What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2GB: Johns gets downgrade

lockyno1

Post Whore
What has the Sharks got to do with this? In the end you'll end up finishing 7th or 8th and say goodbye first week of the finals. I know brisbane will come down there as well but the point is you are screwed anyway.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Johns gets two-match suspension

The Newcastle Knights captain Andrew Johns has had a charge for swearing downgraded by the National Rugby League (NRL) judiciary to two matches.

Johns pleaded guilty to swearing at a touch judge in last Friday night's match against Manly, but avoided a four-week suspension with a successful appeal against the severity of the charge.

He told tonight's hearing that he has sent a letter to the touch judge involved in which he apologises unreservedly.

The former Australian captain will now miss his club's final two regular season games, but will be free to play for the Knights in the finals.

http://www.abc.net.au/sport/content/200608/s1716737.htm

The real question is can the genius get them to the title from 7th or 8th? If it was anyone else you would say no way! But this is Joey - the Wally Lewis of his generation. I can't wait!

bluesbreaker

Bench
Hurriflatch said:
hope Johns does his knee in his next game

the little snot

Hope you have a fatal car accident tomorrow :).

This place is going to be quite funny for a few days. Good decision with the downgrade, stupidity on Johns' part for mouthing off.

Onan is of course correct (as Orwell was) - sport is war without thenweapons. And more power to it! If Israel and the USA played league perhaps they wouldn't need to get their thrills by killing innocent people.

By the way I also called the linesman the phrase as Joey did when I watched the incident live. I am sure both Joey and I were correct. Does anyone really think that it wasn't knocked on? Two weeks for telling the truth- seems a bit harsh.

Matt C from Darwin - are you anywhere out there? Your Bronco's are cactus brother!

shane1970

Juniors
Ice777 said:
The NRL judiciary are a disgrace and now a laughing stock to every other sporting body in Australia. I've always been of the opinion that no player is ever bigger than the game but it seems like that doesn't apply to A. Johns. The bottom line is that if it was ANY other player other than him then there's no chance in hell it would've been downgraded :roll:
And I wander what your response would be if the GREAT JOEY JOHNS was playing for the MEXICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WWWWWOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Y2Eel

First Grade
Alex28 said:
LOL...thats f**king rich coming from a Broncos fan. You have your superstar and can't win a game!

Pot. Kettle. Black...

As i see it the broncos and the knights are on the same comp points....

:crazy:

Pantherjim. said:
He does deserve more than two weeks...

They should have thrown the book at him.

No offence to Newcastle fans, but I really don't give a f*ck if a 4 week Joey suspension mean't that you would miss the finals. Joey himself should have thought about that before losing his self control and deciding to abuse a match official. More importantly, your boys should have learn't to play without him by now.

Unfortunately, he himself and his manager decided to pull this little childish, infantile sooky four-year old routine saying that "he would be off to England" should the N.R.L. give him more than two weeks, and the N.R.L. judiciary bought his little tantrum hook, line and sinker.

It's a sad day for the sport when one player is considered bigger than the game itself.
Ohhhhhh please..weve been over n over this.just bring your attitude to newcastle in 2 weeks time.you should be thanking your lucky stars that johns isnt going to be playing otherwise the score would be anything.Now you in with a real show unless jarrod Mullen proves to be the next best thing.
Johns NEVER said he was going to leave

chinorocks

Juniors
salivor said:
Please share with us recent Joey-less Newcastle results. Can't wait till you wake up to reality. At least I can admit my team's season is over.

Please share with me the recent Broncos results irrespective of whose playing??? Oh thats right the form reads something like this LOSS, LOSS, LOSS, LOSS...hmm playing the Dogs and Parra in the next 2 weeks...I smell another LOSS, LOSS.

I wouldn't get to excited because you'll be in the bottom 2 aswell clown.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Jeremy got 4 weeks for pushing a ref 2 weeks for swearing seems about right...
You couldnt give him the same as pushing a ref could you? on one hand you could set a precedent:

Abusing a ref verbally or physically you cop a 4 week ban doesnt matter how much or how little you say or how much you touch a ref...

salivor

First Grade
chinorocks said:
Please share with me the recent Broncos results irrespective of whose playing??? Oh thats right the form reads something like this LOSS, LOSS, LOSS, LOSS...hmm playing the Dogs and Parra in the next 2 weeks...I smell another LOSS, LOSS.

I wouldn't get to excited because you'll be in the bottom 2 aswell clown.

Hence why I wrote:
salivor said:
At least I can admit my team's season is over.
You know that bit that you actually quoted, helps if you actually read what your quoting before posting and making a fool of yourself. Thank you, please come again dumbarse.

fulltime

Juniors
Y2Eel said:
Jeremy got 4 weeks for pushing a ref 2 weeks for swearing seems about right...
You couldnt give him the same as pushing a ref could you? on one hand you could set a precedent:

Abusing a ref verbally or physically you cop a 4 week ban doesnt matter how much or how little you say or how much you touch a ref...

can we get this right.

johns has now been given 1 week for this. not 2.

the second week is because of the carryover of 93 points.

Alex28

Coach
Y2Eel said:
As i see it the broncos and the knights are on the same comp points...
Yeah...all over the point of that comment aren't you champ?

Broncos - lost their last 5, have the Bulldogs and Eels coming up.

Broncos Fans - have no place bagging us about not winning...

Y2Eel

First Grade
fulltime said:
can we get this right.

johns has now been given 1 week for this. not 2.

the second week is because of the carryover of 93 points.

alright 1(should be 2) week still it isnt as bad as pushing a ref i guess....

shane1970

Juniors
skeepe said:
What a joke.

Well at least you'll have nobody to blame when you get towelled in week 1 and head on out the back door, where most of you love to take it.
Sounds like you've been spending way too much time near the back door by the way the CRAp is coming through your fingers CRETIN.
And week 1 is looking a lot more like team heading to your back door than ours.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Alex28 said:
Yeah...all over the point of that comment aren't you champ?

Broncos - lost their last 5, have the Bulldogs and Eels coming up.

Broncos Fans - have no place bagging us about not winning...

so what they could suprise us all in the next 2 weeks they almost beat the storm last week...

yeah hows your form again?:lol: