What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test Aust vs England @ Adelaide Oval

JJ

Immortal
Tommy Smith said:
I agree. That would also allow England to play Read and Panesar as we wouldnt need mroe batting.

England should ask this: Is James Anderson so important to England that they are willing to sacrifice better batting, better keeping and better spin-bowling? because that's what this line-up would have offered:

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Joyce
Flintoff
Read
Hoggard
Harmison
Panesar

That to me is a far stronger team. Even ebtter if you were to hopefully add a Trescothick or Vaughan in the batting and Jones in the bowling in the future.

yep - that's a much stronger team... although to be fair to Jones he hasn;t screwed up yet, but you get the impression it's a matter of time...

Timbo

Staff member
Tommy Smith said:
I agree. That would also allow England to play Read and Panesar as we wouldnt need mroe batting.

England should ask this: Is James Anderson so important to England that they are willing to sacrifice better batting, better keeping and better spin-bowling? because that's what this line-up would have offered:

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Joyce
Flintoff
Read
Hoggard
Harmison
Panesar

That to me is a far stronger team. Even ebtter if you were to hopefully add a Trescothick or Vaughan in the batting and Jones in the bowling in the future.

My question is-Is the English bowling lineup potent enough with just four front line bowlers?

The situation is worsened, for example, if Flintoff is on 100 not out at innings close, and he has to turn around and bowl first chance 30 mins later.

I think-going off Brisbane-England NEED a fifth bowler. Collingwood, Bell, Pietersen...None cut it at this level.

My English side for Adelaide would have been:

1-A.Strauss
2-A.Cook
3-I.Bell
4-K.Pietersen
5-P.Collingwood
6-A.Flintoff
7-C.Read
8-A.Giles
9-M.Hoggard
10-S.Harmison
11-M.Panesar

----------

I think that side offers more-More attacking bowling for the pitch and better keeping. And it retains a fairly short tail thanks to Giles at 8.

Is it just me or were Freddy, Harmison and Jones all bwoling in excess of 150km/h (or colse to) last series in England?

At the Gabba Freddy was barely hitting 140 and Harmy barely 130??

This pitch is terrible.

It is blatantly obvious that CA have put pressure on the curaitor to prepare a one day pitch to get the test to go 5 days. Boring as bat sh*t at the moment

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Clarke M gets an over 1st day - maiden to start

How many times can you be wrong?

LOL

Clarke the all rounder.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
poms 2 for 144 at tea,slow going by these two but the're laying a platform for pieterson and co. but the pitch looks a belter,i can't believe the poms left monty out i think they will regret that decision big time.

hineyrulz said:
poms 2 for 144 at tea,slow going by these two but the're laying a platform for pieterson and co. but the pitch looks a belter,i can't believe the poms left monty out i think they will regret that decision big time.

This will be a draw. What a disraceful pitch prepared by the curaitor. Completely ruined this test.

Master Vippo

Juniors
I agree. This pitch is going break up, and if England are bowling last, im not sure Giles is good enough to finish us off. Panesar probably would have been.

I hope they play Panesar in this next tour match and he proves Felcher wrong!

Tommy Smith

Referee
waltzing Meninga said:
This will be a draw. What a disraceful pitch prepared by the curaitor. Completely ruined this test.
As long as it goes 5 days, Cricket Australia, the SACA and Channell Nine are happy.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Ding Dong Bell is getting better as a cricketer, and Collingwood, like Bell is very underrated. They lost Trescothic, but gained Collingwood which IMO is a plus for England. Only loss is Trescothic's slip fielding. Collingwood looks ugly but he is as solid as anything.