What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB, ABC or Triple M, who do you listen to for your league coverage?

Which radio station do you listen to for your league coverage?

• 2GB

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Triple M

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • ABC

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Don't listen to league on the radio

Votes: 10 6.7%

• Total voters

thorson1987

Coach
What a disgrace. Sitting at wyong in the car looking for coverage of the 3pm game. Tried 2GO- swans, triple m- swans, newcastle fm stations-nothing. Finally found it on 702 ABC. But seriously no FM coverage of the NRL in NSW is just crap. They need to dump this exclusivity BS to proliferate coverage across as many stations as possible

triple m had the starting 20 mins or so and the final 20 or so with the gay ball in the middle for some inexplicable reason

Due to MMM having the rights to Swans game first, they have to put that shit on.

FMD MMM must be brain dead.
Sydney is an NRL town.
Must be Victorian management

Nope. Problem is they had their contract with the AFL in place before they signed up to NRL coverage. In Sydney they are legally obligated to carry all Swans games live regardless of what else is on.

Mr Saab

Referee
Andrew Moore and the ABC crew are the best to listen to. I cant cop Ginane's calling. Gets way way way too excited for things that are non events compared to his decibels.

Anthony Maroon is a good caller, i listen to him when he is on and swap between ABC and MMM

steggz

Juniors
What a disgrace. Sitting at wyong in the car looking for coverage of the 3pm game. Tried 2GO- swans, triple m- swans, newcastle fm stations-nothing. Finally found it on 702 ABC. But seriously no FM coverage of the NRL in NSW is just crap. They need to dump this exclusivity BS to proliferate coverage across as many stations as possible
If you're in Wyong, 92.5FM is the Central Coast frequency for ABC...

Brutus

Referee
Just heard that Triple M has just signed a 6 year deal to call every Swans and GWS game into Sydney PLUS Saturday night fumbleball.

I was under the impression that Triple M were hoping to end their association with AFL to concentrate on NRL. It appears they've gone in another direction. This is f**king pathetic.

The NRL needs to look at look at spreading its wings to another network. Keep Triple M but f**k this exclusivity bullshit for certain games and just go for the all in scenario.

The AFL must be paying Triple M to broadcast this shit into Sydney.

2SM already broadcast every Swans and GWS game. This mob will have a better radio presence in Sydney than NRL.

There is nothing worse than listening to the football on Triple M then they all of a sudden have to go to an AFL match.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Just heard that Triple M has just signed a 6 year deal to call every Swans and GWS game into Sydney PLUS Saturday night fumbleball.

I was under the impression that Triple M were hoping to end their association with AFL to concentrate on NRL. It appears they've gone in another direction. This is f**king pathetic.

The NRL needs to look at look at spreading its wings to another network. Keep Triple M but f**k this exclusivity bullshit for certain games and just go for the all in scenario.

2SM already broadcast every Swans and GWS game. This mob will have a better radio presence in Sydney than NRL.

There is nothing worse than listening to the football on Triple M then they all of a sudden have to go to an AFL match.

Heard it as well. don't care what they do because I just won't listen to it. But yes the Nrl need to end the exclusivity and go for extensive coverage rather than an exclusive deal with a bit extra money. same situation the Central Coast, none of the Fm commercial stations carry Nrl calls but you can tune into any south Melbourne or Canberra giants game on 2Go. Absolutely diabolical and the station must bleed listeners during the broadcast so I can only assume the cash is going towards the station to call it

The Undertaker

Juniors

vote with the tuning dial people.
you'd think they'd realise by now that Sydney is an NRL town.
Particularly since they have MG and Johns on what would be their best rating " flagship" show, The grill team, in the morning

Brutus

Referee
They are even broadcasting Saturday night fumbleball into Sydney which could involve non-Sydney teams.
Nobody in Sydney is going to listen to that shit letalone Swans and Giants games.
I really like Triple M's NRL coverage and was hoping they would go exclusively with rugby league. f**king GWS games as well. Who gives a rats arse about them.
Oh and f**k 2GB.

insert.pause

First Grade
Gotta wonder how the AFL manages to con NSW/QLD media into believing people give a shit about the stupid game despite all indications to the contrary. Obviously they have no choice if they want the rights in the southern states, but in doing so they take the NRL rights for granted in NSW/QLD. All comes back to the NRL failing to assert itself and they probably feel they can't because they know the clubs won't back them, for whatever petty reason.

Latest posts