What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd Test: New Zealand v West Indies at Napier, Dec 19-23 2008

Scorpio30

Bench
:lol: After watching the Dilmah tea party Im dissapointed to find out that Tony Cozier isnt black....Oh well you learn something new everyday.

Only the Windies could lose this.

Taylor, Powell and Infidel are park standard. Benn and Gayle should be bowling in tandem, throwing down darts and making NZ play shots.

I can't believe this crap.

There goes my theory.

NZ will coast this in against a disgraceful bowling attack.

West Indies confirm themselves as the most inept side in the world.

salivor

First Grade
Well that sums up how stupid this referral system is. It's supposed to stop those exact type of clear cut not out decisions that get given and instead all it seems to have done is give marginal LBW decisions that traditionally have always been given benefit of doubt to the batsman. It definitely needs to be fine tuned or scraped completely IMO.

I think it`s a good system, but benefit of the doubt needs to be upheld in the referral process. Apparently the third umpire is not allowed to rule benefit of the doubt. If he`s not sure what happened, then the original decision stands. Which is silly.

Why did I think Franklin is a good batsman???

He`s absolutely hopeless. Can`t even get bat on a leg glance.

And just as bad a bowler.

Drop him like a hot potato.

ozbash

Referee
Well that sums up how stupid this referral system is. It's supposed to stop those exact type of clear cut not out decisions that get given and instead all it seems to have done is give marginal LBW decisions that traditionally have always been given benefit of doubt to the batsman. It definitely needs to be fine tuned or scraped completely IMO.

here here, its a flop. get rid of it.

JB

Juniors
Drawn series. Probably a fair reflection on 2 struggling teams at the bottom end of the rankings. While Taylor and Ryder we're together the target definitely looked getable. Looking forward to seeing these 2 develop more, but the way Taylor plants that front foot, he looks an lbw candidate almost every ball. Good innings by Jess again. Looks our most accomplished batsman for mine. Very rarely looks rushed with lots of time to play the ball. His strokeplay through the covers and point region is superb. As with the rest of them though, still needs to learn to go on with it after making a start, but early days yet.

There goes my theory.

NZ will coast this in against a disgraceful bowling attack.

does this officialy make new zealand the most inept side in the world for not being able to beat the most inept side in the world at home?

The draw is a good reflection of the fact that these two teams have very poor bowling line-ups, unable to take wickets quickly enough to get a result on a good pitch. I understand when India and England draw a test, because they have quality batsmen, but these two teams only have a handful of good batsmen altogether, a half decent bowling attack would have got a result for either team.

ozbash

Referee
no, thats australia.

NZ draws a series against the Windies.

Aussie gets their arses handed to them in India, only just beat a understrength, injury stricken,badly coached NZ side then are totally outplayed and embarrassed (once again) at home by S.Africa and we get the normal forum 'tard asking the same old question...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonearm Terrorwrist
does this officialy make new zealand the most inept side in the world for not being able to beat the most inept side in the world at home?

:lol:

let me just quote the entire scenario for you old man

new zealand fail to defeat the most inept side in the world ... so i ask:

i took the liberty of resizing the quote in question in the hope your eye sight hasn't deteriorated that bad in your old age

it's funny how you mention playing badly ... you played terrible against bangladesh and the west indies ... we beat west indies ... see how it's working?

we barely beat you? ... we scored 500+ in adelaide and won by an innings lol

we also had half our team retire in the space of a year ... lol keep bringing it old man

ozbash

Referee
it's funny how you mention playing badly ... you played terrible against bangladesh and the west indies ... we beat west indies ... see how it's working?

we barely beat you? ... we scored 500+ in adelaide and won by an innings lol

we also had half our team retire in the space of a year ... lol keep bringing it old man

sorry, did it touch a nerve ?

:sarcasm:

Latest posts