What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB: Johns gets downgrade

Azkatro

First Grade
I feel like going up to Darren Britt and co on the NRL judiciary, pointing at them and screaming "F*** YOU, C***S!!!!!!!!!!!"

jamesgould

Juniors
Nickeel said:
Is it actually two weeks?

He was originally suspended for two weeks; the loading took it to three.

Anyone who know decides to verbally abuse a ref should expect no more than a week, base penalty.

Top work, NRL.

Nick

That is true. And someone else asked if it had happened during the season would it have been down-graded - I doubt it, but finals, tests and Origins always count for more in suspensions - probably the way it should be.

The real question is if he hadn't had the loading, would the sentence have been reduced, and personally I doubt it. But it's there for all now, 1 week for abusing match officials. Hopefully it works and players stop doing it, as much as I wanted Johns to be able to play in the finals, treating refs and touchies like that just makes their job harder, and isn't the sort of thing I like to see on the footy field.

Johns Magic

Referee
jamesgould said:
From the person who said this in another thread:

Great call. :roll:

Clearly I said that to piss that Brooksy bloke off, and it worked.

Hurri's carrying on like Johns is his mortal enemy. It's quite amusing.

fulltime

Juniors
Originally Posted by Johns Magic
Haha, gotta love it when people make comments like that. What a petty life you must lead

From the person who said this in another thread:

Funny, that's exactly what I said when Benji dislocated his shoulder again

that's what I call getting owned :lol:

Gene Krupa

Referee
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Enjoy the Storm or the Dogs :lol:
I say you will loose by 20 and Johns will Storm off with 15 mins to go

Atleast we'll have the chance. What will your guys be doing? Crying about ANOTHER season of choking? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alex28

Coach
BlaC_WIte_"N"_BlUE said:
Enjoy the Storm or the Dogs :LOL:
I say you will loose by 20 and Johns will Storm off with 15 mins to go
Ha!

Enjoy Mad Monday while we are still training...

Why are you guys still in the competition?

What is it with fans of truly awful teams sledging the Knights?

Johns Magic

Referee
skeepe said:
I would hate to be a referee in the Newcastle district, that's all I'm saying. Especially considering their role model, Andrew Johns, gets away with abusing a touch judge using the most foul and derogatory language known to man.

And you people actually DEFEND this? Scum. Absolute scum. No that's not true, scum is too good for you.

I never defended him, I knew he was in the wrong the whole time.

It's just funny that you seem to care more about Johns' suspension than Newcastle fans do. Get over it.

BWNB

First Grade
skeepe said:
I would hate to be a referee in the Newcastle district, that's all I'm saying. Especially considering their role model, Andrew Johns, gets away with abusing a touch judge using the most foul and derogatory language known to man.

And you people actually DEFEND this? Scum. Absolute scum. No that's not true, scum is too good for you.

Can't agree more, i guess they are bred like that up that way...

salivor

First Grade
I don't know what Knights fans are getting so excited about, Newcastle will still lose the next 2 matches without him, finish either 7th or 8th and even with Johns in the side will get dicked by either the Doggies or Storm. The season's still over.

Azkatro

First Grade
innsaneink said:
:? Take what?

You sound almost victorious....guess what, he still misses two games.

Not surprising at all really, they both met in the middle, though its about right imo...4 weeks was over the top.
The thing I think a lot of people are forgetting is that it wasn't a 4 week suspension but a 3 week suspension, it was only prior loading that took it to 4 wasn't it? If he got downgraded to level 2, wouldn't that take it from 4 to 3 weeks with his loading anyway?

Or did he get downgraded to level 1 ????

wounded magpie

Juniors
Channel 9 will now roll out their propoganda promoting him as a good bloke.

Matty Johns defence of his brother wil be something:roll:

katestar676

Juniors
Maybe its just me but won't it make the semis more exciting knowing that johns will be there? How boring would it have been to watch the knights in the semis without him. Love him or hate him id rather watch an exciting game in the semis rather then a one sided match.

fulltime

Juniors
wounded magpie said:
Channel 9 will now roll out their propoganda promoting him as a good bloke.

Matty Johns defence of his brother wil be something:roll:

how funny would it be if as his is introduced and walks out the crowd just sits there in silence.

BWNB

First Grade
Gene Krupa said:
Atleast we'll have the chance. What will your guys be doing? Crying about ANOTHER season of choking? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You continue to think that. Why would you wanna play Melbourne in Melbourne. Havn't been beaten all season and i can't see the Knights getting closeto them.

lockyno1

Post Whore
salivor said:
I don't know what Knights fans are getting so excited about, Newcastle will still lose the next 2 matches without him, finish either 7th or 8th and even with Johns in the side will get dicked by either the Doggies or Storm. The season's still over.

Gosh can only hope!:lol:

I think, whether the punishment of 3 weeks is fair or not, that Andrew Johns being able to downgrade it proves that he IS bigger than the NRL. None of us can doubt he is the best player in the world, possibly ever. But I will not support Newcastle in any game anymore because of him, and sadly so, I will look forward to the day he retires.

A Champion player, but an EXTREMELY bad sport. Something I thought Australians were known for. Well, we used to be.

To those (Knights supporters) saying 'woo hoo sucked in ETC' I think it's a shame you've let your faith in your team go past decency. It's a pity you cannot even acknowledge what he did was wrong. Obviously you're happy his suspension is less than initially predicted, but to not acknowledge his actions were plain out wrong just says a lot about Novocastrians and Knight supporters in general.

salivor

First Grade
katestar676 said:
Maybe its just me but won't it make the semis more exciting knowing that johns will be there? How boring would it have been to watch the knights in the semis without him. Love him or hate him id rather watch an exciting game in the semis rather then a one sided match.

It's still going to be one-sided, they couldn't even beat Manly at home (not to mention Manly were coming off the bye), they're in big trouble if they have to travel to play the Dogs or Storm.

Latest posts