What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lords, July 16-20, 2009

TimmyB

Juniors
Yep, Johnson has really cruelled our chances. Watching the first session of the test, England were 0/7 from four overs. Then Johnson lost the plot and they were 0/40 in no time. Really set the tone for the match imo.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
Did those bagging the Pommy bowlers actually watch the Cricket last night? They were fantastic. Sure there was some poor shot selection at times, but you can't discount the pressure that was being exerted on our bats. North in particular was absolutely strangled - didn't score a run in half an hour at the crease.

I was actually quite impressed by Broad last night. When he bowls line and length he gets a bit of bounce and is quite hard to score off. He really deserved his two wickets last night, even if they were from poor shots.

I agree. I think the same people who just assumed we would continue on our way from the first test. The thing about cricket is it only takes a guy like KP or Strauss to stand up and England have a massive total, and then it only takes a few good balls and Australia are 3 for whatever.

Flintoff is daylight the best bowler in the series. Anderson is second best as well. They bowled well yesterday, early on they bowled full.

Broads okay, nothing special but bowled well at times yesterday. Onions i dont thinks terrific. In saying that Johnson and Siddle have shown nothing in the first two tests erally.

As mentioned elsewhere, Johnson has played a huge part in us being where we are. His poor bowling was a huge factor in us not winning the first test, and a huge factor in us letting England get to where they are here. B

Ridders

Coach
Agreed that Flintoff has been terrific, cannot believe he is retiring from Test cricket. I guess we are paying the price for not having a 4th quick in our attack with Mitch struggling. Siddle is decent but having him as your no.2 option is usually not a good sign.

TheParraboy

Staff member
all out 215

siddle 35

poms batting again with 210 lead, they will look to bat till after lunch tomorrow id say

If Johnson can bowl well we are half a chance in this test, he bowls rubbish, we are gonski.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Best result for Australis imo, the pitch is not bad at all, so we should not worry about chasing 550-600 to win on this deck.

nadera78

Juniors
Awful decision by Strauss. If you put Australia back in then they are forced to bat for three days, you're basically putting them in a position where they are fighting to save the test. By going in England run the risk of being bowled cheaply and then Australia having two days to score the required runs.

Although, as I type this Johnson is opening the bowling!

lockyno1

Post Whore
Awful decision by Strauss. If you put Australia back in then they are forced to bat for three days, you're basically putting them in a position where they are fighting to save the test. By going in England run the risk of being bowled cheaply and then Australia having two days to score the required runs.

Although, as I type this Johnson is opening the bowling!

Flintoff is England's ace, and he'd have a big say. If he was buggered and it looked like it as he did not bowle today, there is no way you'd enforce it!

Ensane

Juniors
this is painful to watch..Aus really need a bowler who can just tie one end down..someone like clark. To be fair tho, Eng hav had all the luck with the conditions in this game.

aussies1st

Staff member
They might have had the conditions but the key is them having 2 bowlers that have gone for less than 3 an over. We don't even have 1 atm.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Our attack would have taken 6/50 yesterday, it was the most difficult day to bat for years, heck Jimmy Anderson got 4 wickets!

TheParraboy

Staff member
Sorry McGilla, I fail to see how rodney hogg is a funny man? looks like an old pair of leather boots and sounds like it as well

Latest posts