What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test Aust vs England @ Adelaide Oval

willvillain

Juniors
I thought it was out straight away, and the replay showed the ball inside the blue line and then going on to hit the leg stump.

Close call. Probably should've been given out. I'm not outraged that it wasn't. From an Aussie perspective it's a shame that it gave Pieterson a second chance rather than Bell or something!

Tommy Smith

Referee
Geez, in the first test the umpires were incorrect for not giving Punter and Gilly the benefit of the doubt. But in this test the umpires were incorrect for giving Pietersen the benefit of the doubt.

Point of view, or who you support, is an amazing thing.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
good to see the poms put up a bit of a fight Tommy, hope they can continue it for the sake of the series

the only thing negative about yesterday was their very slow run rate, which may come back to bight them on the arse in this test

lockyno1

Post Whore
Twiz that comes down to the fact that Collingwood is at 4. Pieterson should be. He is a natural 4 and Collingwood is a natural 5.

willvillain

Juniors
The problem wasn't with Collingwood. It was Bell who made the run rate sluggish. Collingwood was the aggressor in their partnership.

aussies1st

Staff member
Still would have been good having Collinwood at 5 as the way KP is going Warne wouldn't have been as dominant if KP was at 4.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
lockyno1 said:
Twiz that comes down to the fact that Collingwood is at 4. Pieterson should be. He is a natural 4 and Collingwood is a natural 5.

you surely dont think he would have batted differently is he came in at 5

batting positions a so overrated imo

remmember Hussey was an opener till he played for Australia

if they are good enough, they can bat anywhere

Big Mick

Referee
Geez Lee has been unlucky this series.

I admit that wasn't out...big noise somewhere...but sheezus it was close.

willvillain

Juniors
So where did the noise come from? The pad didn't come into it.

I can't believe Tubby or whoever used HotSpot to say it wasn't out. Snicko is far superior at making the close decisions clearer.

willvillain

Juniors
There was no white mark on the bat or the pad either though. So where did the noise come from? HotSpot is useless technology unless it is a full-blooded edge, and then it is useless anyway because it isn't bloody needed!

Latest posts