What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2nd trial vs tigers

TruSaint

Referee
Well, I really enjoyed that game. Pre season trial or not.

For one, our defence at times was outstanding. Repelling them on our line time and again. Great indicator of intent the new coach is instilling.

I have been saying for the past few years ( along with many others ), get Suli some early ball. We witnessed what a machine he can be.

Su'a and Molo looked great. I thought Kyle had an excellent game, didn't overplay his hand but was measured and confident.

Finally, Liddle. He's a gem of a player. I hope he's okay.

Again, i know its a friendly, but I like what I saw and think my expectations were too premature.

Crush

Coach

For one, our defence at times was outstanding. Repelling them on our line time and again. Great indicator of intent the new coach is instilling.

I have been saying for the past few years ( along with many others ), get Suli some early ball. We witnessed what a machine he can be.

Su'a and Molo looked great. I thought Kyle had an excellent game, didn't overplay his hand but was measured and confident.

Again, i know its a friendly, but I like what I saw and think my expectations were too premature.
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Hook drop Liddle back to reserve grade and instead opt for Mbye at 9?
Or have I dreamt that? Surely couldn’t be true.

S'ua says he prefers the right edge. So imagine what havoc the two monsters Suli and Leilua can cause on the left edge with similar clean ball Flanagan gave out yesterday. On the other hand S'ua may change his mind and ask to stay on the left as he had a blinder. Seems after quite a while we are again spoiled for choice.

Was great to see. Gives you hope finally after a decade plus of disappointment. Yes the coach seems to have instilled intent in general but Deano is the defense coach so hats off to him the way he has turned us from a brittle defending side into a defensive machine. I do hope I am not being premature as we were against the wooden spooners and it was pre season trials..

Last edited:

SEAT 1A

Bench
Was great to see. Gives you hope finally after a decade plus of disappointment. Yes the coach seems to have instilled intent in general but Deano is the defense coach so hats off to him the way he has turned us from a brittle defending side into a defensive machine. I do hope I am not being premature as we were against the wooden spooners and its was pre season trials..

Who knows what's ahead however, we only had one more win than the Tig's last year. You are right, it was only a trial. The difference was huge.

since77

Juniors
Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Hook drop Liddle back to reserve grade and instead opt for Mbye at 9?
Yeah. To make it even more unfathomable, Liddle had been playing so well at the time that the club had just resigned him for a couple of more years. Then boom, Griffin drops one of the only creative players we had so we could have the "veteran experience" of Mbye slowing our attack down even more........ You can't make this crap up.....

hewi

Bench
Yeah. To make it even more unfathomable, Liddle had been playing so well at the time that the club had just resigned him for a couple of more years. Then boom, Griffin drops one of the only creative players we had so we could have the "veteran experience" of Mbye slowing our attack down even more........ You can't make this crap up.....

You don’t have to, it actually happened.

TruSaint

Referee

Spot on.
He is pivotal to our season. Smart player with a great work ethic.

Dragon David

First Grade
Thank the Lord that our Board finally bit the bullet and shot Hook out of our system.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
I think hook was playing him off the bench because he had just come back from a major injury. So either he wasn’t fit, or hook was worried that he might re-injure himself or hook had no f**king idea.

be55

Juniors
or hook had no f**king idea.
Happy Gilmore Win GIF

Dragon David

First Grade
I know that we did play the current wooden spooners and it would appear a "so what" win, but I would say that if we had only have beaten them by just a conversion then yes, it would not have been anything to write home about. However, we scored 6 tries to their 3 and dominated them and except for the last minute of the first half they could not score and they had a wealth of possession in our zone so it was a very good win and a game that the players should feel very pleased and proud of. I haven't seen any statements yet from Flanno about the game and how he thinks all of the Dragons players went and I would be keen to see them.

I would have loved to have seen their victory song in the sheds, but they must not have done one.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Think Liddle has some hammy trouble didnt he ?..like you bud I'm hoping its nothing serious....he's the most promising dummy half runner weve had for a very long time especially on the back of our pack in 2024....he has a great awareness for pinching cheap metres, a must in today's game and something thats been sadly missing in our side since 2010.....if I was players like Sloan, Flanagan and Hunt etc I'd be sniffing around his darts whenever they presented themselves.

TruSaint

Referee
Think Liddle has some hammy trouble didnt he ?..like you bud I'm hoping its nothing serious....he's the most promising dummy half runner weve had for a very long time especially on the back of our pack in 2024....he has a great awareness for pinching cheap metres, a must in today's game and something thats been sadly missing in our side since 2010.....if I was players like Sloan, Flanagan and Hunt etc I'd be sniffing around his darts whenever they presented themselves.

Indeed.

By the way, hope all is well with you my friend. Maybe we can enjoy a few "W's" this year ?

Dragon David

First Grade
He is bloody good at backing up as well. Remember the try he scored after Sloan made the initial break and Liddle chimed in and backed him, took the pass and ran at speed to score the try. It was a beauty.