What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ASHES TEST: England v Australia at Lords, July 16-20, 2009

TheParraboy

Staff member
What a great test series this is shapin up to be

Aust hasnt lost at lords since 1934, hope it remains that way

Id bring in Clark (if fit) for Hauritz
Poms may consider bringing in Harmison for Panasar

cant wait :cool:

Bazal

Post Whore
Johnson and Siddle out, Lee and Clark in

England will drop a spinner for Onions or Harmison

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They'll definately bring in Harmy, Johnson will never be dropped no matter how poor he bowls. So Clark will probably come in for Siddle.

Ridders

Coach
Swann should go, for all i've heard about him, his bowling was very ordinary. Imo Monty is the better spinner, but knowing England, Swann's batting will probably win him his spot.

Matt23

Staff member
Johnson or Siddle for Clark please, but odds on it will Siddle or Hauritz if anybody

TheParraboy

Staff member
Johnson and Siddle out, Lee and Clark in

England will drop a spinner for Onions or Harmison

Im sure Lee is out of the 2nd test as well, as they are back to back tests

Guys like Johnson and Siddle need regular bowling to come good, so they will most likely be in the side and perform far better in the 2nd test id say. Keep in mind also, that wicket at cardiff wasnt really a fast bowlers deck

The wicket has nothing to do with Johnson bowling a sh*t load of wides late on day 5 effectively relenquishing any pressure on the English batsman and Siddle bowling too many bouncers that weren't making Monty play.

Timbo

Staff member
Swann should go, for all i've heard about him, his bowling was very ordinary. Imo Monty is the better spinner, but knowing England, Swann's batting will probably win him his spot.

You clearly missed the Windies tour - Swann is a much better bowler than Panesar.

After the way Harmison showed up Hughes, I wouldn't be suprised if he comes in for Lords.

I would like to see Clark for Johnson, but I have a sneaking suspicion they'll bring in Clark for Hilfenhaus. It is the dumbest thing we could possibly do so we're odds on to do it.

Seriously, Ponting captains this side the same way Dave Furner coaches the Raiders - with no skill or tactical ability whatsoever.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
The poms have predictably added Harmy to their squad for second test.

Freddy is also under serious doubt with injury.

JJ

Immortal
Harmison will be interesting, but they will probably want to stay with the kids that have done well for them recently... Is Sidebottom hurt?

Johnson won't be dropped, and rightly so... Siddle shouldn't be either... Depends on whether they want Hauritz or not, I think.. I thought Lee was out for 2 tests

IanG

Coach
Well I heard that Lee was gone for the first 2 tests. Wonder if the Aussies will make any changes.

lockyno1

Post Whore
The only change I can see is Siddle for Clark/Lee. Hilfenahus proved why he is a must in these conditions- Duke balls, swinging it both ways. Will play the rest of the series, so will Johnson. The issue I have with dropping Hauritz is that North and Clarke are not going to cut the mustard on 5th day pitches, we saw that in the 1st test. The only guy I'd change is Siddle and you can put Clark or Brett Lee if fit in for him easily.

Matt23

Staff member
The only change I can see is Siddle for Clark/Lee. Hilfenahus proved why he is a must in these conditions- Duke balls, swinging it both ways. Will play the rest of the series, so will Johnson. The issue I have with dropping Hauritz is that North and Clarke are not going to cut the mustard on 5th day pitches, we saw that in the 1st test. The only guy I'd change is Siddle and you can put Clark or Brett Lee if fit in for him easily.
I agree, but i doubt the selectors will drop Siddle, However I don't think Siddle is best suited to English conditions

TheParraboy

Staff member

:lol:

yes Hauritz did a tremendous job in sydney and in cardiff, is unplayable on 5th day pitches :lol:

Clark in for Hauritz please

hineyrulz

Post Whore
I have a bad feeling that Clark will be left out again, and if he does play Hilfy will be the one to miss out :?