What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 v stains

Dread

Juniors
From the preso:

Chairman's award - Loo Loo
Player's player - Noddy

Make of it what you will.

Quigs

Immortal
sticky ricky said:
What a joke! What's birdy gotta do?

I dont think Birds got to many worries... what did he pick up from the Fox man of the match award.

Was it a grand.?

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88 and Fat Controller
Quigs

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
coolumsharkie said:
Yeah I will be... so he defended well, f**k me dead he's a f*cken pivot, he offered nothing in attack.. yet he didnt do anything wrong either.
First game outside noddy, give him some slack.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Dread said:
From the preso:

Chairman's award - Loo Loo
Player's player - Noddy

Make of it what you will.
Chairman knows heart.

Players know commitment - something never doubted from nod.

PJ

First Grade
If Dykes had had 1 repeat set off a kick and one disallawed that should have been a repeat, 2 tries off of kicks and 3 final passes for tries he'd be lauded on here.

Noddy does it and he can't get a point off most posters, and gets bagged for his performance.

Some very myopic posters, and the worst of them sledge others for the exact same thing.

3 Bird
2 Noddy
1 Dougy.

Inferno

Coach
PJ said:
If Dykes had had 1 repeat set off a kick and one disallawed that should have been a repeat, 2 tries off of kicks and 3 final passes for tries he'd be lauded on here.

Noddy does it and he can't get a point off most posters, and gets bagged for his performance.

Some very myopic posters, and the worst of them sledge others for the exact same thing.

3 Bird
2 Noddy
1 Dougy.

And likewise if Dykes kicked out on the full once (should have been twice save some Simmo brilliance, ) had 2 or 3 kicks charged down, and put up the worlds shortest bombs and repeatedly kicked straight to the fullback or winger he would get bagged as well.

As per usual Noddy did some great things and also did some very average things.

Also correct me if I am wrong but wasn't that Noddy's first repeat set we have gotten all year?

spider

Coach
3. bird
2. kearney
1. noddy - (his kicking was crap - but otherwise a good game)

where was thomo tonight????

ross looked stronger and more confident

degois - can he play for 80?

PJ

First Grade
And likewise if Dykes kicked out on the full once (should have been twice save some Simmo brilliance, ) had 2 or 3 kicks charged down, and put up the worlds shortest bombs and repeatedly kicked straight to the fullback or winger he would get bagged as well.

Maybe, but I'd bet no where near the level Noddy cops it. As to the kick for Simmo so what if it had have gone out, they weren't giving up much ground if it had. If it had been shorter at all they also wouldn't have scored. Simple fact is it was a good kick taken very well and a set peice from two of the most maligned players at the club but can still find fault.

Don't know about the repeats, maybe you are right but I thought this thread was about tonights game, in which Noddy was very good. Sort of takes the sting out of legitimate complaints about players poor form when the good stuff they do goes totally unacknowledged, makes it sound more and more like a good old fashioned grudge or vendetta.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
spider said:
where was thomo tonight????

Playing on the right not sure why. Left side right offload. Perhaps a Williams thing.

spider said:
ross looked stronger and more confident
still needs another 2 months

spider said:
degois - can he play for 80?
Perhaps, can Kinga, he was great for the first 50

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
PJ said:
Maybe, but I'd bet no where near the level Noddy cops it. As to the kick for Simmo so what if it had have gone out, they weren't giving up much ground if it had. If it had been shorter at all they also wouldn't have scored. Simple fact is it was a good kick taken very well and a set peice from two of the most maligned players at the club but can still find fault.

Don't know about the repeats, maybe you are right but I thought this thread was about tonights game, in which Noddy was very good. Sort of takes the sting out of legitimate complaints about players poor form when the good stuff they do goes totally unacknowledged, makes it sound more and more like a good old fashioned grudge or vendetta.
Everyone was good tonight PJ nod included. Everyone.

Foz

Bench
3-Bird
2-Kearney
1-Noddy

I always hope for a flogging of the Queens but when they play like they did tonight it takes all the satisfaction of a flogging away.
They are one ordinary football team based on that effort.
Take a look at our tackle count in the backs-43 all up (is that right?)
13 to Seymour,10 to Noddy.
Didnt have to work too hard to beat that mob but I'll take wins like that over a loss any day.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
IMO , Noddy was ok tonight, against the worst NRL team I have seen in 20 years.
He cannot kick, to save his life, let alone his career.

PJ

First Grade
Yes Angry, but the only one who is getting criticised is Noddy despite the fact he had a direct hand in 5 of the tries.

spider

Coach
Mr Angry said:
Playing on the right not sure why. Left side right offload. Perhaps a Williams thing.
he was way down comparatively to his usual performance

still needs another 2 months
thats why i said he 'looked stronger and confident'

Perhaps, can Kinga, he was great for the first 50
he does not look dangerous like degois

Card Shark

Immortal
3 - Bird. Hard barstard to put down - looked like breaking the line every run.
2 - Noddy. Yes kicking game was not great but at least it had variety - not the bomb every time as per last week. Stood deeper & passed wider & less flat. Combined well with Seymour.
1 - Kearney. Fullback is his spot - will get better with experience there. Johnny on the spot for his 3 tries.

Latest posts