What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB: Johns gets downgrade

Alex28

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Who cares they will lose every game and finish 7th or 8th and get smashed by Melbourne or the Dogs week 1 of the finals! Joke of a decison!
LOL...thats f**king rich coming from a Broncos fan. You have your superstar and can't win a game!

Pot. Kettle. Black...

BWNB

First Grade
Wish they set a precident.
Greg Bird kneed someone got 10 weeks and a precident was set. Morley does something worse and gets something like 7 weeks.
Johns can go off at the ref and gets two weeks, what would happen if it was to be a Sharks player?

Ron Jeremy

Coach
It's a joke, what was his angle for getting it reduced? let me guess!, he swore at the corner post...not an offical, and they brought it lol

Look what im pissed of about is fair enough he deserved a suspension imo, but the way it was downgraded has left a bad feeling in my stomach, when you consider Hoppa got 7 weeks a couple of years back for something similar, i think the judiciary has alot to answer for, i mean, how the f**k can swearing be downgraded when on appeal? it's black and white, it's not like a high tackle where different angles come to different conclusions.

They were always going to reduce the sentence, thats my opinion anyway.

skeepe

Immortal
What a joke.

In one fell swoop, the NRL judiciary have given the green light for players to abuse officials. They are the jokes here, along with Johns whose image will be forever tarnished.

Just look at the way Johns has handled himself:

Calls a touchie a "f**king merkin"
Refuses to apologise
Claims the touchie should apologise to him
Gives the media the "two-fingered salute"
Gets his manager to claim he'll take his bat and ball and go home if he's suspended for 4 matches
Gives a false apology (he claimed he never would, right?)
Gets downgraded

f**k me dead. When I used to think Andrew Johns, I would think of a flawed genius. After the way he has conducted himself over this issue, I now think of a smarmy little merkin who think's he's bigger than the game. He will go down in history as one of the most talented yet least loved players to ever play the game.

Andrew Johns thinks he is bigger than the game - and the judiciary agreed. What a sad, sad day for the sport. All you whinging, bitching, moaning Newcastle cretins get your way. Your merkin of a captain will be back for the finals. Well at least you'll have nobody to blame when you get towelled in week 1 and head on out the back door, where most of you love to take it.

Alex28

Coach
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Wish they set a precident.
Greg Bird kneed someone got 10 weeks and a precident was set. Morley does something worse and gets something like 7 weeks.
Johns can go off at the ref and gets two weeks, what would happen if it was to be a Sharks player?
Er...didn't a precident just get set?

Missa

Juniors
righto decision has been made..and a bloody fantastic one it was...now lets move on...even i am sick of hearing about all this johns talk.......life does go on!!!!!

Master Vippo

Juniors
skeepe said:
What a joke.

In one fell swoop, the NRL judiciary have given the green light for players to abuse officials.

No they havent. If you abuse officials you will be suspended. Punishment probably fits the crime i'd say.

Alex28

Coach
skeepe said:
I wish you whinging bitches would get it right.

He said "F**k you, merkin"

In the words of TISM - He might be a merkin, but he's not a f***ing merkin...

Johns Magic

Referee
skeepe said:
What a joke.

In one fell swoop, the NRL judiciary have given the green light for players to abuse officials. They are the jokes here, along with Johns whose image will be forever tarnished.

Just look at the way Johns has handled himself:

Refuses to apologise
Claims the touchie should apologise to him
Gives the media the "two-fingered salute"
Gets his manager to claim he'll take his bat and ball and go home if he's suspended for 4 matches
Gives a false apology (he claimed he never would, right?)
Gets downgraded

f**k me dead. When I used to think Andrew Johns, I would think of a flawed genius. After the way he has conducted himself over this issue, I now think of a smarmy little merkin who think's he's bigger than the game. He will go down in history as one of the most talented yet least loved players to ever play the game.

Andrew Johns thinks he is bigger than the game - and the judiciary agreed. What a sad, sad day for the sport. All you whinging, bitching, moaning Newcastle cretins get your way. Your merkin of a captain will be back for the finals. Well at least you'll have nobody to blame when you get towelled in week 1 and head on out the back door, where most of you love to take it.

:lol:

Have a cry Skeepe, you loser.

BWNB

First Grade
Alex28 said:
Er...didn't a precident just get set?

Errr no not really, Yes he did get punished but if it were anyone but Johns how long would they get?

jamesgould

Juniors
skeepe said:
What a joke.

In one fell swoop, the NRL judiciary have given the green light for players to abuse officials.

Well, as long as they don't mind being suspended for two weeks, anyway.

jamesgould

Juniors
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Errr no not really, Yes he did get punished but if it were anyone but Johns how long would they get?

The same ... that's what the word precident means.

Master Vippo

Juniors
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:

Probably nothing ala A. Quinn and every other bloke that does at without a touchie having a cry...

Nickeel

Juniors
jamesgould said:
Well, as long as they don't mind being suspended for two weeks, anyway.

Is it actually two weeks?

He was originally suspended for two weeks; the loading took it to three.

Anyone who know decides to verbally abuse a ref should expect no more than a week, base penalty.

Top work, NRL.

Nick

Latest posts