What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lords, July 16-20, 2009

TheParraboy

Staff member
haurie gets cooky from his first ball after lunch, i almost fell off my chair

bitter sweet there for you locky

Captain BF

Juniors
I thought the catch was a a catch by Hauritz.

Johnson is bowling the worst i have seen anyone bowl in a test. No control, pace or confidence. He doesn't know where they are going.

Ensane

Juniors
yeah hadds is always good for few extra sundries. Manou with the gloves and hadds with the bat would be ideal

If this weather sticks around and Andrew Strauss wants to bat for 1-2 sessions tomorrow this will be another draw. Would help if the Aussies learnt to bat at some point too, that 1st Innings was embarrassing!

aussies1st

Staff member
We should be able to save it if we bat sensibly so not likely. All I can say is the weather better not change again and leave us with overcast conditions.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Poms should bat another 70-80 minutes if they can, then declare before lunch on 4th day

5 and a bit sessions to get around 600 would be what I would do If I was captain which I am not but I would do that If I could

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
If England declare overnight, barring weather, the draw is out of the question. If Australia bat for the 2 days they will be well past the 500 mark. Its very easy to accumulate quick runs here with this outfield. If its sunny we are a small chance, if its overcast its game over.

If england bat the first session and get 600+, Australia should defensively try and draw the game. People can go on about you have to be positive, ... thats garbage, look what happened in India last year, 2nd test, just to name one example. Then compare that to say England in the 1st test, or the 1st test of England/Safrica last year when South africa stonewalled for 2 and a half days to get the draw.

eddiesmith

Juniors
You would expect a better performance from the batsmen in the 2nd innings, I did notice in the 1st innings that Siddle scored more runs than all the NSW born players combined :D

simmo1

First Grade
With the weather the way it is, England should declare overnight if they are serious about trying to win.

Latest posts