What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3,2,1 vs Roosters

Izz

Bench
A telling stat is, since the Souths game when we supposedly turned it all around, we've conceded exactly 100 points in those four games.

Sure, we've scored more, but 100 points in four games? I just feel nervous as hell with that. You're right, in the finals (if we get there) this defence won't cut it.
Yeah, it's worrying all right. Scored 3rd most points so far, conceded 2nd most (though Panthers yet to play, so could be 3rd most if they have another shocker).

hitman82

Bench
What's your take on your personal fav Hitman?

Dude, he was a strange one.

Statswise:

39 minutes
9 hitups for 80 metres
3 tackle breaks
1 offload
15 tackles - 2 missed
2 errors
1 penalty

So yeah, in theory that is a solid game from a bench forward.

One of his errors was shithouse; I thought he was trying to milk a penalty and really dudded himself. Not very clever play.

I liked a couple of passes he put in, particularly a quick shuffle out to Hurrell.

The shit with Masoe and JWH seemed juvenile and unprofessional on first look, but I think something happened which didn't show up on the screen, and if that's the case I have no problem with Ukuma firing up.

He seemed to be putting a fair bit of hurt in the tackles.

In short, I thought he was good but not great. Cut out the errors and I would be pretty impressed.

I do think we need a player of Ukuma's type in the team.

_addict

Juniors
So if as you say
The shit with Masoe and JWH seemed juvenile and unprofessional on first look, but I think something happened which didn't show up on the screen, and if that's the case I have no problem with Ukuma firing up.
, is he just to easily baited? this isn't the only instance, and he always seems to lose.

_addict

Juniors
Yeah a little harsh when he was playing out of position, replacing the injured replacement:lol:
I wonder what the moral of this story is for the Warriors? That's Inu and Maloney who have had torid times of it replacing an injured FB

hitman82

Bench
So if as you say , is he just to easily baited? this isn't the only instance, and he always seems to lose.

How do you mean always seems to lose?

Hmm, nah I don't think he is too easily baited. Usually Ukuma fires up with heavy tackles or a run straight at the guy who pisses him off. He actually doesn't swing very often at all.

hitman82

Bench
I have to give a mention to Lillyman. Wasn't an amazing performance but he SMASHED Mini on our line right at the death, and in my opinion if he hadn't forced that mistake, Roosters would have scored and won.

Rich102

Staff member
Bit rich Bluey on TV3 claiming JRo's knee injury was a result of a high tackle.

ozbash

Referee
How do you mean always seems to lose?

Hmm, nah I don't think he is too easily baited. Usually Ukuma fires up with heavy tackles or a run straight at the guy who pisses him off. He actually doesn't swing very often at all.

Bit of history between Ukuma and Masoe.

Ukuma owned him game before last..

And yes Skinz, I was disappointed with what I saw from the Ro last night, letting the ball bounce instead of catching it, failing to fall on the loose ball.....

It wasnt looking too flash for the WGC.

JoeD

First Grade
As far as the Ta'ai penalty goes at the very least masoe had him in a headlock and could have easily been done for a grapple. Probably something else in it. How long is JWH goin keep getting away with holding the tackler down to milk a penalty. Surely the refs can see this.

Iafeta

Referee
Bit rich Bluey on TV3 claiming JRo's knee injury was a result of a high tackle.

I don't know if Bluey can make that statement with a straight face, but Hohaia had a similar thing a few years ago, knocked out in a tackle and did his knee as he was falling... so maybe there is something to it.

3 Hurrell - he is going to be an absolute superstar
2 Johnson - ditto the above, bang, bang, bye-bye... he's a freak
1 Mannering - epic machine

Latest posts