What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: Australia v West Indies D/N @ Gabba Jan 25-27, 2024

Fangs

Coach
Smith is starting to miss balls he never did previously

With his technique it's not a great sign

Happening plenty of times on his pads nowadays. He ended up in a weird spot there.

Looks like a summer to forget, only one test innings left max. See how he goes in the short format.

Meth

Staff member
Just sort of tuning back in for the first time in a while- what's the consensus on Smith at the top? Worth persevering with to have Green in and at 4? Or do you prefer someone else?

Bazal

Post Whore
Happening plenty of times on his pads nowadays. He ended up in a weird spot there.

Looks like a summer to forget, only one test innings left max. See how he goes in the short format.

It's impossible to say either way with Smith. He's so far in his own head you'll never know if he's lost his reflexes or if he's just so autistic he's talked himself into battling.

Marnus is just ordinary though and it's showing through now his insane run of luck has turned

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Get the f**k off Labs. I'm sick of him hanging around everytime he gets out like its a miracle and he doesn't make mistakes.

Pretty decent snare though.

Fangs

Coach
Ripper of a catch.

I can't remember the last time I've been impressed with the WI fielding effort. Maybe never?

mave

Coach
Just sort of tuning back in for the first time in a while- what's the consensus on Smith at the top? Worth persevering with to have Green in and at 4? Or do you prefer someone else?

Given the amount Green and Marsh actually bowl?. No, it's one or the other.

They have an opener who should have played at least 40 tests by now sitting in the grandstand, watching.

Fangs

Coach
It's impossible to say either way with Smith. He's so far in his own head you'll never know if he's lost his reflexes or if he's just so autistic he's talked himself into battling.

Marnus is just ordinary though and it's showing through now his insane run of luck has turned

Might be time to look at his technique. It was a good ball but if he keeps missing those ones then it has become a real flaw moving across his stumps.

He has looked to start more positively especially against anything short which is good.

A proper opener, I reckon Green would get done over by the moving ball easily. Likes to just plonk that front foot down.