What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB, ABC or Triple M, who do you listen to for your league coverage?

Which radio station do you listen to for your league coverage?

• 2GB

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • Triple M

Votes: 74 49.3%
  • ABC

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Don't listen to league on the radio

Votes: 10 6.7%

• Total voters

Incorrect

Coach
Gee that Anthony Maroon likes to put shit on the game.

Woeful commentary tonight from Watmough and Maroon.

f**k off Maroon if you don't like it.

I was at Wenty Leagues about a month ago on a Tuesday night for a family birthday dinner and I'm sure it was Maroon they had MC'ing their huge members raffle giveaway....he reads out the prize winner names and does the countdown for them to come and claim the prize if they're in the club etc.... and between draws, he was spruiking upcoming events at the club and the Angels were due to play there in coming weeks... so he says "Make sure you check out the Angels everyone, great Aussie rock with Doc Neeson and the boys".... :oops:

On the topic of the thread, I'm a Grandstander all the way, have been for about 10 years. Hadley and Co used to drive me mental talking so much nonsense. I can't believe it took me so long to discover the ABC coverage, I wasted so much time listening to the CCT.

But, like others have mentioned there are drawbacks with the likes of Shannon Byrne when she was on there.... she's completely useless in any broadcasting role courtesy of the way she continuously says "ah" when she speaks... A sentence from her will often go something like this - "And ah the ah Raiders, well they're ah looking to become ah the first team from ah the ah nations capital to ah make a Finals appearance since ah the ah team David Furner ah led to the ah Finals in ah 2010...." She sounds like Tony "Ah" Abbot. Maybe she wants a role in the Allianz TV ads....

I haven't heard her on much lately, does she still have a gig on Grandstand in the first couple of hours? I usually tune in around an hour before the games start and miss a lot of the midday - 2pm stuff...

RoosTah

Juniors
I listen to Triple M - the weekends tends to be best though. The Grill Team boys can be good and painful in equal measure though. Whenever they talk politics I cringe and I have to turn it off when they bring the News ltd stooges in. This morning in particular was just too much - all of them carrying on like it was the end of the f**king world over the NRL deal.

Johns, Geyer and Gus all need to find a pair of balls and take a deep breath.

aads

Juniors
The Grill team is a little too scripted in character for me - i like it when they talk NRL but Gus' "character" annoys me more than the reactions from the other two make me laugh. MG is a good guy but every time he has to read something out to be "man of the people". And yes politics is way above what this show is about - when they suck up to the Liberals constantly - wonder what MG really thinks of that?

Like Triple M on the weekend - except for those adverts on a constant LOOP (M-taxi, Harvey Norman.)

Saturday NRL's only leading light is Girds - HOOPS and Squires think they are above everyone else and Dell is a bit of a dolt.

Sunday is a lot better with the chat and then the game

MacDougall

First Grade
I love the Triple M NRL coverage. The Monday night coverage is always hilarious. They seem pissed most of the time.

insert.pause

First Grade
Triple M with all it's foxsports/telegraph hacks are running the News Corp line. Triplem should be taking note, if the NRL will walk away from foxtel, triplem is nothing in comparison.

chigurh

Triple M is a mixed bag.

Ryan Girdler is fantastic but not on often enough, Dan Ginnane is generally good and Sterlo is a class act as always.

But then there's Andrew Johns (immature w@nka), Matt Johns (sensationalist f**kwit), Kent (little dweeb & News stooge) and Tallis (dumb as dog shit).

Brutus

Referee
Triple M is a mixed bag.

Ryan Girdler is fantastic but not on often enough, Dan Ginnane is generally good and Sterlo is a class act as always.

But then there's Andrew Johns (immature w@nka), Matt Johns (sensationalist f**kwit), Kent (little dweeb & News stooge) and Tallis (dumb as dog shit).

Good summary.

New Division

Juniors
Triple M is a mixed bag.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Brutus

Referee
Triple M needs to f**k Sailor off and replace him with Paul Langmack.

Would love to hear Langers on one of these shows.

cleary89

Coach
Driving to and from golf this arvo it was great being able to listen to the footy on mmm. Forgot how much I missed it.

axe&smash&crush

Juniors
- Liked wok and morrow on ABC, sadly that's over. Elliot and co doesn't do it for me
- 2GB has been awful been years

Enjoy triple m most of the time