What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v West Indies D/N @ Gabba Jan 25-27, 2024

hineyrulz

Post Whore
37 up here atm. If it was like this Friday I’d be pubbing it instead it’s f**king disgusting .

JamesRustle

First Grade
Potato Harris:

"Despite the latest setback, Harris, who averages a shade over 25 from 14 Tests, still holds out hope that he can don the baggy green again."
"It's still raw" - I assume this is a reference to him coming face to face with his stats, or his shaft from voodoo masturbating for injury to the 6+ batsmen the selectors will pick ahead of him.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I dunno man if the option was no cricket and $15 mid strength cans or no cricket in a pub with standard pub beers I'm also going for the latter

do you still play Baz, or retired ?

we used to play in conditions like this, mind you, the first beer after the game never touched the sides

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Sounds like twizster owns a horse blanket.

Funny you mention that cuz I was gonna post this in the Pukovski thread, now you've forced my hand

The best coaching vid I ever saw on playing short balls and hooking was by Chapelli. First thing he said was back foot across and head just inside the line of the ball so you can watch the ball and not get sconed. Pukovski seems to get his head in line so he can headbutt the ball.

He was a very good hooker of the short ball Chapelli

Bazal

Post Whore
do you still play Baz, or retired ?

we used to play in conditions like this, mind you, the first beer after the game never touched the sides

I'm playing Shires equivalent now mate, too old and too many knee recos for grade. Plus I'm not enough of a f**kwit anymore

I hate Canberra even more cos it's stinking horrible dry westerly heat. I'd rather go back and play in Penang than do 35+ in Canberra. That being said I don't think I've ever played through 70mm of rain.

King-Gutho94

Coach
I dunno man if the option was no cricket and $15 mid strength cans or no cricket in a pub with standard pub beers I'm also going for the latter
We do it every year for the pink day at the SCG.

It generally rains and washes out the days play.

So you get the whole day pub crawling around Surry Hills drinking pints in a glass and get a ticket refund as well from CA.

JJ

Immortal
Funny you mention that cuz I was gonna post this in the Pukovski thread, now you've forced my hand

The best coaching vid I ever saw on playing short balls and hooking was by Chapelli. First thing he said was back foot across and head just inside the line of the ball so you can watch the ball and not get sconed. Pukovski seems to get his head in line so he can headbutt the ball.

He was a very good hooker of the short ball Chapelli
and he had to do it off John Snow, no less