What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lords, July 16-20, 2009

TimmyB

Juniors
England definitely will (and should imo) bat for an hour tomorrow. 500+ has never been done, but at the same time they can't and won't want to give us a sniff. If the miraculous happened and we chased down 522, it would cripple them mentally for the rest of the series. Besides, if they don't think 5 sessions is evnough to get us out, then 522 runs isn't a big enough total...

I'd bad for an hour and tell be Flintoff & Broad to throw thei bat. Should be able to take it to near enough to 600. It will also disrupt (albeit very slightly) Katich and Hughes' who will spend the first session wondering when they'll be batting. For that reason alone England will bat at least a few overs imo.

Ridders

Coach
FMD i hope its either sunny or rained out when we bat. Can't stand another of our innings in overcast conditions.

Ridders

Coach
Very interesting, England already declared. This pretty much confirms we will have a result (weather permitting). Wouldn't it be great to rip the heart out of England and chase this target down.

Last edited:

aussies1st

Staff member
I've been waiting to get back the highest ever 4th inns chase in a Test. This is as good of a time as any.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Come on captain Hughsey, a double ton today for the might fine legs \\\\:D/\\\\:D/\\\\:D/\\\\:D/\\\\:D/

TheParraboy

Staff member
we'll be right fellas, good as gold, hughsey and punter to the rescue, goona stick it up the poms so hard and fast, dont worry about that, cheers :alcho: