple - 601
snapper + 2 - 317

I know there are others who have said they are going or might be going, but I've kept the list to ones who have posted their seat numbers, to make it a bit less confusing. So if you're coming but I haven't listed you, please do post and add your name to the list! :)

Who is keen for drinks on the Saturday night, who is keen for lunch before the game, and who is keen for both? I'm up for both, definitely the lunch though. How bout the Caxton at 11am on Sunday? I know that's early (especially if we're hungover from the night before!), but it will give us time to have plenty of drinks and not have to worry about rushing to the game. Please give me your thoughts guys - I'm not saying this has to be a definite plan - just thinking out loud and seeking your thoughts / suggestions!

stevo

Juniors
Well JAD you know me, i'll be in for both too. Um, just one thing...looks like i'm going to the AFL on the Saturday night thou :oops: I'll def be going out for drinks after that if thats the plan thou.

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Whats the seven-day forecast looking like? Hot, cold (in Brisbane, I know :sarcasm:), rainy, sunny?

KniGhTs BaTTLeR

Juniors
I'll be there but i'm not sitting in the away teams part unfortunately. I'll try and get across though and say g'day. Me and my mates are goin out the night before aswell so i'll look for ya's and shout you all a beer.

Lunch on the Sunday round 11 ishhh at the Caxton sounds OK, not to sure at this point about the Saturday night tho. (Add Beckster + 1 and PBF as well )

stevo

Juniors
Poffosbiggestfan said:
Whats the seven-day forecast looking like? Hot, cold (in Brisbane, I know :sarcasm), rainy, sunny?

Well today is hot (well for this time of year). We haven't started our winter yet. We keep getting above average temps for this time of year. At one stage we were 10 above average :crazy: So prob still hot and sunny :(

snapper

Juniors
les norton said:
damn snapper...i think you are right in front of me! - you're not too tall are ya :)

HaHa,:lol: had to laugh Les. Yes I,m 6ft 6 so you may be a tad psychic. I have got poor posture though so you should be right:D

I'll try and talk the missus into getting over to the Caxton for lunch on the Sunday. Won't be able to head out for drinks as the young bloke struggles to get into most pubs so drinks at the motel for me.

Serc

First Grade
*puts weather nerd hat on* overnight and tomorrow things will dry out and cool down a fair bit here...I 'd say there will be a lot of "warm and sunny" for the rest of the week with the first serious period of cool nights coming up as well.

But most importantly - by Sat/Sun it looks like there'll be onshore winds again, maybe with a few showers on the coast but I'd put my bets on them not getting inland enough to affect the city.

beckster05

Juniors
KniGhTs BaTTLeR said:
Just remember leve 5 water restriction folks, so bring plenty of bottled water, hehe.

Thanks for that. Doesn't matter anyways I always bring plenty of my own water. Haha.
I am soo looking forward to this coming weekend. My friend Lauren tho is more excited as she's never been on a plane. Looking foward to catching up with you again Stevo and meeting everyone else. I'll be in for the Sunday lunch at the Caxton, not sure tho about the Saturday night tho.

Only 7 more sleeps till I'm in Brisbane. Yay :lol: :D

stevo

Juniors
Yeah the drinking water up here taste a bit dodgey too.......

It's going to be great to catch up with you guys again and hopefully meet a few others. Turning up to the Caxton in my Knights Jersey is going to be great. Might turn up in my Blues one if we win the Origin on Wednesday night. Not sure. Either way I'm sure it will be interesting.

Actually come to think of it. I don't think i've been to the Caxton in anything but my Blues or Knights Jerseys. No, i have....my Perth Glory jersey after the Glorty played the Roar. Hehe i get lots of nasty looks when ever i go there....

Serc

First Grade
Hmm this morning's light rain over Bris made a mockery of me...I didn't think it would've got further south than the Sunny Coast :p

Showers looking more likely for Sat-Sun now too.