What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2ND ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lord's Jul 18-22, 2013

BunniesMan

Immortal
He has 11 innings already, how many chances does he need. BTW, in his 11 innings he has a worse average and strike rate than even Cowan.

Usman has a Poultry average of only 29.2 and his strike rate is less than cowans. That alone suggest he is one dimensional. Happy to be proven wrong but i don't have great confidence in him.
You're so wrong. Unlike Cowan, Khawaja has never had an extended run in the test side. Of course his stats might be unflattering when he has been stuffed around by selectors.

Now here he should get 4 consecutive tests and we will see if he can convert talent into runs.

Regardless of the result he has a truckload more potential than Cowan.

JW

Coach
LOL 11 innings.

A massive sample size indeed!

Steve Waugh was hopeless for about 30 tests ... I reckon he turned out alright.

Give the kid a real go. Not 11 innings.

Yep.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but pretty sure Uzi hasn't played consecutive Tests either. Cowan on the other hand has had 18 straight or something like that.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Since when did Daniel Vettori play for Australia? :?
:lol:
Harris = Harry = Potter

If I was keeper, Harris would get a "Bowling, Potter" after every delivery.
On a serious note is there a more punchable face than Trott in world cricket!
Most certainly not. I hate his style and I hate his appearance and I hate everything about him.

Shits me more than any other bloke in the pom team.

LOL 11 innings.

A massive sample size indeed!

Steve Waugh was hopeless for about 30 tests ... I reckon he turned out alright.

Give the kid a real go. Not 11 innings.

Pfft...excuses excuses.

Chris Rogers and others have been marched after a couple of innings. And comparing Usman to Waugh lol...

Easy to say he has 11 innings, they were in about 3 or 4 different test series though. England, Sri Lanka, NZ in his last and maybe South Africa where we got bowled out for 40. Albeit that was when Hussey and Ponting were in the team so it's understandable he wasn't a regular but When you're in and out of the team it's harder to settle down. Cowan has had a consistent run for 2 years and not produced consistently enough.

I'd like to see him get a settled run and then properly judge him.

Fair enough but a few Usman failures might cost us or contribute to losing the ashes series. Anyways time will tell...

Pete Cash

Post Whore
That was a real shit over from Siddle. Bairstow could have hit another couple of fours if his placement was better.