What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v stains

bluebag43

Juniors
Congratulations to Loo Loo and Kinga from all Newtown supporters!

Again proves that the partnership with Newtown was a good one and should have been retained.

PHaTMaN

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
It was that way. The forwards were gradually building confidence as kimmorley got out of their way & let them run off better ball players or straight off the ruck. Timing was much improved because there was no double pumping or telegraphed inside balls.

It was good wasn’t it? Noddy actually used the outside backs, he didn't telegraph a ball back inside to a forward every time he had it like he did the week before against south’s. How good was it seeing deep backline plays, 2nd man plays, decoy runners, ball runners actually running good lines and receiving quality, early ball? It was like Raper had never been at the sharks.

Nods kicking game still needs improving but last night was definitely a step in the right direction. Admittedly the drags were diabolical but that was Nods best game in some time.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
PHaTMaN said:
. Admittedly the drags were diabolical but that was Nods best game in some time.

Well thats the crux of it. It was his best game in reality for over 5 years & would in all fairness get a half backs rating of around 6.5 or a 7.

I can't imagine what a Thurston , Campbell, prince et al would have done with that defense last night & their pinpoint kicking games though.
kimmorleys test will come against better opposition . will he revert to his diabolical form of the last 5 years & return to the style of play that he knows best? or will he continue to do as he is told?
interesting times.

DJDL

First Grade
PHaTMaN said:
It was good wasn’t it? Noddy actually used the outside backs, he didn't telegraph a ball back inside to a forward every time he had it like he did the week before against south’s. How good was it seeing deep backline plays, 2nd man plays, decoy runners, ball runners actually running good lines and receiving quality, early ball? It was like Raper had never been at the sharks.

Nods kicking game still needs improving but last night was definitely a step in the right direction. Admittedly the drags were diabolical but that was Nods best game in some time.

Noddy was looking a lot like Mitch Healey last week. And that's not a good thing.

A definite improvement this week. There's still a looooooong way to go, but the signs of improvement are encouraging.

millersnose

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
hey Millers, jsut for prosperity, give Noddies kicking game a ranking out of 1-10.

sure reefy

2 kicks for tries

good distance finders

1 charged down

1 close but went out on the full

i will give it an 8

Stonecutter

First Grade
I noticed alot of set plays from dummy half with Kingston and the forwards. Not as predictable as usual and led to big metre gains by all the forwards.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
millersnose said:
sure reefy

2 kicks for tries

good distance finders

1 charged down

1 close but went out on the full

i will give it an 8

Laurie Daley said it was one of Kimmorleys worst kicking performances he has seen. & he is Kimmorley 2nd biggest kicking fan.
You would have to be from zambia & seeing your first game of league to think that kicking performance was anything other than ordinary at best, shocking a more appropriate description for first grade NRL & against disgraceful opposition.
I would give it a 2. just.
Luckily simmons provided a miracle catch & kearney was awarded a doubtful try or there goes is 2 points.
All the commentary lat night focussed on the poor results of all kimmorley kicks.
no length, no direction, no height & no communication.
The club desperately needs a kicker.

millersnose

Post Whore
blacktip-reefy said:
Laurie Daley said it was one of Kimmorleys worst kicking performances he has seen.

bully for him

you asked me

You would have to be from zambia & seeing your first game of league to think that kicking performance was anything other than ordinary at best, shocking a more appropriate description for first grade NRL & against disgraceful opposition.

lol

2 repeat sets(almost)
plenty of distance ensuring we played the game down their end
2 tries off kicks
2 pressure kicks resulting in turn overs to us

frankly i dont think kicking games get much better

I would give it a 2. just.

lol

All the commentary lat night focussed on the poor results of all kimmorley kicks.
no length, no direction, no height & no communication.
The club desperately needs a kicker.

well i watch the game and dont rely on shock jocks to form an opinion

Surely

Post Whore
f**kin hell how good is bird going, most dangerous with the ball, and without it.

Keaney went great tonight, good to see him sniffing around when bird goes to the line.

Aside from 2 dropped balls, Pom went very well, we may well end up having two very big fast centres this year.

Gallen ok for first game back, but when he came on i thought he stifled birds game a bit.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
Surely said:
f**kin hell how good is bird going, most dangerous with the ball, and without it.

Very good. After 6 years at the club, he needs to. lets see if he can string 2 good games together this week.

millersnose

Post Whore
an amusing anecdote

when watching the 1st try a fellow forumer turned to me and said 'a kimmorley kick for a simmo try...that'll annoy some forumers'

lol

it certainly has

Nuffs

Bench
how many of Noddy's downlfield kicks found space last night?
by space i mean that hit the ground before the stains picked it up?

Latest posts