What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3, 2, 1 v Rooster

Dont know how to score this but here we go.

3, Packer - Most yards, realitively solid D.

2, Matulino - Hitting the line with force. Nice shot on Ryles (I think)

1, Luck - Tackle machine.

Stuggled to give out points.
Johnson was not affraid to take on the line, but he didnt gel with Maloney.
How can you have that much ball in someones half and have nothing.
50/50 calls did not go out way, the 75/25 calls did either.
How Inu knocked that on I dont know????
Roosters knocked it on and nothing said.
Roosters defended dam well.
Really seemed to be missing good dummy half runs.
Maloneys kick to Inu's wing average.
Manu still seems off.
To many missed tackles, to many mistakes and FAR to many penalties.

LeagueNut

First Grade
I almost can't believe I'm saying this, but we missed Brett Seymour out there. We looked wildly unorganised on attack most of the time.

We also missed Heremaia's spark while he was on the bench. I don't know which way to go in the Heremaia vs Mara debate, but they're both 10,000 times better than Berrigan at the moment.

The forwards were great, Packer & Matulino were outstanding with their grunt work. Locke deserves a mention as well (apart from that drop).

Vatuvei and Lewis Brown look like they need a visit from the form fairy.

Izz

Bench
3-Packer
2-Matulino
1-Mateo

Yep, we missed Seymour. Our organization on attacking sets was terrible. That's something i'm confident Johnson can do well (he organized the U20 team well enough) but Maloney needed to step up tonight and didn't.

We have to bring Mara back. Berrigan to Vulcans. Surely.

Onto next week.

Judd

Juniors
3. Packer
2. Taylor
1. Matulino

Maloney didnt step up today and his kicks to the wings were ordinary. Lack of direction on attack...Johnson was ok although he offered nothing special...they missed Seymour out there. Wondered how Pita Godinet would have gone at 7.

_addict

Juniors
3 - Packer
2 - Mateo
1 - Steve Rapira

That game just seemed too much like paint by numbers, not that I have anything against numbers, in fact having a play-maker who could see when and where we have the numbers would be a very good thing. As for giving our our 3,2,1 numbers, it wasn't that easy this week.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
3- Packer
2- Matulino
1- Rapira

I would complain about Inu's non-try but we didn't deserve to win tonight.

I agree with sentiments elsewhere - Berrigan should be nowhere near the side at the moment. For a 10+ year veteran those penalties were inexcusable.

And Manu is playing busted. I'm sure of it

Meth

Staff member
3- Packer
2- Matulino
1- Rapira

Locke was good.

We missed Seymour, but I don't think we should turn back now. Some nice touches from Johnston and his kicking game, especially close to the line, is much more potent than Seymour's. We missed Seymour's organization. Johnston will go better as he gains confidence.

Manu was woeful again. Also disappointed with Lillyman and unimpressed with Latimore.

Next week, Mara for Berrigan and hopefully Ta'ai for Rapira.

Rich102

Staff member
3. Packer
2. Matulino
1. Mannering

Manu shouldn't be out there. Stupid decision.
If Johnson is the answer I don't understand the question.
I thought Locke was poor. Bad choices in attack & defence.
Berrigan is a liability - bring back Mara.
Gutsy display from Maloney.

Video ref deserves to be dropped.

Meth

Staff member
Just remembered how long Ta'ai is out for. No Ta'ai, Rapira or Rapira. We're missing some sting.

Matulino should not be starting. Much rather have him off the bench and have Lillyman and Packer start.

hitman82

Bench
There won't be any Ta'ai or Godinet replacements - both are out injured.

3. Matulino
2. Packer
1. Locke

Manu is way out of form; looks like a shadow of his former self.

I was actually pretty impressed with Johnson. His kicking game was sharp and a couple of those short balls were so damn close to setting up breaks.

Pretty much, nothing worked for us.

What worries me, is against the Rabbitohs it was similar - had loads of opportunities and failed to convert, also being held to just 1 try. Against the Roosters it was CRIMINAL not to score in that opening 20 when we totally dominated the field. And the barge over try for the Roosters was soft as. Berrigan made a horrible read close to our line which allowed them through - soft.

We also looked like we had post-bye limp dick syndrome.

I thought Maloney, Packer, Locke, Mannering, Matulino, Lillyman, Ta'ai, Rapira, Inu, Johnson all played well.

Meth

Staff member
If Johnson is the answer I don't understand the question.

Harsh.

He's a 20 year old debutante- only the media and you (apparently) expected him to come in straight away, dominating and controlling the team like a 30 year old veteran. He showed enough to suggest he very well may live up to his hype- but give him some time.

hitman82

Bench
haha woops :p.

I'm still in mourning over his injury. If we still make the 8 it's going to be a miracle.

BTW Johnson had a pretty damn good debut IMHO.

Warmess

Juniors
3. Packer
2. Mateo
1. Rapira

Could see that loss coming. Don't quite see where the Johnson hate is coming from, what exactly were people expecting? I thought he showed some true class is some of his touches. Organisation wasn't there, but that will come.

I'd get filthy over that 'knock on' but we had enough ball to score 5 tries, so we didn't deserve to win.

Is is confirmed that Rapira has a broken wrist? I'm gonna be gutted if it is :/

3. Packer
2. Matulino
1. Rapira.

Only changes id make for next game would be:

Mara in for berrigan
Gavet in for Latimore
Not sure who in for rapira. Apparently ta'ai is out till round 16.

Rich102

Staff member
Harsh.

He's a 20 year old debutante- only the media and you (apparently) expected him to come in straight away, dominating and controlling the team like a 30 year old veteran. He showed enough to suggest he very well may live up to his hype- but give him some time.

Fair enough.
I will wait & see.

Latest posts