What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 2 1 v Manly

3 - Maloney, Has a dig all game, good kicking game. Couple of penalties as usual, refs have found a new McKinnon in the Warriors.
2 - Luck, lots of tackles, keeps getting up even when his knee exploded!
1 - Packer, good meters and error free game.

Few boys had an off game, Manly had Manu covered, Seymour seems a passenger with Maloney carrying him.
The old coulda/shoulda/woulda with the field goal not taken with more than 10minutes left on the clock. Manly looked like they had another try in them tho.
Disappointing forward pass call in the dying seconds, but thats a Warriors game for you. Come to expect that now.
Tate done for off the mark, yet Matai gets given pentalty when he stepped a mile to his right leading to a try! (Consistancy please)

Not bad with 4 guys out, Ropo, Lewis, Hendo and Locke.
Travelling to Sydney as well, really a 1 point loss (I know it was 3). Manly was backing up from Monday tho.
Tupou and Moons defence seemed to be exposed tonight?

Top 4 hopes over???

Was at the game thought the warriors played pretty well. Impressed by Mara i liked what i saw there, Mannering played well and Matulino.

Constraint

Juniors
Yeah a few disappointing calls but we probably deserved a few more penalties against us too, particularly the obvious slowing down the play of the ball. Could have gone either way.

3 - Maloney
2 - Luck
1 - Mannering

AliN

Live Update Team
Maloney
Mannering
Packer

Disappointed with Tate, Seymour and Moon

Rich102

Staff member
3. Maloney
2. Mannering
1. Packer

Good games from Moon, Matulino, Hohaia, Ta'ai.
Tate isn't worth the money - glad he's going.
Was Seymour out there?

Micistm

Bench
Fairly satisfied with the guys, gutted for Luck and filthy for the forward pass call that no one else could see at the end, but thems the breaks. We went okay.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Maloney missed 13 tackles, a season high in the NRL

I thought Mara was very good for your boys and Matulino and Packer were strong

Maloney missed 13 tackles, a season high in the NRL

He seemed to be first to a lot of tackles and acted like an effective speed hump slowing the player down.

Pitty Matulino couldnt score with his ass.:sarcasm:

Felt like the offloads dried up, and no one was floating around for the first 3-4 tackles looking for one.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Maloney only has to pick his nose to get raps around here. Constant missed tackles, multiple penalties, and pretty much no involvement in terms of setting up his outside men (not necessarily his fault when we just relentlessly play 5 hit-ups + kick).

I like him as a player believe it or not, but this feels like Rovelli fever circa-2006 all over again, an ordinary player getting hyped to the moon for showing f*ck all really.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Anyway, my 3 would be something like

3. Packer
2. Matulino
1. Mannering

Something along those lines.....I'm probably being a bit too harsh on Maloney, it just frustrates me that anyone can give one of our halves a rap when our style of play pretty much excludes them from doing anything of note.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
Mara certainly looked exciting as well. A line break with his first run, and holding the ball in one hand throwing ridiculous offloads within 2 minutes of getting on the field. Certainly appears to have plenty of confidence.

I've seen a fair bit of him before, but what are other people's opinions of him? Is he a better bet for the future than Seluini? What is his distribution and option-taking like....he seems a little slow/almost casual at times.

Also out of interest, what is his ethnic background?

Edit: Just found something suggesting he is Tokelauan, must be about the first Tokelauan NRL player? I was actually asking cos he looks kinda Melanesian and I can't recall us bringing through any Fijian or PNG players before.

Last edited:

Martli

Coach
Mara didn't seem like he was 100% at times. Had his knee strapped up but then came on at half time with even more strapping. Certainly looks exciting any way, maybe the rumours of Hendo going aren't so bad after all.

Meth

Staff member
Surprised by all the Maloney love

3- Mannering
2- Packer
1- Rapira (not near his best, but a number of telling runs)

Pleased with Mara

We looked a little rudderless out there at times ala 2009. Seymour needs to step up.

Also, Manly got far, far too many easy metres.

ozreece77

Juniors
Mannering 3
Packer 2
Maloney 1 (gave his team a chance with some of his kicks, not his fault a few of them made schoolboy errors eg Moon)

Moon -3 total mismatch against Lyon (got schooled), throwing crazy passes again, especially the one on 2nd tackle to vatuvei which was never on, when we were on their tryline at 16-16.
Vatuvei -2 worst game in ages, everything he did turned to dust. Lyon did a number on him with the high balls.
Seymour -1 too quiet for a 7. needs to show more.

Do not want to be travelling to Parra if they are still in the hunt on the last weekend. Brisbane is a must win.

Manu Vatuvei

Coach
In last night's game did Maloney or Seymour create a single try, try scoring opportunity, or even a linebreak?!? How on earth can we be satisfied with that? Have we forgotten what the halves are there for?