What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd ODI: Australia v West Indies at Perth Feb 3, 2013

undertaker

Coach
Unless the PA announcer at the WACA tells everyone that "Lleyton Hewitt loses the Australian Open Men's singles final."

I remembered how an Australia v Pakistan game was played in direct opposition at the WACA. Hewitt went down in 4.

and the mood of the Aussies dropped.

Thanks for making me feel old again. I can't believe that was 'only' 8 yrs ago...feels like yesterday. The good news is that fast forward 8 yrs later and Hewitt has Buckley's chance of winning, let alone coming close to the final of another grand slam.

And regarding the cricket match, that was the match where Afridi hit that massive six of Symonds (what many commentators describe as one of the longest sixes in cricket history)

undertaker

Coach
Maxwell already has a million dollar bid in the IPL auction :lol: must have missed his innings today. Can't blame them it was over in a minute.

Which shows exactly why cricket has lost the respectibility it once had.

Guys like Allan Border, who earned only $90000 in his final season of international cricket (1993/94, which I know was a lot of money at the time compared to the wages of the average Australian, but no where near as much as what the top contracted players earn today due to all the sponsorships etc.) are worth $1 million any day of the week over people like Maxwell.

Could you imagine how much Don Bradman, Garfield Sobers, Viv Richards, Richard Hadlee etc. would've earned today if they were playing? Especially if you set $1 million as the benchmark for someone like the Big Show. Life's just not fair sometimes

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
H
So now, taking 15 balls to get off the mark and scoring 23 off 40 with only 2 boundaries is enough to impress the selectors...

In the context of the game, hes been the second best batter today, and to touch on Bailey, this has been a very Bevan/Hussey anchor type innings, happy to see him stay in the team.

I say maxwell gets the rest of the series, but play him as opener

Have
1.Finch
2. Maxwell
3. Khawaja
4. Hughes
5. Clarke
6. Wade

Tell No Show to play his natural game, same with finch.
We will either be 2 for 100 after 15 or 2 for 10 after 5

vvvrulz

Coach
Bailey looks so much better playing proper cricket shots, put away the T20 crap. Good innings.