What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB: Johns gets downgrade

Gene Krupa

Referee
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Wish they set a precident.
Greg Bird kneed someone got 10 weeks and a precident was set. Morley does something worse and gets something like 7 weeks.
Johns can go off at the ref and gets two weeks, what would happen if it was to be a Sharks player?

Cry me a river sook!

Nothing was worse than the Bird knee on an unprotected player! Get over yourself! Enjoy another season of choking!

lucablight

First Grade
I wonder if he would have been downgraded if it had happened earlier in the season which means it wouldn't have affected his finals chances.

innsaneink

Referee
vippo19 said:
Haha, take that doubters :fist:

:? Take what?

You sound almost victorious....guess what, he still misses two games.

Not surprising at all really, they both met in the middle, though its about right imo...4 weeks was over the top.

Alex28

Coach
lucablight said:
I wonder if he would have been downgraded if it had happened earlier in the season which means it wouldn't have affected his finals chances.
I wonder if he would have been downgraded if he (or to be more exact his manager) didn't bluff the NRL into thinking he might just leave the whole competition?

mickdo

Coach
Holla if ya hear me said:
Come on mickdo and lockyNo1..get your asses in her you pair of wankers.@ weeks is just right..case proven and judged..now piss off
I started the thread you moron :lol:

poita

Juniors
Sucked in f**k wits,Johns got off.ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.This must of really got on alot of peoples nerves.Face it he is bigger than the game.

Master Vippo

Juniors
innsaneink said:
:? Take what?

You sound almost victorious....guess what, he still misses two games.

Not surprising at all really, they both met in the middle, though its about right imo...4 weeks was over the top.

I know, but there were crazy folkes out there saying he deserved even more. 2 weeks means he'll be there week one finals time, which is the best result, so yeah, thats as good as a victory.

Gene Krupa

Referee
skeepe said:
What a joke.

In one fell swoop, the NRL judiciary have given the green light for players to abuse officials. They are the jokes here, along with Johns whose image will be forever tarnished.

Just look at the way Johns has handled himself:

Calls a touchie a "f**king merkin"
Refuses to apologise
Claims the touchie should apologise to him
Gives the media the "two-fingered salute"
Gets his manager to claim he'll take his bat and ball and go home if he's suspended for 4 matches
Gives a false apology (he claimed he never would, right?)
Gets downgraded

f**k me dead. When I used to think Andrew Johns, I would think of a flawed genius. After the way he has conducted himself over this issue, I now think of a smarmy little merkin who think's he's bigger than the game. He will go down in history as one of the most talented yet least loved players to ever play the game.

Andrew Johns thinks he is bigger than the game - and the judiciary agreed. What a sad, sad day for the sport. All you whinging, bitching, moaning Newcastle cretins get your way. Your merkin of a captain will be back for the finals. Well at least you'll have nobody to blame when you get towelled in week 1 and head on out the back door, where most of you love to take it.

stfu_pansy_kid.jpg

BWNB

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
Cry me a river sook!

Nothing was worse than the Bird knee on an unprotected player! Get over yourself! Enjoy another season of choking!

Enjoy the Storm or the Dogs :LOL:
I say you will loose by 20 and Johns will Storm off with 15 mins to go

skeepe

Immortal
Johns Magic said:
:lol:

Have a cry Skeepe, you loser.

I would hate to be a referee in the Newcastle district, that's all I'm saying. Especially considering their role model, Andrew Johns, gets away with abusing a touch judge using the most foul and derogatory language known to man.

And you people actually DEFEND this? Scum. Absolute scum. No that's not true, scum is too good for you.

Cletus

First Grade
Alex28 said:
I wish you whinging bitches would get it right.

He said "F**k you, merkin"

In the words of TISM - He might be a merkin, but he's not a f***ing merkin...

And yet he comes out and says he didn't direct it at anyone:roll: . Two weeks, whatever. But Johns doesn't come out of this looking good. I just can't believe that two days ago he thought Cecchin should apologise to Johns, and now he's very apologetic and contrite.

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
The NRL were never gone to take the chance that Johns really would leave over this incident. It would hurt them too much, and at the exact time when they need good press the most. The moment that it was insinuated that Johns would leave if given four weeks, they basically were forced into a situation where if they stood by their guns, Johns could use the media to destroy them in return.

Copping out, under the circumstances, was not cowardly - it was sensible. It just wasn't worth it, bringing Johns to heel only to leave the game vulnerable to rival codes and media bashing.

Latest posts