What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3-2-1 vs Dragons

Martli

Coach
Well, for starters, I am not really at all concerned with 'alienating' anybody.

But I am not sure what nasty things I have said about Ali. I questioned her (crazy) attribution of 3 points to Mannering...hardly a foul.

I guess I indirectly mentioned that she was Ozbash's missus- a bit below the belt, I concede. If that were me, I wouldn't want to be reminded of it.

You questioned her awarding points and then tried to make it all personal. Why? It's someone's opinion on an internet forum bro. Grow up.

Meth

Staff member
You questioned her awarding points and then tried to make it all personal. Why? It's someone's opinion on an internet forum bro. Grow up.

If anything I have said to Ali or Ozbash in this thread is over the line, than this forum is a joke.

You're right- it's somebody's opinion on an internet forum- stop being such an over-sensitive merkin

AliN

Live Update Team
Well, for starters, I am not really at all concerned with 'alienating' anybody.

But I am not sure what nasty things I have said about Ali. I questioned her (crazy) attribution of 3 points to Mannering...hardly a foul.

I guess I indirectly mentioned that she was Ozbash's missus- a bit below the belt, I concede. If that were me, I wouldn't want to be reminded of it.

ha ha all good Meth, sometimes I think the same..

TBH I never really noticed your posts til now, just that you had the odd little banter with Mr Bash.

Opinions no matter who's are just that, opinions. No matter how crazy they may seem to someone else, everyone is entitled to have them.

Mannering made 2 errors in the match, 4 missed tackles in a busy game for him. I'm not really a fan of his, but I thought he stepped up yesterday, and put a lot of pressure on the Dragons attack, some at crucial times.
And that is my reasoning for a point, and of course is just my opinion. ;-)

Meth

Staff member
ha ha all good Meth, sometimes I think the same..

TBH I never really noticed your posts til now, just that you had the odd little banter with Mr Bash ;-)

thanks ali- true class

to be honest, even the comments that were supposedly directed as you were more directed as Mr. Bash. We do have a bit of to and fro, but it's all in good fun.

Martli

Coach
If anything I have said to Ali or Ozbash in this thread is over the line, than this forum is a joke.

You're right- it's somebody's opinion on an internet forum- stop being such an over-sensitive merkin

Who said anything was over the line? I just thought you went a stupid way about expressing your opinion.

Meth

Staff member
Who said anything was over the line? I just thought you went a stupid way about expressing your opinion.

You got your panties in a bunch when there was no reason to.

We can move on.

Rich102

Staff member
It raises a good point on the topic of the 3-2-1.
I watch the game and usually make a few notes about how players are going and their influence on the result. I then, usually, give it a bit of time before I cast my vote.
My vote is soley my opinion.
Then I read someone elses votes and think, yeah, he didn't go too badly.
(Meth's message of always voting for Sammy over Packer springs to mind.)
If my votes are way off everyone elses then it may be time to look more closely at others performance.
I awarded points to Maloney last week more for the leadership he showed and the fact he leads from the front. If some of our forwards had shown his aggression we would have won comfortably. (Just my opinion.)
It was a tough game to pick three from - very brave display. The reffing desisions must have been very frustrating for the players.
Good game from John.
I find Henderson frustrating. Just when the attack is getting set he wanders off on a run from dummy half, gets caught, slow play the ball, end of attack. And his kicks are terrible.

Meth

Staff member
I watch the game and usually make a few notes about how players are going and their influence on the result. I then, usually, give it a bit of time before I cast my vote.
If my votes are way off everyone elses then it may be time to look more closely at others performance.
I awarded points to Maloney last week more for the leadership he showed and the fact he leads from the front. If some of our forwards had shown his aggression we would have won comfortably. (Just my opinion.)
It was a tough game to pick three from - very brave display. The reffing desisions must have been very frustrating for the players.
Good game from John.
I find Henderson frustrating. Just when the attack is getting set he wanders off on a run from dummy half, gets caught, slow play the ball, end of attack. And his kicks are terrible.

I guess we all look for different things. For example, I am naturally more likely to reward a forward over a back.

In any event, it works out ok- as of right now, the ladder sits;

After 12 Rounds:

Rapira 14.49
Maloney 7.43
Heremaia 4.94
Brown 4.63
Ta'ai 4.31
Packer 4.08

I think that's a fair reflection of the season (injuries accounted for)

Meth

Staff member

He has been better since he has been back. He shouldn't be anywhere near the ball on the last tackle.

I've always been frustrated by his constant attempts to catch the markers offside- wastes a tackle just about every time

Dr Crane

Live Update Team
He has been better since he has been back. He shouldn't be anywhere near the ball on the last tackle.

I've always been frustrated by his constant attempts to catch the markers offside- wastes a tackle just about every time

he and hohaia shouldn't be near the ball on the last tackle. yet again, we had two good halves on the park and these two guys are still kicking.

i agree about catching the markers offside. he seems to bump into them, and then just submit. if he'd bump around them and actually then try to find space behind them it'd be less wasteful.

Meth

Staff member
he and hohaia shouldn't be near the ball on the last tackle. yet again, we had two good halves on the park and these two guys are still kicking.

i agree about catching the markers offside. he seems to bump into them, and then just submit. if he'd bump around them and actually then try to find space behind them it'd be less wasteful.

it's a deliberate and cynical submission in the hope of a penalty- some hookers are great at it and only do it when they know they will get a penalty. Henderson is not one of those hookers.

Martli

Coach

Picks are always going to vary. We all see the game differently and this is a reflection of differing expertise, how we allocate our attention to the game, what our own criteria for a "good game" is and a whole bunch more. Really, it's just a bit of fun. No need to get hung up on your decisions/others decisions as there isn't anything at stake here. I say everyone should just stick to their guns; if you think someone had a good game then that's enough really. We're not deciding the Dally-Ms here, we're just saying who we think played well. Worrying that your picks differ too much to other people's is silly really and as meth showed, it tends to even out once its all pooled together.

tkr

Juniors
it's a deliberate and cynical submission in the hope of a penalty- some hookers are great at it and only do it when they know they will get a penalty. Henderson is not one of those hookers.

Lance is usually pretty good at getting penalties for this but this season the refs don't seem to be giving them in broken play for some reason. In fact, there have been numerous times when the Warriors have turned over an error from the opposing team and the refs have just allowed offside defenders to carry on. Sometimes I just think they have reverted to a 5m rule again :D.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
I guess we all look for different things. For example, I am naturally more likely to reward a forward over a back.

In any event, it works out ok- as of right now, the ladder sits;

After 12 Rounds:

Rapira 14.49
Maloney 7.43
Heremaia 4.94
Brown 4.63
Ta'ai 4.31
Packer 4.08

I think that's a fair reflection of the season (injuries accounted for)

Yeah i agree, Ta'ai should be a little higher though i cant complain when i dont vote!