What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v Roosters

Meth

Staff member
3- Ford
2- Fonua-Blake
1- CNK

HM- DWZ, Walker, Ale, Barnett.

DM-
Webster. Bench use continues to frustrate and his Egan//Lussick move was a flop.
Lussick- aforementioned flop.
Johnson- brave, but not fit to play.
Kosi and Pompey- a nightmarish 20 minutes in which they were comically bad. But Manu/Young- that's a hard day.

Badger was poor in the second half.

Blair

Coach
3. Charnze. Effort, heart, ability.
2. Addin. Power, but passion? I don't know. Still, his powerful plays gets him points.
1. Johnson. Not a good performance but he played on hurt and didn't want to come off.

No points for Pompey, he was poor in general play, but I liked his three conversions, two from the touchline.

JJ

Immortal
3. AFB… just consistently good
2. CNK
1. Barnett

hard to find points tbh

hitro

Juniors
3 AFB is the only apex elite player in the team
2 Walker stopped the bloodbath when he came on
1 Charnze never stops trying and is crucially durable

Team for next week will be interesting
Mercifully Nathan Cleary is out
I am presuming Shaun is gone for a while
TMM stepped up a bit when Shaun went off, I guess it's up to him to make the play now
Who is the other half?
Lussick is terrible and also got knocked out so I guess he is not playing
So need a half and a second hooker
I hope it's not Walker or Tevaga, need them for general interchange
Shame CHT is injured he would be perfect
Maybe maybe there's 2 kids who are going to be selected and go off the richter scale like Stacey and Syd Eru
haha dare to dream ponyboy...

JJ

Immortal
3 AFB is the only apex elite player in the team
This is it, thankfully they’re replacing him with one of the few props at the same level.

Seems more and more that Harris and Johnson are past it, Egan hurt too much, and imo RTS not playing in a position where his talents can be maximised.

if they can collectively stay fit, and maintain form we can still scrape the 8

Meth

Staff member
So need a half and a second hooker
I hope it's not Walker or Tevaga, need them for general interchange
Shame CHT is injured he would be perfect
Maybe maybe there's 2 kids who are going to be selected and go off the richter scale like Stacey and Syd Eru
haha dare to dream ponyboy...

Farr and Roache? Unless they think of Tevaga as a second hooker option. Let's be honest, he's probably better than Roache.

I don't think Walker and Tevaga off the bench is a luxury we can afford right now.

Meth

Staff member
Apparently CHT is a chance to come back next week. If not next week, definitely v the Dolphins.

Meth

Staff member
That’s not a DM though. DMs are for players not trying.

Oh, sorry, I missed the authoritative definition of what a DM was and wasn't and thought it was up to me who I gave a DM to.

He was playing pretty shit before he was hurt, if that helps.

Meth

Staff member
I just remembered Kosi jogging in cover defence. Unforgivable, whether effort or fitness.

Meth

Staff member
Johnson gets a DM from me because his form, fitness and lack of synch is a key problem for us. He's our best half, but he's not playing like he needs to. He is the basket that all of our eggs are in and it's a problem

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Oh, sorry, I missed the authoritative definition of what a DM was and wasn't and thought it was up to me who I gave a DM to.

He was playing pretty shit before he was hurt, if that helps.
It’s a dishonourable mention. Should be self explanatory.
Yeah I get he’s an issue at the moment but it’s hardly his fault he’s playing injured and there’s nobody else to step up in his place. That’s on the coach and recruitment staff.

vvvrulz

Coach
3. CNK - stood up like crazy, we’re lost without him
2. Ford - when his errors are down, he’s one of our most consistent and reliable workers
1. SJ - gets points for playing seemingly in agony but never giving in, the jersey means a lot to him. Stayed strong on defence and created chances.

HMs AFB, Walker
Jazz brought energy and should have been on after 15 mins not 55

DM obviously Kosi, wtf was that, I’ll take Montoya and all his derp any day.

Tohu looks really out of it, worrying

Meth

Staff member
It’s a dishonourable mention. Should be self explanatory.

This is silly, but I’ll bite. What part of the phrase ‘dishonourable mention’ is self-explanatorily limited to ‘players not trying’?

Montoya tries every week. Can’t really fault his effort. Should he never get a DM despite being consistently poor?